Map &

Cooking Class: Italian-Style Meatballs and Tiramisu
From EUR125.00

For the Kitchen Tips (5)

Fruit and Vegetable Market: Mercato Centrale

Located in a huge, sprawling wherehouse, go up to the second floor and you'll find one of the largest and most amazing fruit and vegetable markets you'll ever come across. An incredible selection of fruits and vegetables. In the spring and summer the selection is most impressive. This is ground zero for the Chez Pannise crowd -- and that's not a bad thing!

What to buy You can buy almost any type of fruit and vegetable you can imagine. Even if you aren't staying at an apartment with a kitchen, buy some fruit to take back to your hotel room. It really doesn't get any better than this. In the late Autumn you can find an large selection of mushrooms and truffles.

What to pay Prices are reasonable, and much less than you would find at most gourmet markets back home.

Sonador3's Profile Photo
May 28, 2004

For the Kitchen: La Norcineria

I don't have any doubts wheter to buy food in a small shops or big discount centres, small quarter's shop is definatelly my choice. Truth is, such a shops might looking overcrowded with merchandise and almost immense, but its exactly what making them more charming. Yes, we need eyes to see but in such a shops what we need much more is good nose (flair of hunting dog is required).

What to buy Fresh bread or panino, salami (I suggest mortadela), pecorino cheese (sheep cheese from Tuscany), dark oiled olives, and it will make the best sandwich one can imagine. A quarter of white dry wine to drink.

What to pay Can't say exactly but could cost 5 or maybe 10 euros.

croisbeauty's Profile Photo
Jan 17, 2013

dino bartolini: Everything for the kitchen

I like cooking and experimenting in the kitchen, so this shop was a great find!
I can also be a bit of a gadget man for kitchen equipment. This place has just about everything.
Local tuscan pottery also available.

What to buy Pasta making and cutting equipment.
Chocolate and sweet moulds.
Coffee making equipment.
Cheese grater.

What to pay Average (I think!).

martystagram's Profile Photo
Apr 26, 2003

Lorenzaccio: Italian ceramic majolica ware, hand made & painted

Ceramica Lorenzaccio is the outlet store in Firenze for a local ceramics factory. It is a short walk from the Ponte alla Carraia or the San Maria Novella square.

What to buy Their ceramics are hand made and hand painted in the colorful tuscan and umbrian majolica style. They offer single pieces or entire table sets. We were there in May 2009 and bought a single bowl from the shop lady who is part of the family that owns the factory. She said we can add similar pieces and they even make to order to complete sets.

What to pay Our bowl pictured is 9.5"x11.5" and cost 62 euros. That may sound high, but we see it as a work of art and a beautiful memory of our visit to Florence.

May 29, 2009

Via De' Belfredelli 9, Florence, 50125, Italy
Via Guicciardini 22, Florence, Tuscany, 50125, Italy
Borgo San Jacopo, 3, Florence, Tuscany, 50125, Italy

Sarori & Dintorni Conad Supermercato: Shopping at the Supermercato

If you're lucky enough to have an apartment with a refrigerator or a hotel room in the spring or autumn where you can store food on a window ledge to keep it cool, then of course, one of the best ways to experience the local flavor, to drink in the culture, is to shop locally for food!

We shopped at our local supermercato, Sapori & Dintorni Conad, for groceries. Very nice place. You could easily while away a few hours looking at the various Florentine goods.

What to buy Ah, yes! What to get? First things first, you MUST try the blood orange juice. Also, wine & Prosecco are also good choices as you'll be fairly amazed at the low cost to procure these goods. Vino - isn't that *why* you came to Italy in the first place?!?!

We also shopped for deli meat (sliced salami and prosciutto) and cheeses - mmmmm! And yogurt. AND lemon soda (something we fell in love with!)!!

What to pay I can't recall exactly what we paid but I do remember they were good prices.

BeatChick's Profile Photo
Jan 20, 2015

Top 5 Florence Writers

croisbeauty's Profile Photo

fgfi's Profile Photo

ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo

"My Relationship With Firenze"
brendareed's Profile Photo

"weekends in Florence"
mariocibelli's Profile Photo

"Firenze -Florence - Florenz - Florencia"

Things To Do Near Florence

Boboli Gardens - Giardini Di Boboli

The Italian Renaissance spawned not just fabulous art and architecture but gardens as well. Green spaces arranged in tightly ordered symmetry - embellished with sparkling fountains, grottos and...

Basilica Santo Spirito

On our way to the church of Santo Spirito, we found a really nice local market in the piazza in front of the church on the evening we were there. It looked more like a flea market and has reasonable...

Ponte Vecchio

one of the most famous Bridge around the world can be found in Florence along the banks of the Arno River. Ponte Vecchio is one of the three old bridges along the Arno River (the other ones nearby are...

Chiesa Dei Santi Apostoli

We stopped in this little church, Church of the Holy Apostles, to see the architecture of a very old medieval style church. It was off the beaten path and tucked away in a very small piazza with a...

Il Porcellino

this will be the pictures of the famous Pig Fountain in front of the Mercato Nuovo in Florence which is famous for tourists who put coins in the snout and also rub the snout to have their wishes...

Artviva Tours

When I started mixing up churches and art collections, I knew it was time for a tour outside of Florence. First I was considering taking the train and going on my own, but then I saw a flyer from a...

Getting to Florence

We don't yet have an address for this Shopping. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Shopping. Help us improve our info!