Mestre Local Customs

by machomikemd
  • Local Customs
    by machomikemd
  • Local Residents Meet to Chat and Play Cards
    Local Residents Meet to Chat and Play...
    by TooTallFinn24

Best Rated Local Customs in Mestre

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Galatine Milk Candy

by machomikemd Written Mar 18, 2016

I love this Galatine Milk Candy since the day a friend brought me back a pack of It as a gift after a trip to Italy and I sometimes pester friends who go there to buy me a pack or two and since this is my first visit to Italy and Mestre is the first City that I've stayed (save for various short stops to other areas) then Buying a lot of this candy is a no brainer since there is a large Pam Supermercato just one building away from my hotel.

Galatine Milk Candies are 80% made from cow's milk plus yogurt and a bit of honey.with less than 5% fat and have a creamy taste and is also available in milk chocolate flavors. a pack contains 30 pieces of round candies and cost 1.90 Euros for a pack.

Website: http://www.cloetta.com/en/our-offer/brands/galatine/

Add to your Trip Planner
  • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Visiting Friends Along the Via Piave

by TooTallFinn24 Updated May 28, 2013

Aside from being one of the main commercial streets in downtown Mestre, the Via Piave is also a place for friends to meet and share the events of the day. According to my hotel, the park across the street from the bus stop is a notorious meeting place for older folk to meet up with their friends chat, and have a little lunch outside. . There was also some card playing but I could not recognize what game they were playing. There was no card table just holding your cards in your hand while sitting on the bench or standing up. When taking these pictures I immediately drew attention from one of the groups. I don't know who was more interesting them or me?

Local Residents Meet to Chat and Play Cards

Add to your Trip Planner

Instant Answers: Mestre

Comments

Mestre Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Mestre local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mestre sightseeing.