Map &

Private Padua Walking Tour
From EUR390.00

Padova Card Tips (2)

Padova Card

Arriving in Padova, (or pre-visit on line) get yourself this valuable card!

For 14 Euros (2007) It entitles you to free, or reduced admission to the many attractions of Padova and its surrounding areas. Plus free travel on public APS buses and free car parking for 48 hours (or the whole weekend if purchased on a Friday)

Discounted boat trips on the Brenta Canal and entrance to some of the Villas are also included

A useful booklet comes with the ticket, that lists all the attractions that the card covers.

Each card is valid for 1 adult and 1 child under 12.

Often I find that 'discount cards' aren't really value for money, but this was well worth buying

I purchased mine from the Tourist Info (TI) office opposite St Anthonys Basillica.

You can also buy it from the TI office at the train station or Galleria Pedrocchi.

I booked my ticket for the Scrovegni chapel at the same time. This is included in the card price - I just had to pay an extra £1 booking fee.

I also bought a ticket for the Padova City sightseeing bus, for 6 euros instead of 12 euros which is normally valid for 24 hours, but with the Padova card it was extended to 48 hours use!

As my accommodation was out of the city centre, I used my card quite a bit on the bus.

Without this card a bus ticket valid for 75 minutes was 1 euro.

I also used it for free entry to the Palazzo della Ragione and The Caffe Pedrocchi.

I had hoped to visit The Botanical Gardens and The Observatory, which are also included on the card, but I ran out of time.

Be aware when planning Your visit to Padova that many of the museums etc close on a Monday

suvanki's Profile Photo
suvanki
Feb 08, 2016

$$ Saving Padova Sightseeing Tip

I don't think any VT'ers have mentioned the PadovaCard which you should DEFINITELY purchase if you plan to visit multiple museums/attractions in and around Padova and use public transportation. I wish I had known about this when I first arrived and was touring many sights each day as I would have saved euros that could have been better spent on tasty food/drinks! You can purchase a PadovaCard that is valid for either 48 or 72 consecutive hours - the prices are different, but the discounts/entries are the same.

You can find more info about this money saving device along with where it can be purchased at their website (see below), but some of the benefits of PadovaCard include: free use of buses and tram; free parking for cars and motorcycles at selected parking places in Padua; free entry to 12 historical sights; reduced entrance tickets to 24 monuments (including the Scrovegni Chapel!); and discounts on City Sightseeing Bus, boat tours along the Brenta Riviera, guided tours, trade fairs, theatre performances, etc. etc. It really is a good deal for those who plan to do a significant amount of sightseeing and will be in town for a least 2 days.

roberta2011's Profile Photo