Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

"Private Tour: San Polo Walking Tour - Merchants
"Private Tour: San Polo Walking Tour - Merchants Courtesans and Painters""In a city where west met the east exotic items like silk and oriental spices were traded along with copper and wood. Many of the courtesans lived in sumptuous apartments and were accomplished musicians and brilliant conversationalists. They were even secretly used as spies for the state.The second part of this tour allows you to admire the Gothic Frari church which dwarfs the eastern section of San Polo. Built by Franciscans in around 1250 it is one of the city's largest places of worship. You will admire its striking interior
From EUR37.00

Skip the Line: Best of Venice Private Tour Including San Marco Doges' Palace and Gondola Ride
"See the very best Venice has to offers in one day private walking tour. Explore historic sites including an extended visit to St Mark’s Basilica with our very knowledgeable English-speaking guide. No queuing and VIP treatment all the way with this exclusive package. You will be immersed in Venetian culture as you meander through Venice perhaps Venice’s most famous landmark. Here you can admire the magnificence of the Doge’s Palace and with 'skip-the-line' tickets you will soon be inside discovering the beautiful ceilings with frescoes by Tintoretto and walls adorned with paintings by V Venice’s famous lover and writer was imprisoned in one of the palace attics before managing to escape? Next is the highlight of the tour; the spectacular Basilica San Marco. The guide will point out how eastern architecture and western design have come together to create the Basi some made in the city and others plundered during the crusades. Of particular interest are the 11th century mosaics some of the few treasures that have survived the Basilica’s floods and fires over the centuries. This carefully designed guided tour includes many other famous sites includingCampo San Giovanni e Paolo
From EUR760.00

Venice Like a Local: Private Walking Tour
"A secret walking tour that will allow you to know the best preserved and authentic face of the city: narrow streets and canals beautiful squares and churches.Discover the areas of the city less frequented by the bustle of tourists and experience the authentic Venice following routes more peculiar than the classic tourist tours. There are numerous examples of places that bridges and facades.The tour departs from the top middle section of Rialto Bridge and explore the secret spots of Rialto and San Polo area. The route can be customised according to your personal wishes."""Discover the authenticity of Venice and visit those hidden pathways and secret spots like a local. Explore the city's streets during this 2-hours walking tour with the help of knowledgeable local guide.title=Highlights&1=%3Cp%3E2-hour+private+walking+tour+of+Venice%3C%2Fp%3E&2=%3Cp%3ESee+the+hidden+side+of+Venice+only+locals+know%3C%2Fp%3E&3=%3Cp%3EGet+away+from+the+crowds+to+see+authentic+Venice%3C%2Fp%3E&4=%3Cp%3EChoose+a+morning+or+afternoon+tour%3C%""
From EUR250.00

Alla Zucca Tips (7)

Alla Zucca: Cold Food Caused Bad stomach

Nice staff but ..... my wife and I had a bad stomach immediately after eating at this restaurant. Bad news ... the food was originally served cold and we complained and hey presto ... it was hot when put in a microwave.

Tasty food ... but beware.

Favorite Dish chard dish

nicholassolimeno
Feb 14, 2012

La Zucca: Interesting Vegetarian dishes

Small place with two areas to dine inside and a few tables outside. In a quiet area of Venice beside a small canal.

Favorite Dish La Zucca (meaning pumpkin) is one of the few restaurants in Venice that serves interesting vegetarian dishes. I dined with three friends in June 2010. I started with the tagliatelle pasta with chopped pistachio nuts in a gorgonzola sauce. It was rich, creamy, tasty, and filling. Next I had the baked eggplant, which was actually a side dish, but plenty for me after the pasta. We shared a liter of house red wine. For dessert, I had Vin Santo (a sweet dessert wine) and cookies. 23 euros total for my portion. This was my second time at La Zucca and I highly recommend it for the unique menu. Someday I’ll order something with pumpkin!

mpileggi's Profile Photo
mpileggi
Apr 04, 2011

La Zucca: Excellent Vegetarian choice

This lovely little restaurant sits on the corner of a canal and just a few meters from the Campo San Giacomo. It has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, very helpful staff and an interesting and imaginative menu, the vast majority of which is vegetarian. House wines are very good and both food and wine is good value. One of the indoor tables for two people sits in a small alcove and looks out over the canal, which is rather nice. Personally I prefer to sit outside and watch the world go by while I enjoy a long slow lunch.

Favorite Dish Everything we ate was good but, although it may sound unlikely, for the second plate (or as a main for a lighter lunch) you really should try the pumpkin flan. It was amazing.

Hugh02's Profile Photo
Hugh02
Jul 23, 2009

La Zucca: Good Local Flavor

It was very good and true Italian flavors. The place can get crowded after noon and inside is much larger than it looks. Great service of a family run operation. They are there to please your need.

Favorite Dish We had an appetizer of mixed seafood and vegetables, an excellent dish and nearly filled us up on that and of course the breadsticks. The main dishes of a fish with sauce and meat were excellent.

BruceDunning's Profile Photo

S Polo 2344, Campo Sant'Agostin, Venice, Veneto, 30125, Italy
2606, S. Polo, Venice, Veneto, 30124, Italy
S. Polo 2889, Venice, Veneto, 30125, Italy

La Zucca: La Zucca

if you can find this small osteria beside a canal in Santa Croce and can get a table you will not be disappointed. This place was recommended to us as a favourite of the author of the Venice blog - I'm glad he did and it was a memorable meal for our last night in Venice. Note its closed on Sundays.

Reservations may be necessary due to its limited seating. We got away with this as we sat down about 7.30pm but were asked to be finished by about 9pm - more tables were being put out then! (total seating of 30-35 people inside and out) Try to get the little table by the canal for its ambience.

Favorite Dish Great veggie options here but we plumped for a turkey curry. I had courgettes served with mine - the vegetables dishes are lovely and different from what you'll find in the majority of venetian restaurants. Starters include usual pasta dishes as well as a creamy light pumpkin flan. Othe imaginitive dishes incorporate lamb, duck , goat and rabbit plus lovely vegetable side dishes.

sandysmith's Profile Photo
sandysmith
Nov 26, 2006

Alla Zucca: try the pumpkin flan....

La Zucca is located next to a small canal (and one of the owners is mentioned in City of Falling Angels). Linda, an acquaintence of a friend who was in Venice also, recommended one exceptional dish - the pumpkin flan, which is so rich that two people could share it. This is dish is amazingly rich and dense -she was correct, 2 people can share it - for one person it would be too much richness (and I who believe in 'more is more, and less is less') I ordered pasta with gorgonzola and pine nuts and a zuchinni and tomato gratin - Linda ordered (I believe) a veal dish. For dessert I order a chocolate semi freddo with cardamon and ginger. Linda had something chocolate. We order a carafe of both red and white - we split the bill, 30E each. A wonderful and pleasent afternoon lunch - thanks Linda.

marktynernyc's Profile Photo
marktynernyc
Dec 15, 2005

La Zucca osteria con cucina: For a really different meal, we highly recommend..

The food is EXCELLENT. I never thought I would say that about any restaurant in Venice, but La Zucca deserves the recognition.

We booked early in the afternoon for reservations that evening. They don't have very many tables, but if you call ahead, they will block a two hour slot for you. For example, our table was reserved from 7pm until 9 pm. I assume they would then slot another reservation in from 9 pm until 11 pm.

Service was very good, the waitress spoke understandable English, I spoke my horrible mispronounced Italian, but we got along fine.

Bathrooms are 'exceptionally' clean, the patrons appear to be mainly locals, or knowlegeable tourists, and the decor is pleasing to the eye. There are three tables located outside, but they are located in front of the restaurant where the walkway begins to narrow before a bridge. Fellow travellers are just a little too close for (my) comfort.

Favorite Dish There were four of us, and we each had something different. Every dish was excellent, however a bit on the skimpy side.

Ma Kettle ordered a type of Pumpkin Flan with Rigotta, and grilled vegetables...very original, very fresh, but not too Italian. I ordered Avocado in a mustard sauce, sounds unusual, but it was yummy, and Calves Liver, with an absolutely wonderful fruity tasting fried onion mixture, and grilled Polenta. The usual bread, with a litre of red house wine.

Desserts...once again, excellent. Each one was delicious. First time we have experienced desserts that were obviously prepared in their own kitchen from scratch.

May I suggest the Fruit Torte, exceptionally fresh ingredients, and a good sized portion at that, and the Chocolate Mousse...to die for!!

We would return in a heartbeat.

Our last visit May 13/04

croisbeauty

"Venezia"
suvanki's Profile Photo

suvanki

"Wandering around Venice with Suvanki"
Trekki's Profile Photo

Trekki

"Amore eterno per Venezia la Serenissima :-)"
Zvrlj's Profile Photo

Zvrlj

"Venice – the City of Art"
sandysmith's Profile Photo

sandysmith

"Vacations in Venice"

Things to Do Near Venice

San Polo District - Sestiere San Polo

The church of San Giulian, commonly called San Zulian in Venetian dialect, is situated on the Merceria, the main shopping street of Venice. Originally it is structure from the 9th century but...

Ca' Pesaro

This is one of the many museums in Venice. Ca'Pesaro is the International Gallery of Modern Art and Oriental Art Museum in Venice (although I was not so much intrigued by their oriental collection...

Canal Grande

this will be my pictures foe the night view of the grand canal The Grand Canal is the main artery of Venice that splits the city rougly into two halves and of which 4 bridges cross the grand canal at...

Campo Santa Margherita

Piazzas are the happening centers here and there throughout the city. Some have less activity than others. This one was quite busy. I think because it was near the schools for the kids. We noticed...

Palazzo Grassi

The "Punta della Dogana" building has now been restored by the French billionaire François Pinault. A new museum opened on June 6, 2009 as new centre of contemporary art displaying artists from the...

Ca' Rezzonico

The baroque palazzo Ca' Rezzonico at the Canale Grande - with its striking facade of white marble - is one of the finest examples of Venice city palaces now open to the public. It was built in the...

Getting to Venice

Address

S. Gaicomo dall'Orio, Santa Croce 1762

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map