Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

"Private Tour: San Polo Walking Tour - Merchants
"Private Tour: San Polo Walking Tour - Merchants Courtesans and Painters""In a city where west met the east exotic items like silk and oriental spices were traded along with copper and wood. Many of the courtesans lived in sumptuous apartments and were accomplished musicians and brilliant conversationalists. They were even secretly used as spies for the state.The second part of this tour allows you to admire the Gothic Frari church which dwarfs the eastern section of San Polo. Built by Franciscans in around 1250 it is one of the city's largest places of worship. You will admire its striking interior
From EUR37.00

Skip the Line: Best of Venice Private Tour Including San Marco Doges' Palace and Gondola Ride
"See the very best Venice has to offers in one day private walking tour. Explore historic sites including an extended visit to St Mark’s Basilica with our very knowledgeable English-speaking guide. No queuing and VIP treatment all the way with this exclusive package. You will be immersed in Venetian culture as you meander through Venice perhaps Venice’s most famous landmark. Here you can admire the magnificence of the Doge’s Palace and with 'skip-the-line' tickets you will soon be inside discovering the beautiful ceilings with frescoes by Tintoretto and walls adorned with paintings by V Venice’s famous lover and writer was imprisoned in one of the palace attics before managing to escape? Next is the highlight of the tour; the spectacular Basilica San Marco. The guide will point out how eastern architecture and western design have come together to create the Basi some made in the city and others plundered during the crusades. Of particular interest are the 11th century mosaics some of the few treasures that have survived the Basilica’s floods and fires over the centuries. This carefully designed guided tour includes many other famous sites includingCampo San Giovanni e Paolo
From EUR760.00

Venice Like a Local: Private Walking Tour
"A secret walking tour that will allow you to know the best preserved and authentic face of the city: narrow streets and canals beautiful squares and churches.Discover the areas of the city less frequented by the bustle of tourists and experience the authentic Venice following routes more peculiar than the classic tourist tours. There are numerous examples of places that bridges and facades.The tour departs from the top middle section of Rialto Bridge and explore the secret spots of Rialto and San Polo area. The route can be customised according to your personal wishes."""Discover the authenticity of Venice and visit those hidden pathways and secret spots like a local. Explore the city's streets during this 2-hours walking tour with the help of knowledgeable local guide.title=Highlights&1=%3Cp%3E2-hour+private+walking+tour+of+Venice%3C%2Fp%3E&2=%3Cp%3ESee+the+hidden+side+of+Venice+only+locals+know%3C%2Fp%3E&3=%3Cp%3EGet+away+from+the+crowds+to+see+authentic+Venice%3C%2Fp%3E&4=%3Cp%3EChoose+a+morning+or+afternoon+tour%3C%""
From EUR250.00

Ristorante alla Madonna Tips (7)

Alla Madonna: Sample meal and price.

Me and my girlfriend, 2006. Memories are fading.

Starter: shared granseola (crab)
First course: squid-ink risotto and I think some kind of Marinara pasta.
Main course: grilled "coda di rospo" and (i think) sole fillet
Wine: house wine, 0.5 L

Euro 75 total. For a three-course seafood meal with good portions in a city that is the tourist trap par excellence it isn't that bad. The service is awesome, the food is always fresh and it does give you that feel of being away from the normal touristy routes. Always a winner.

luke_canuck
Apr 04, 2011

Trattoria alla Madonna: Great Seafood in Venice!

The whole menu is great. You will see much of the food on ice as you enter the restaurant. A little brightly lit as most restaurants in Italy are, but always lively and packed. Don't let the line scare you, it moves along because the restaurant is larger than most in Venice.

Favorite Dish This is the place to get your 'seppiolini de nero' or black squid ink pasta. It's so tender and much like a deep, rich mushroom flavor. Their tiramisu is definitely in the top three of my world experiences.

Straightboy's Profile Photo
Straightboy
Feb 12, 2008

Ristorante alla Madonna: famous for it's seafood

Alla Madonna has been around ages. Still has its reputation as one of the best seafood restaurants on Venice. This large comfortable restaurant gets packed, so reservations are adviseable.
Closed on Wednesdays
Opening hours: 1200 noon - 3.00 pm then 7.00pm - 1000 pm.

Favorite Dish Pesce fritte misto with a wedge of lemon - yumee

domenicococozza's Profile Photo
domenicococozza
Aug 21, 2007

Trattoria alla Madonna: My Favorite Restaurant in Venice

This was the best restaurant I ate at in Venice. Although it does not take reservations, it fills up quickly after 7pm. From the outside, it's dark and not all that obvious or easy to find. But it's very close to Rialto Bridge on the San Polo side of the Grand Canal. I got here at 7pm after a full day of sightseeing and I as exhausted as I was, I felt very lucky to have found this.

After the first dish, a Venetian appetizer called "Sardine in Saor" (fried, pickled sardines), I asked the waiters if they were in fact really angels from heaven. I think I even asked myself, "How can I not be in heaven? The food tastes too good."

When I told the waiter how good the Sardines Saor was, he said, "I know." The staff here are very friendly, sincere, on top of things and serve very fresh, tasty, traditional cuisine.

If you need soup in your diet, the seafood soup that I ate (the one with little pieces of bread in it) was magnificent.

The service was always there when I needed it with out being fake about it. It seemed as if they read my minds. The experience here was perfect in all senses: the taste, the service, the atmosphere (a lively bright atmosphere).

Favorite Dish Without a doubt, the fish soup (zuppa di pesce) was so good, I was nearly in tears. I cannot describe the flavors. I'll try. It's a perfectly salted fish broth with onion base, light pepper, possibly an herb similar to tarragon (or even balsamic vinegar) to give the broth a lightly sweet flavoring to it; probably some olive oil in it too. The soup has clams, fresh fish, and get this: squid eggs. Those squid eggs were amazing tastey, with a soft jelly like texture that was amazing!

mydreamquest's Profile Photo

S Polo 2344, Campo Sant'Agostin, Venice, Veneto, 30125, Italy
2606, S. Polo, Venice, Veneto, 30124, Italy
S. Polo 2889, Venice, Veneto, 30125, Italy

Trattoria alla Madonna: Venetian Cuisine

We had a fabulous dinner one night at Trattoria alla Madonna.

Located on the ground floor of a centuries old mansion, the restaurant has been in operation since the mid 1950's and is still owned by the original owner.

The restaurant was packed out when we arrived (without a booking), but they managed to squeeze us 4 in after a brief wait.

This was a cosy, relaxed place, with a mix of locals and tourists, and friendly helpful staff.

Favorite Dish They specialise in Venetian cuisine - hence seafood was the basis for the menu.

We started with seafood antipasto to share.

My sister Alison had one of the house specialities - the squid ink pasta with polenta. I had a seafood risotto. Bill is pictured here with his lasagne, and of course a carafe of vino rosso!

It was a fun night and we left full and satisfied.

sue_stone's Profile Photo
sue_stone
Dec 13, 2004

Trattoria Alla Madonna: Recommended by the locals

This restaurant was recommended highly by our gondelier as the place that the locals go and it was obvious when we went that many of the guests there were local. The prices were very reasonable and the food was incredible. I highly recommend this restaurant when in Venice!

Favorite Dish The gondelier told us that the specialty was the seafood risotto and it was to die for. Both visits, I asked for parmesan cheese and the waiters both asked "cheese with fish??" so I took his advice and think about that every time I have seafood. The other great dish that I had both visits was the grilled eel. On my second visit, my friends tasted mine and ended up ordering it for themselves.

Leslieb66's Profile Photo
Leslieb66
May 16, 2004

Alla Madonna

The restaurant was opened in 1954 by its present owner Mr. Fulvio Rado. Anciently an old venetian osteria complete of vineyard, this trattoria has preserved its style and quality in preparring traditional dishes.
Show bizz and cultural charachters often dine in this restaurant especially when they search for an informal and descreete corner and a quick but accurate service.

Pierangelo's Profile Photo
Pierangelo
Feb 05, 2004
croisbeauty's Profile Photo

croisbeauty

"Venezia"
suvanki's Profile Photo

suvanki

"Wandering around Venice with Suvanki"
Trekki's Profile Photo

Trekki

"Amore eterno per Venezia la Serenissima :-)"
Zvrlj's Profile Photo

Zvrlj

"Venice – the City of Art"
sandysmith's Profile Photo

sandysmith

"Vacations in Venice"

Things to Do Near Venice

San Polo District - Sestiere San Polo

The church of San Giulian, commonly called San Zulian in Venetian dialect, is situated on the Merceria, the main shopping street of Venice. Originally it is structure from the 9th century but...

Ca' Pesaro

This is one of the many museums in Venice. Ca'Pesaro is the International Gallery of Modern Art and Oriental Art Museum in Venice (although I was not so much intrigued by their oriental collection...

Canal Grande

this will be my pictures foe the night view of the grand canal The Grand Canal is the main artery of Venice that splits the city rougly into two halves and of which 4 bridges cross the grand canal at...

Campo Santa Margherita

Piazzas are the happening centers here and there throughout the city. Some have less activity than others. This one was quite busy. I think because it was near the schools for the kids. We noticed...

Palazzo Grassi

The "Punta della Dogana" building has now been restored by the French billionaire François Pinault. A new museum opened on June 6, 2009 as new centre of contemporary art displaying artists from the...

Ca' Rezzonico

The baroque palazzo Ca' Rezzonico at the Canale Grande - with its striking facade of white marble - is one of the finest examples of Venice city palaces now open to the public. It was built in the...

Getting to Venice

Address

Calle della Madonna,

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map