Map &

Been here?
Rate it

Top Tours

Amsterdam Museum Entrance Ticket
"With this unique pass you can stay as long as you like in the museum and see the following exhibitions: Amsterdam DNAAn hour-long presentation which offers a fascinating and concise overview of the history of Amsterdam through interactive images sound movement and specially chosen objects. Amsterdam DNA can be experienced in English Dutch French German Chinese
From EUR13.00

Historic Walking Tour of Amsterdam with Art Historian Guide
"Meet your senior art historian guide at 10am at the Covered courtyard of the Amsterdam Museum (formerly known as Amsterdam Historic Museum). After 1.5 hours you will have a pleasant coffee break. The guide will discuss the main highlights of Amsterdam its growth during the 16th century and its peak years in the 1600s.You will learn about the city's social history made of excesses of riches and poverty and about the commercial history carried out by private traders by institutional trades and by banking firms. Hear how the American Revolution was bankrolled by Dutch bankers. Visit John Adams house where he resided as a US ambassador. You will also observe the buildings of guilds and civic gua miraculously preserved through the ages. The well-kept historical city center is unique in the world.""""Enjoy a pleasant 3 hour walk in the old center of  Amsterdam with an art historian guide who will give you all the information about the city's social and commercial history
From EUR300.00

I amsterdam Card - City Pass for Amsterdam
"Amsterdam has so much to offer including world-renowned museums delicious food and delightful canals. The I amsterdam city card makes it easy to get the most out of your stay in this vibrant city while saving lots of money. With your pass gain free admission to illustrious Amsterdam museums including the Van Gogh Museum Rembrandthuis Museum and Hermitage Amsterdam. Save 25% off popular Amsterdam attractions such as Madame Tussauds and Icebar XtraCold and receive discount offers for restaurants and shows. You'll also get a free city map to help you navigate the streets and canals of Amsterdam and unlimited use of public transport (airport train not included). Enjoy the sights from a free canal also included with your city pass. Your I amsterdam card contains 2 separate chips which can be activated separately
From EUR55.00

Haesje Claes Tips (6)

Haesje Claes: Touch of Class.

The oak pannels and thick wooden tables and tastful decore gives you a feeling of the Golden Age. Open 12 noon -10pm for lunch and dinner. Extensive men and very good wine list. The service is normally impecable but can be a little slow when its very busy. The fresh selection of bread and rolls come with herb and normal butter , all in.I managed the dessert on one occasion and was a work of art delivered personally by the Chef!!

Favorite Dish Poached dane of Salmon in a Gouda cheese and cream sauce with selection of real fresh veg and new potatoes.
Rack of lamb on a bed of pan fried veg and herbs in a Port wine sauce. and many more too numerouse to mention !!

geoffboxer's Profile Photo
geoffboxer
Jan 28, 2004

Haesje Claes: Traditional Dutch food

On our first day in Amsterdam we stumbled upon this cozy restaurant on Spuistraat. It appeared to be quite a good choice, serving traditional Dutch food. You could choose a la carte or a fixed menu with a selection of three starters, main courses and desserts. The price for a fixed menu was EUR 23,50, which was quite reasonable.

The ambience was quite hasty as it seemed to be a popular place, but nevertheless we didn’t have to wait too long for our meals. I had an “Amsterdam menu” with a tomato soup as a starter, chicken breast fillet with red port sauce as a main course and a delicious apple pie for dessert. The place looked quite small, but I guess we only saw one of their dining rooms as I found out later on their web page that in fact the restaurant extends over six different, interconnected buildings.

Favorite Dish I really liked the tomato soup, it was simply the best ever!

SandiMandi's Profile Photo
SandiMandi
Apr 11, 2012

Haesje Claes Restaurant: Easy

The restaurant is formed by six connecting houses with three separate entrances. The rustic interior of beam ceilings and brick wall wraps warmly creating a time travel experience for all who enter. Haesje Claes has one menu serving warm meals all day. This menu changes every month according to season.It is best to reserve in advance.

Favorite Dish Dutch Dish

traveloturc's Profile Photo
traveloturc
Aug 03, 2006

Haesje Claes: This made my world change.

This restaurant has very classic air but is natural and plain. It is also small, so I felt like I were in someone's house in netherland. at then. And food!!! We can enjoy the typical dutch food.

Favorite Dish To tell the truth, I don't like fish.... (particularly raw,in spite of being japanese,haha).But this made my world change!! Herring. This restaurant served smorked herring for us at then. It's tender, tasted very good. When I came back to Japan, I bought tons of herring at airport because I coudn't forget thetaste and I guessed that I would not be able to get same thing at store in Tokyo.

yokomm....'s Profile Photo