Map &

From EUR13.00
Historic Walking Tour of Amsterdam with Art Historian Guide
From EUR300.00

Haesje Claes Tips (6)

Haesje Claes: Touch of Class.

The oak pannels and thick wooden tables and tastful decore gives you a feeling of the Golden Age. Open 12 noon -10pm for lunch and dinner. Extensive men and very good wine list. The service is normally impecable but can be a little slow when its very busy. The fresh selection of bread and rolls come with herb and normal butter , all in.I managed the dessert on one occasion and was a work of art delivered personally by the Chef!!

Favorite Dish Poached dane of Salmon in a Gouda cheese and cream sauce with selection of real fresh veg and new potatoes.
Rack of lamb on a bed of pan fried veg and herbs in a Port wine sauce. and many more too numerouse to mention !!

geoffboxer's Profile Photo
Jan 28, 2004

Haesje Claes: Traditional Dutch food

On our first day in Amsterdam we stumbled upon this cozy restaurant on Spuistraat. It appeared to be quite a good choice, serving traditional Dutch food. You could choose a la carte or a fixed menu with a selection of three starters, main courses and desserts. The price for a fixed menu was EUR 23,50, which was quite reasonable.

The ambience was quite hasty as it seemed to be a popular place, but nevertheless we didn’t have to wait too long for our meals. I had an “Amsterdam menu” with a tomato soup as a starter, chicken breast fillet with red port sauce as a main course and a delicious apple pie for dessert. The place looked quite small, but I guess we only saw one of their dining rooms as I found out later on their web page that in fact the restaurant extends over six different, interconnected buildings.

Favorite Dish I really liked the tomato soup, it was simply the best ever!

SandiMandi's Profile Photo
Apr 11, 2012

Haesje Claes Restaurant: Easy

The restaurant is formed by six connecting houses with three separate entrances. The rustic interior of beam ceilings and brick wall wraps warmly creating a time travel experience for all who enter. Haesje Claes has one menu serving warm meals all day. This menu changes every month according to season.It is best to reserve in advance.

Favorite Dish Dutch Dish

traveloturc's Profile Photo
Aug 03, 2006

Haesje Claes: This made my world change.

This restaurant has very classic air but is natural and plain. It is also small, so I felt like I were in someone's house in netherland. at then. And food!!! We can enjoy the typical dutch food.

Favorite Dish To tell the truth, I don't like fish.... (particularly raw,in spite of being japanese,haha).But this made my world change!! Herring. This restaurant served smorked herring for us at then. It's tender, tasted very good. When I came back to Japan, I bought tons of herring at airport because I coudn't forget thetaste and I guessed that I would not be able to get same thing at store in Tokyo.

yokomm....'s Profile Photo

Herengracht 341, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, 1016 AZ, The Netherlands
Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 276, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, 1012 RS, The Netherlands
Spuistraat 224, Amsterdam, 1012 VT, The Netherlands

Haesje Claes: Michelin Guide recommended

It was recommended by our guide, and we were not dissapointed.

Great service (staff are really nice), tasty food, attractive interior, prices are not low, but it is worth it.

However, I were ready for smth UNREALLY unusual - but it is just good restaurant.

Favorite Dish We have been there only once and tasted chiken and pork - nice. Drinks - wine and beer: nothing special. Also we tryed dessert (apple pie) - delicious.

magarisashka's Profile Photo
Jan 24, 2010

Restaurant Haesje Claes: Good variety, good service

A rambling series of small rooms gives this place an intimate atmosphere. We enjoyed fresh asparagus soup and the national dish entree - basically meat, potatoes and vegetables baked together in a wonderful sauce. Be sure to try some of the locally-made gin.

Liked this place so much we went there 2x in the same week.

Jul 07, 2013

Top 5 Amsterdam Writers

pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

jo104's Profile Photo

"God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"

"Amsterdam - I love it!"
ATLC's Profile Photo

"Amsterdam, is it real?"
Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

"Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"

Things To Do Near Haesje Claes

Amsterdam Museum

Do you watch the popular television show The Amazing Race? My husband, daughter and I enjoy watching it together. If you aren't familiar with the show, it's a reality competition in which eleven teams...

Begijnhof - The Wooden House

The Begijnhof - Beguinage in Amsterdam is certainly a pleasant and quiet part of the old city but as a beguinage I felt surprised by the architectural heterogeneity of this ensemble! Maybe I am too...
Things to do

If you're into shopping, you might want to check out this street. There are plenty of shops here selling so many things for men and women. The only traffic here are tourists! Lots of them. In fact,...

Amsterdam Dungeon

The Amsterdam Dungeon attraction is a horror theater show. Most of the show happens in almost complete darkness, with actors barely visible, so the main attraction is the thrill of the unknown,...

De Krijtberg

Officially dedicated to St Francis Xavier, De Krijtberg is another Catholic church in Amsterdam. The actual elegant Neogothic edifice was constructed in 1883 by the architect Alfred Tepe. The church's...

Bijbels Museum

Biblical Museum. Located on Herengracht in a group of stately mansions called the Cromhouthuizen. I was impressed by their collection of Bibles, and the model of the Temple Mount. "Archaeological...

Getting to Haesje Claes