Map &

Amsterdam Evening Burger and Beer Cruise
From EUR39.00
Amsterdam Walking Tour Including Dutch Snacks and Optional Canal Cruise
From EUR20.00

Tibet Restaurant Tips (4)

Tibet Restaurant

On our first evening in Amsterdam we came across this restaurant more by chance than on purpose. We were looking for a nice restaurant and as Tibet Restaurant seemed to have free tables we decided to give it a try.

It exists since 1993 and claims to be the first Tibetan restaurant in the Netherlands. The interior is rather small and simply decorated in Tibetan style.

The comprehensive English menu offers all kinds of dishes from Tibet as well as a selection from the Sichuan cuisine. All dishes are shortly described in the menu, although unfortunately it is not always mentioned how spicy a meal actually is.

I opted for the Tibetan Special Sizzling Pork, which was placed on a hot plate on our table. Plenty of plain rice was the side dish. It was very yummy, but for my taste a bit too spicy. With 14,50 Euro it was reasonably priced. My can of Heineken beer cost 4,00 Euro.

HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
Mar 19, 2016

Tibet Restaurant: Didn't even think about a beer, nor a cigarette!!!

Now this was a wierd experience for me, having had a couple of beers at Karpershoek and just generally wandering, looking for a casual late lunch, I find myself gravitating towards the red light district up Warmoesstraat and then taking a short left-hand detour - HA!!! (NOTE TO SELF) "Must cut these feet off before they get me into any more trouble"!!! Feet are supposed to under the control of the rational LH side of the brain aren't they??

And there it was - Tibet Restaurant - WOW EXCELLENT!!! Despite being the only customer in the place on a weekday, out of season, mid-afternoon, service was great, food delish, absolutely delish!!

Favorite Dish Only my first visit, but I can definitely recommend the Khamba Fish, which as the blurb goes: "makes the man stronger and the woman more beautiful" !!! Ach, MY woman cannot be more beautiful but I could do with the extra strength ;) Big chunks of meaty white fish (Hake?) cooked in a light sesame seed batter anjd served with a fairly spicy dark, but not too sweet, sauce.

Washed down with a cup of "Medicine Tea" - Ach, perhaps there IS more to life than Heinekin!!!!

johngayton's Profile Photo
Dec 17, 2014

Tibet Restaurant: Tibet Restaurant - the feel of the Himalayas

We chose the Tibet Restaurant one evening for our meal. It's located in a busy street. The interior is decorated with Tibetan Buddhist pictures.

On their menu you don't just find Tibetan dishes but also some Chinese ones in Szechuan style.

I opted for the Tibetan Amdo Beef Curry at Euro 11.50 and a Jasmine tea for Euro 2.00. It was a bit spicy but nice. There was some rice on the side which was included. Please note that on the menu you cannot really see which dishes are spicy and which are not. When in doubt, then please ask beforehand.

All in all it was a nice experience.

yumyum's Profile Photo
Oct 29, 2012

Tibet Restaurant: Real Tibet Food?

We spottet this restaurant at the very first day and had it on our "must do" list . On our last day we finally went there to try food from Tibet.

Favorite Dish We went for a menue with several dishes in order to get an impression about their food. As we know some dishes from Tibet, we were a bit dissapointed because the food was mainly chinese. For a price of € 18 per person one can expect authentic food at least.

Carino's Profile Photo