map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Amsterdam City Center Private Historical Walking Tour
"Once you meet your private guide at a designated meeting point you will head off to explore some of the little-known secrets of this city: the quaint quiet corners; tranquil tree-lined plazas and private courtyards. Your guide will also share priceless tips helpful advice and cultural insights bringing an insider´s expertise to your visit to Amsterdam.On the tour you will see: the Dam Square Wester & Old Church & Hidden Churches
From EUR105.00

Amsterdam Private Bike Tour with a Local
"Meet your private guide near Amsterdam Centraal Station at a time convenient to you. Then hop onto your bike and head into the city to begin your cycling tour. Widely considered among Europe’s most cycle-friendly cities Amsterdam is a wonderful place to explore by bike!Pedal along seemingly endless cycle lanes through diverse districts such as Chinatown the Jewish District Jordaan and Nieuwmarkt and admire the striking architecture for which the city is famous.During your tour take in popular landmarks including the Houten Huys — the oldest house in Amsterdam — the Nationale Opera & Ballet and the 17th-century Trippenhuis
From EUR35.00

Private Amsterdam Highlights and Hidden Gems Walking Tour with a Local
"Enjoy Amsterdam to its fullest during your private highlights tour with a twist. Your local guide will amaze you with all the hidden gems of this city; they’re just around the corner of all the must-visits. But they are kept away from the touristy crowds with a reason.  Wander past all famous monuments while you get to know all historical facts and unique local insights about them. And of course we’ve also taken care of your appetite by including a Dam Square and the previously mentioned famous Flowermarket. But what’s best about this tour is those unique places they take you to. A beautiful hidden chapel  one of the best sandwich you’ll ever have and an gigantic statue near Rembrandts house that most people don’t know of. This is the plan:Meeting Point: BeurspleinStop 1:Walk around the famous Dam SquareStop 2:Visit a bea""Visit Amsterdam’s beautiful highlights during your private tour of the city while discovering hidden local spots along the way with your local guide! Get to know the history and stories of the city like a local.   title=Highlights&1=Private%2C+3-hour+walking+tour+of+Amsterdam&2=Learn+the+fascinating+history+behind+the+city%27s+famous+landmarks&3=Stroll+through+the+beautiful+Flower+Market&4=Visit+a+hidden+medieval+chapel+in+the+Begijnhof&5=Savor+a+favorite+local+sna
From EUR25.00

Taxis Tips (20)

Suggest taking a taxi to your hotel at least

I was trying to save some money and decided to take the train into Amsterdam from the airport and then just get a cab from there to where I was staying. Let me just say that it would have been worth the additional 15 or so euro to have just gotten the cab to begin with! (And you definitely do not want to have to roll luggage through the cobblestone streets of Amsterdam!) My advice is to splurge a little on the taxi - you won't regret it!

ACoolJeweledMoon
May 05, 2006

Donate to him! a Tunisian taxi driver in Amsterdam

First of all, uploading this article and all photos is with this Tunisian taxi driver's agreement.
I met him at Schiphol airport. He showed the fare - €7/first 2 km, additional €3/1 km - and using taxi meter.
Then, we reached 3 km away from the airport. Of course, I intended to pay €10 to him, but he charged me €25!
I felt his demand was too expensive, exorbitant and illegal, but he insisted that €7 is charged for a ride, €16.5 for from airport to the goal, and €1.5 for waiting (arguing with me).
At that time, I was angry with this unscrupulous driver, but now, I'm really pity him in his poor state of the economy and lack of rest for his life.
Thanks to God, my friend and family, I have a good job and income enough to have warm food every day, enjoy delicious wine at dinner and sleep well in nice room all over the world (for example, Amsterdam, London, Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong, e.t.c.), that would never happen to him.
Although he got €15 excess charge from me, I think that chicken money would remind him the disgusting argument all day and that his behavior would injure his soul and all taxi driver's value in Amsterdam.
If you met him in Amsterdam, please remind that he will rob your money for his and/or his family's hard life. God bless him!

dressroom
Feb 19, 2012

Good Service DeluxeTaxiAmsterdam.com

Good taxi company in Amsterdam taking away all the bad experiences of the taxi drivers in Amsterdam, Always a english speaking driver very help full if you need some information about the city last minutes calls (+31648603332) also available perfect service.

very happy with them!

Pieter-Jansen
Jun 05, 2014

DO NOT GET IN THIS TAXI

We had the worst experience with a taxi driver in Leidseplein who took us on a scenic route for a trip that should have been 4 EURO max. When we asked where his meter was, he refused to keep it visable. Then when we asked him to stop because he was taking us in circles, he refused to stop until taking us FURTHER away. Then, when he did stop, we refused to pay him and he got out of his cab ready to start a fight. This kind of behaviour should be punished because had we not paid, this would be one of the stories of "taxi bashings" that you would see in the news the next day.

TAXI PLATE: TF-JD-06 Dark Blue Mercedes E class

Singel 416, 1016 AK, 1016 AK
Rokin 104, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, 1012 KZ, The Netherlands
Rokin 154-156, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, 1012 LE, The Netherlands

Great car services in Amsterdam

We had a great service using Ambassador Taxi Services from Amsterdam. We were picked up at Schiphol Airport and taken to our hotel -The Sofitel Grand Hotel- in Amsterdam. Great and helpful driver and a very nice car. Also used them to drive us to a few business meetings in The Hague and Rotterdam the other day. When we had some time to kill before flying home the driver took us on a tour through Amsterdam and surroundings. That was a very nice way to get to know the city. I fully recommend this service to all who plan a visit to Holland.

businesswoman
Jun 25, 2015

Taxi

Taxis are normally not hailed in the Netherlands, but taken from a taxi rank, of which there are many (there is an environmental advantage to this: taxis aren't constantly driving round looking for custom). Taxis are good quality but relatively expensive; around €1.50 per km regardless of day or time. You don't need to tip more than rounding up: they are already expensive enough.

You're not supposed to hail a taxi in the street - though occasionally one may stop - as there are ranks dotted around the city. The best places to find taxis are outside Centraal Station, the bus station at the junction of Kinkerstraat and Marnixstraat, Rembrandtplein and Leidseplein. You can't book cabs in advance, but if you call Amsterdam's 24-hour central taxi control on 6777777, a taxi will arrive almost immediately (though be prepared to wait if it is raining on a Friday or Saturday evening as the line is often busy, but there's a telephone queueing system).

Wheelchairs will only fit in taxis if folded. If you're in a wheelchair, phone the car transport service for wheelchair users on +31 (0)20 6333943 (generally open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday). You'll need to book your journey one or two days in advance.

isolina_it's Profile Photo
isolina_it
Jan 13, 2003

Bike Taxi

In addition to all the trams, they also have bike taxis. I mostly walked

Please rate this and my other tips whey you find them useful.

MikeySoft's Profile Photo
MikeySoft
Nov 02, 2006

Tram, metro, Taxi or bike

Taxi, metro, tram or the bike
some ways to go to or around Amsterdam.
During VT meeting 2001 I twisted my ancle in a bad way so i took a cab to the station

catnl's Profile Photo

pieter_jan_v

"MY BIRTHPLACE"
jo104's Profile Photo

jo104

"God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"

Mariajoy

"Amsterdam - I love it!"
ATLC's Profile Photo

ATLC

"Amsterdam, is it real?"
Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

Pavlik_NL

"Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"

Things to Do Near Amsterdam

De Krijtberg

Officially dedicated to St Francis Xavier, De Krijtberg is another Catholic church in Amsterdam. The actual elegant Neogothic edifice was constructed in 1883 by the architect Alfred Tepe. The church's...

Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt

New Year's is certainly not the season to visit a flower market, so Bloemenmarkt was not super exciting when I was there in late December 2014. There were definitely flowers being sold along with...

Begijnhof - The Wooden House

The Begijnhof - Beguinage in Amsterdam is certainly a pleasant and quiet part of the old city but as a beguinage I felt surprised by the architectural heterogeneity of this ensemble! Maybe I am too...

Allard Pierson Museum

Allard Pierson Museum is the archaeological museum of the University of Amsterdam. The museum is housed in a nice classical building formerly from the Nederlandsche Bank. Allard Pierson was a...

Bijbels Museum

Biblical Museum. Located on Herengracht in a group of stately mansions called the Cromhouthuizen. I was impressed by their collection of Bibles, and the model of the Temple Mount. "Archaeological...

Kalverstraat

If you're into shopping, you might want to check out this street. There are plenty of shops here selling so many things for men and women. The only traffic here are tourists! Lots of them. In fact,...

Getting to Amsterdam

Address

Amsterdam

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

Map