More Places to eat in Rotterdam

Most Viewed Restaurants in Rotterdam

• asianbelle's Profile Photo

Cafe Rotterdam: Dinner of wine and cheese

by asianbelle Updated Dec 9, 2004

I read Cafe Rotterdam's name in one travel book that's why I didn't hesitate when asked where I want to have my farewell dinner in Netherlands. And, I was not disappointed.

The restaurant is frequented by the yuppies, real cool. Our table was at the second floor, and although not next to a window, my host made sure that my seat faces the window. What's the big deal? Well, I had a good view of Erasmus Bridge.

Favorite Dish: Being a cheese freak, I really enjoyed my dessert of Cheese Platter. Around 5 kinds of cheese were served, but sorry, I enjoyed it too much to have bothered asking for their names.

Cheese Platter and Wine Bottle

• OlafS's Profile Photo

Surinamese food: This is not a restaurant tip

by OlafS Updated Oct 15, 2004

This is not a restaurant tip, but it is about food. Rotterdam has a large Surinamese community, and this means there are a lot of Surinamese restaurants and take-outs. You can find those in many other places in The Netherlands also, but in Rotterdam they seem to be everywhere. Here's your chance to try some of the best food in the world (my opninion of course). Surinamese food is nothing fancy, it is just good basic food. And I love it! Try roti-chicken for instance, my favourite.

• Imbi's Profile Photo

Fast Food: It is real thing

by Imbi Written May 19, 2004

Everywhere you go in Europe, there is always a cheap way to fill you up and it is fast food. Like all the big cities, Rotterdam also have few fast food restaurants. If you are not sure what to eat than go for these fast food restaurants. Nice and cheap.

• stefank60's Profile Photo

stefank60's Restaurant Tip

by stefank60 Written Aug 26, 2002

Can't remember name or location of the restaurant we ate in but service was good and while the menu was only in Dutch a customer translated it for us !!! Very friendly people and of course as is the case with the Dutch generally good linguists. The portion of chips that came with the meal was enough to feed a family (there was 2 of us)

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Kleyweg's Pannenkoekenhuis on...

by wapkh2 Written Aug 25, 2002

Kleyweg's Pannenkoekenhuis on the Oude Delft
    Authentic house along the canal. They also have a canalboat where they serve pancakes and all kinds of special foods. The owners participate in a contest every year for creating a delicacy. They have won on several occassions, some creations are quite daring.

Favorite Dish: Dutch Pancakes or the winning bun of the year

Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
Hotel Breitner
Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: Rotterdam

Comments

Rotterdam Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Rotterdam locals.
Map of Rotterdam