A companhia de viação Cristiano, Lda é que assegura as ligações na ilha.
Cristiano, Lda. is the bus company which operates in the island.
Carreiras / Lines
1. Piedade [06:15, 13:30] (13:15) - Madalena [10:00, 17:45] (09:30)
2. Ribeirinha [05:40, 13:10] (12:45) - Madalena [10:00, 17:45] (09:30)
Hora de Partida / Departing Time
 - De 2ª feira a sábado / From Monday to Saturday.
() - Domingos e feriados / Sundays & holidays.
1. Piedade-Ribeirinha-Terra Alta-Santo Amaro-Rossio-Prainha de baixo/Cima-São Miguel Arcanjo-São Roque-Cais do Pico-Santo António-São Vicente-Santa Ana-Santa Luzia-Bandeiras-Cabeço Chão-Madalena
2. Ribeirinha-Piedade-Calheta-Pontas Negras-Santa Cruz-Santa Bárbara-Arrife-Lages-Ribeira do Melo-Silveira-São João-Terra do Pão-São Caetano-São Mateus-Ramal das Relvas-Mirateca-Candelária-Monte-Criação Velha-Madalena
No período escolar, há horários suplementares.
Please, take in mind that there are additional services during school period.
Phone: 00.351.292622126Add to your Trip Planner
We had booked our trip through Abreu Travel who put us in touch with Antonio Carlos Rodrigues Silva for a spectacular day on Pico. Carlos took fabulous care of us and quickly determined what we wanted to see, at what pace we would like to travel (since he had been conducting these tours for many years.)
As a Pico native, he showed us spots and insights into local culture that we might not have otherwise learned.
It was election day in the Azores and we had a long discussion with Carlos about the polticial climate and how he thought the election's outcome would impact his island.
We spent quite a bit of time watching some local fisherman get their boat out of the water and discussing their catch. (photo)
We had the second best meal of our two week trip with Carlos at Restaurante Marisqueira de Manuel Maciel in Sao Joao. tel 292 673116. Carlos knew the owner and we chatted quite a bit about the island and some of the recent changes. There was a lovely view over the harbor and the fish, soup and sausages melted in your mouth. The Bradt Guide indicates that the proprietor may be overconfident -- we didn't think so.
Our day included stops at many look out points, Cais do Pico, Lajes, the whaling museum, Museu da Industrai Baleeira, Lagoa do Capitao and many of the local parks.
At the end of the day Carlos dropped us in Madalena at the docks so that we could take one last walk around and catch our ferry back to Faial. As the ferry was pulling away from the dock, we noticed that he was on the dock checking to see that we had made our way onto the ferry.
Phone: 962 526 787
- Arts and Culture