The city is not very large but very interesting to walk around, especially the old town. It appears that many old buildings are starting to be renovated. The open top bus tour was well worth doing it was very cheap, a great way to see the sites and a economical way to get around.
orientation of the city and nice pictures.
1 presei / press
2 muzeul stului / village museum
3 piata arcul de triumf / arc triomf square
4 piata victoriei square
5 piata revolutiei
6 cec / oldest bank?
7 palatul parlamentului
8 piata unirii
9 piata universitatii ( stop is at the hospital spitalul coltea)
10 piata romana
11 piata victorliei
12 piata charles de gaulle
13 parc herastrau
14 muzeul satuliu
tickets adult 25 lei
kids till 7 free
kids 7 to 14 10 lei
From august 2011 Bucharest has its first Bus tour line, a hop on hop off tourist bus with 14 stops that covers the most of the attraction points.
The lenght of the whole tour is 50 minutes.
The price for a 24hours ticket is RON 25 (cca EUR 6) for an adult, RON 10 (cca EUR 2,5) for children 7-14 years old and free for children under 7. Ticket is bought on board the bus.
The stops are:
1. Free Press House Plaza
2. Village Museum
3. Triumphal Arch
4. Museum of The Romanian Peasant / Natural History Museum / National Geology Museum
5. Romanian Athenaeum / Cretulescu Church / The former Royal Palace (National Art Museum)
6. National Museum of Romanian History / CEC Palace /
7. Parliament Palace
8. Mitropoly / Orthodox Cathedral
9. Bucharest City Museum
10. Museum of Romanian Literature
11. Victoria Palace (Romanian Government)
12. Charles de Gaulle Plaza
13. Herastrau Park
14. Village Museum