Pavlovsk General

On the way to Pavlovsk by marshrutka
    Me in Pavlovsk
    Andrey in Pavlovsk

Most Recent General in Pavlovsk

Pavlovsk in 2014

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Mar 22, 2015

Fondest memory: 46 years passed since my first visit to Pavlovsk.
    17 years passed since my second and my son Andrey’s first times we saw this wonderful Palace. But it attracted us for the next time once again.
    In May of 2014 we came back there. We were going to attend a VT-meeting in Saint Petersburg in the evening and had enough time in the morning to go to Pavlovsk by marshrutka (it was for the first time when we were without car).
    That my third visit brought me sweet memory about 1968 and 1997…

On the way to Pavlovsk by marshrutka Andrey in Pavlovsk Andrey in Pavlovsk Me in Pavlovsk Andrey in Pavlovsk

Pavlovsk in 1997

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Mar 21, 2015

Fondest memory: 29 years passed since my first visit to Pavlovsk and I came back there with my 16-years old son Andrey. We have been making a trip to Saint Petersburg and its suburbs by our car. We saw the Palace in its whole beauty after restoration.

My son Andrey in Pavlovsk Garden Pavlovsk palace Pavlovsk palace Pavlovsk palace Pavlovsk palace

Pavlovsk in 1968

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Mar 21, 2015

Fondest memory: When I was 14 years old my parents showed me the Pavlovsk Palace and Garden for the first time. We travelled by our car along Litva, Latvia and Estonia and went to Leningrad to see its sightseeing and couldn’t miss Pavlovsk.
    The Palace was destroyed in WWII. It has been under the long restoration.
    In 1957, thirteen years after the Palace had been burned, the first seven rooms were opened to the public. In 1958, four more rooms were opened, and eleven more in 1960. The Egyptian Vestibule was finished in 1963, and the Italian Room opened in 1965. Eleven more rooms were ready by 1967. We saw them in 1968.
    By 1977, on the 200th anniversary of the beginning of the Palace, fifty rooms were finished, and the Palace looked again as it had in the time of Maria Feodorovna.

Me with my mother at the Palace Me with my mother in the Palace

• Canadienne's Profile Photo

Pavlovsk Palace

by Canadienne Updated Aug 11, 2003

Favorite thing: Of the trio of imperial palaces that we visited ~ Peterhof, Tsarskoe Selo (Pushkin), and Pavlovsk ~ this is the one where we chose to skip the palace proper, in favour of wandering through the grounds.

Fondest memory: The grounds and its pathways are dotted with ruins (artificial, of course), temples and charming buildings. It was a rainy day, but we still enjoyed wandering. . .and it was free of cost.

Pavlovsk Palace
    • Architecture

Instant Answers: Pavlovsk

Comments

Pavlovsk General

Reviews and photos of Pavlovsk general posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pavlovsk sightseeing.