Izola General

Most Recent General in Izola

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Tourist Information Office

by Willettsworld Written Sep 30, 2006

Favorite thing: The Tourist Information Office can be found near Trg Republike on the waterfront promenade called Sonèno nabrežje. Here you can get a map of Izola but it isn’t all that detailed plus I didn’t see much information on the history of any of the attractions.

Sonèno nabrežje 4
    www.izola.si

• KiNyA's Profile Photo

Sunbathing and swimming (OK, I...

by KiNyA Written Oct 4, 2002

Favorite thing: Sunbathing and swimming (OK, I know water isn't so clear, but we have to be satificed with that what we have). There are three main beaches in Isola: Simonov zaliv, Na punti (also known as Svetilnik; it is located on the horn of Old Izola town) and Delfin (it is located by the Hoteli Delfin).

Fondest memory: For me Patrik and Aleks. They are two locals, who have I known for about 7 years. They really are good friends of mine :)

• oja's Profile Photo

Do the usual thing applying to...

by oja Written Oct 4, 2002

Favorite thing: Do the usual thing applying to Mediterranean towns - watch, wander, wonder and enjoy it slowly! Chatting to fishermen in the morning, strolling around the market or trying some homegrown wine like refosk wouldn't hurt either. In short - enjoy!

Fondest memory: A very personal thing, so do not read on unless you want to know me better... So: I was invited to Izola as a guest at the literary workshop, and had a reading at Besenghi Palace (more about the building in a must-see section). This was at the time when I had been tired of waiting for my first novel to be published, and had stopped thinking about it altogether. But just as I was getting ready to walk in and greet the audience with a pile of printed sheets in my hand, two people from my publisher's house appeared and said, There you go, it's out. And there it was - my book. My firstborn. I was touching it, looking at it, smelling it, recognising my own words anew - in short, I couldn't quite believe it was there. But it was, at last, and in I walked and read from my actual book for the first time. The audience was great and for some precious moments I felt on top of the world. That night I officially became a writer, and I will definitely never forget it!

• tetekung's Profile Photo

visit to Venice.

by tetekung Written Oct 5, 2002

Fondest memory: It is expensive to stay in Venice. By using this ship, you can go early in the morning and return at 5:00. It thakes 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Instant Answers: Izola

Comments

Izola General

Reviews and photos of Izola general posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Izola sightseeing.