Map &

Bled and Postojna Day Tour
From EUR97.00
Ljubljana and Bled Private Day Trip from Zagreb
From EUR325.00

Gostilna Pri Planincu Tips (16)

Gostilna Pri Planincu: Bring a license plate

I wanted something that was typical Slovenian. The wait staff recommended this spicy beef/lamb patty with soft cheese, a salad, and a beer. It hit the spot. Make sure that you bring an expired license plate to hang on their ceiling.

anadyr's Profile Photo
Oct 11, 2014

From Croatia we had a day trip to Lake Bled in Slovenia.
I had lunch at this lovely pub not far from the lake. For starter I had a bean soup then Weiner schnitzel and chips. Both these dishes were delicious.

alyf1961's Profile Photo
May 15, 2012

Gostilna Pri Planinco, Bled, Slovenia: Yummy Garlic Soup

Traveling in Europe recently in January, I enjoyed a wonderful creamy Garlic Soup at the Gostilna Pri Planinco pub in Bled, Slovenia. I had read previously of meals to try while traveling in Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Slovakia, and Hungary. Garlic Soup was one noted to taste in Slovenia. It was so delicious. We had a wonderful server and the pub was warm and cozy. We took pictures of our food, and the bathroom doors. Beautiful castle on the hill overlooking the lake with an island church. Very scenic beautiful town.

Favorite Dish I had the garlic soup and a seafood salad and my dining partner had the crawfish. Wonderful meal. But really enjoyed the soup!

Feb 21, 2011

Gostilna Pri Planincu: Great Food at Reasonable Prices

This place came highly recommended, so we decided to give it a try. There were a couple of outdoor tables along the street, so we decided just to sit there and enjoy the outdoors. This place looks a bit rough around the edges (with some raucous conversations around the bar), but service was quick and courteous, and the food was inexpensive and of excellent quality.

Favorite Dish I tried the 1/2 chicken with chips, while Sara tried the seafood goulash. The chicken was very tender and tasty. Sara's paprika-laden dish smelled divine, and Sara certainly didn't find the flavor hard to take.

travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Riklijeva cesta1, Bled, 4260, Slovenia
Grajska cesta 17, Bled, 4260, Slovenia
Grajska C. 21, Bled, 4260, Slovenia

gostilna Pri Planincu: best food in town

Always eat here when in Bled. If i cant finsh it have it wrapped and finish it later. Always good but can get busy in summer and weekends. See the English beer cans behind the bar? I put those there. Also recomend Cafe Krcma opposite next to hotel Jelovica. Nice little locals bar.

Favorite Dish Recomend puran ljubljana, turkey in bread crumbs stuffed with ham and cheese and fried. Eat half and take the other half for tomorrows lunch cold.

Mar 04, 2010

Gostilna Pri Planincu: Good, solid food and good beer......

I liked this place.

Yes, it probably caters for the tourist crowds in season (more or less empty when I visited) but it feels like a proper gostilna....very like a UK pub, actually.

I liked the landlord/head barman/manager/whatever he was too.........very much like a stereotypical English pub landlord, cheery and full of bonhomie and jokes. Nice chap.

There are outside tables for eating when the weather is nicein a small courtyard but be aware that the high terrace/patio area (accessed by wooden steps) is only for pizza.

Slovenian pizza is excellent, but I wanted something different. so we chose from the (quite extensive really) menu. I had the pork and roasted potatoes, my frined the pork with onion sauce.

Slovenian pork is so much nicer, tastier and more tender than UK pork. I don't know why, but suspect they use younger pigs than we do.

The meal was delicious and very warming (it was getting a bit chilly by then).

The beer was good too.

Highly recommended for a good basic pub-style meal in pleasant surroundings (building dates from 1903) , nothing really special but well-cooked, tasty, reasonably-priced and very filling (neither of us could finish meal or beer!).

leics's Profile Photo
Apr 29, 2009

Gostilna Pri Planincu: Huge Meals

This is a popular place with locals and tourists. Located 20m from he bus stop . the meals are huge for about 6-8 euro. I had stuffed peppers and it was great ..loads of sauce. Better for dinner though…big cooked meals even at lunch.

easterntrekker's Profile Photo
Aug 26, 2008

Gostilna Pri Planincu: Here you meet the locals and have good food

I have been eating here many times, and have always had good meals. They serve big plates here and have very good service.
If you go to the bar you will see that all the walls and ceiling is decorated with car number plates from all over the world.

Favorite Dish Gulash

OH_DK's Profile Photo
Feb 23, 2008
coceng's Profile Photo

"The Place That I Want to Live In..."
croisbeauty's Profile Photo

MEdelmann's Profile Photo

"Scenic and picturesque"
novsco61's Profile Photo

"The place with the only Slovene island"
olja1234's Profile Photo

Gostilna Pri Planincu: Not as good as others report

Had a rather unpleasant meal this month (august 2007) at Gostlina Pri Planincu.
The place was absolutley full of flies, so many that you had to keep swatting throughout the meal to keep them from landing in your food.
It was also full of people chain smoking. I should have been warned off by the thick fog as I entered, but I'd read some good reviews and wanted to taste some local food.
I may have made a unfortunate choice of Slovenian speciality – I don't remember the name, but I was presented with a huge plate of meat: Greasy sausage-like meat rissoles, even greasier meat patties, pork chops, and kebabs accompanied by chopped raw onion. More than enough meat to feed a family of 4 for a week, but nothing tasted good!
It was comparativley cheap, given the huge quantities of food, but good quality it certainly was not.

Aug 29, 2007

Gostilna Pri Planincu: Disappointing service and food

Interior is quite quaint, food was disappointing and service was very poor. We were over charged on the bill and when I brought it to their attention they were quite rude and non apologetic in thier response.

Sep 02, 2005

Gostlina Pri Planincu: The 7th VT endorsement

This is a typical Slovenian inn with typical fare, recommended by many before us. They are right in every respect. A few others offer almost the same but slightly different atmospher. They are Union (up hill 1 block beyond the Park Hotel--the way the bus goes) (owned by the beer company?)and another in the lower floor of the Grand Hotel Toplice, Cesta Svobode 12.

Favorite Dish Cream Garlic Soup. If you know it , you need no description. It does not reek of garlic and is healthy food.

hquittner's Profile Photo
Nov 25, 2004

Pri Planicu: Great lunch

The best place for a cheap lunch (and reasonable dinners too). Daily set lunches for around $5, friendly service, cute/melancholy waitress (a young Tracey Thorn) and a ceiling decorated with license plates. Very hearty meals indeed.

Favorite Dish Bread dumplings with gravy and pork is a typical lunch special. Pizza there is somewhere between good and very good. Garlic soup is strictly for garlic lovers but darn good.

travelbug102's Profile Photo
Oct 01, 2004

Things To Do Near Gostilna Pri Planincu

Lake Bled - Blejsko Jezero

One of the most romantic locations of the world, Lake Bled and its Barouque church has been marrying off many a hundred of those haplessly romantic lovers from all across the world. The church with...

Pletna - Boat Trips

Plaetnas , or colourful boats, are found at the entrance to the visitors area of Lake Bled. They take you to the Church at the center of the Lake . The boatman waits for you for an hour and then...

Bled Castle

This stunning castle stands perched on a rock towering over Lake Bled. The castle looks different from different angles as you walk around the lake and in different weather conditions. On our one day...

Vintgar Gorge

A ravine with steep mountains giving way to the gorje , with the bubbly gushing Radovna river splitting it into two, the Vintgar Gorje trail of waterfalls, stream, gushing pools and the water trapped...

Gornji Trg

Gornji trg (Upper Square) extended all the way to the town gate in the vicinity of the present castle hill tunnel, from where the road continued towards the Dolenjska region. Along this road lie a few...

Stari Trg - Stari Square

Stari Trg (old square) is Ljubljana's oldest medieval square, actually more of a street than a square. On the section of Stari Trg between the Cobbler's Bridge and Levistikov Square are some...

Getting to Gostilna Pri Planincu

Grajska Cesta 8

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!