Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Barcelona Sightseeing Bike Tour
"Book this sightseeing bicycle tour and be ready to discover the city center of this internationally known city. Meet your local guide and discover the unique architecture of Barcelona from a different perspective. The route you will follow will be around Sagrada Familia (optionaly) and make your way to several parks and beach areas like the Barceloneta Olympic Port and Ciutadella Park. Be prepared to get to know about the fascinating history of the city and receive their expert advice on what to do and see during the rest of your stay. This tour is suitable for all ages and you will mostly get""Enjoy your Barcelona stay with this 3.5-hour bike tour and discover the most known spots in Barcelona. Cycle through the city center as you sink in all the stories and details that your local guide explains to you.title=Barcelona+Sightseeing+Bike+Tour+Highlights&1=Family+friendly&2=Pickup+from+a+centrally+located+meeting+point&3=Free+drinks+included
From EUR23.00

Barcelona Bike Tour Including Tapas Lunch
"Meet your guide in central Barcelona and ride your bike to discover the unique architecture of Barcelona from a different perspective.Make the most of this experience and learn historical and cultural tips from your guide as you move around the city. Las Ramblas the Cathedral and Ciutadella Park.Your included tapas lunch will take place once you have returned your bike at the start point. Your guide will take you to a local restaurant where you will enjoy a tapas menu that consists of four different tapas an""Book this 3-hour sightseeing bicycle tour with tapas lunch included and be ready to discover the centre of Barcelona.Get to know the fascinating history of the city and receive the expert advice from your guides on what to do and see during the rest otitle=Barcelona+Bike+Tour+Including+Tapas+Lunch+Highlights&1=Instant+Confirmation&2=Great+overview+and+orientation+of+the+city&3=Perfect+for+all+ages+and+skill+level&4=Perfect+introduction+for+first-time+visitors""
From EUR40.00

Full-Day Private Wine Tour and Montserrat Mountain Experience
"Escape the big city and enjoy in this fascinating private tour during 8 hours where you will visit one of these wineries: Freixenet Artcava Pares Balta Codorniu Llopart or similar depends on the availability and you will finish the tour in the unique Montserrat mountain where you will see breathtaking views. Depends on the time and availability of the wineries the tour can start in Montserrat or in the winery. In the winery an expert guide will expla
From EUR157.00

Daytrip - Figueres Tips (17)

Salvador Dali Museum in Figueres

I've got (or will have shortly) most of the information and pictures of this fabulous museum of art in my Figueres pages. I usually hate art museums, but this one was special. Dali had a unique style that impressed even me, the art unenthusiast. If you're going to do one artsy thing, make this the one.

Figueres is just a little bit more than an hour from Barcelona by car. Many tour busses make the trip each day. Most likely you can easily arrive by bus or train as well, but we had a car. By car, follow the E-15 (tollway) or N-11 (the local) north, then follow the signs to the city center.

dlandt's Profile Photo
dlandt
Apr 04, 2011

Salvador Dali Museum in Figueres

The Salvador Dali Museum in Figueres is really spectacular. With 21 rooms of his work, including some which are very large, it is impossible not to be fascinated. I usually don't like to do too many things like this, and I admit the museum was very crowded after the tour busses came, but this isn't to be missed.

Salvador Dali lived and partially worked in and around Figueres. Very few people would fail to recognize the work I show here, with the dead clocks. Although he packs his work in symbolism, I don't really care. I FEEL when I look at a Dali, sometimes several different emotions at once. When you look at something and feel emotion, you're looking at art.

dlandt's Profile Photo
dlandt
Apr 04, 2011

Train trip to Salvador Dali

I LOVE Salvador Dali. I have been to the museum in Florida and I have always wanted to go to the original museum in Spain. Since we had an entire day to kill, we decided to hop on the train and head out to Figueres. It felt like it took forever to get there, but I think it was less than 2 hours. The town is in the middle of nowhere and there wasn't anything else to do there except visit the museum. You know you're getting close when you start seeing the Dali statues around. The museum was huge, much bigger than the one in Florida, I guess that should be obvious since Dali had a hand in designing the museum. I typically hate museums but I Love Dali and there is so much more to see here than just paintings. Well, worth the trip. I bought a bunch of souvenirs from the gift shop before leaving.

xxsentiaxx's Profile Photo
xxsentiaxx
Jun 11, 2009

Teatre-Museu Dali

If you are planning to visit the Dali teatre-museu in Figueres, you can't really plan ahead unless you're in a big group - unfortunately the website will only allow group booking (of 25 people or more). It's weird because it will let you book in smaller numbers for some of the other Dali museums, but not that one.

But a lack of tickets shouldn't be a problem... when I went with a friend a couple of summers ago, we just turned up and queued for a while and it wasn't a problem that we didn't have a ticket in advance. However, it was big queue so be prepared to wait; we were there for over an hour, but it was the middle of summer, so I guess it might vary throughout the year?

As the museum closes at 5:15pm (and some of the rooms start to close a little before that time), I would recommend getting there before lunch rather than afterwards, so you have time to get round it all. The other bonus is that if you aim to get into the museum at around lunchtime, a lot of families with small children will have left to eat - when I went there were tons of kids! We took a snack and some drinks for while we waited in the queue - there is a supermarket quite near the bus station. so there's no need to carry snacks all the way from Barcelona if you're on a day trip!

The museum is less than 15 minutes walk from the train and bus stations.

Don;t forget to take a student card / pensioner's ID if you have it as you can get money off the ticket price.

suzwa's Profile Photo

Paseo del Borne 30, Calle Pescateria 1, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08003, Spain
General Castanos 6, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08003, Spain
Pla de Palau, 17, Barcelona 08003

A Great Place for Dali Fans

This is a great museum for any fan of Dali. It showcases his work from various stages of his life and when we got a ticket we also got admission to the jewelry museum right next door. That was also an amazing museum to visit. There were his designs sketched out along w/ the actual piece of jewelry produced based on his designs. Spectacular!

mstinawu's Profile Photo
mstinawu
Oct 07, 2007

well worth the trip

We took a tourist bus to see the Salvador Dali museu. It is a must see if you are going to Barcelona. The art is incredible.
On the way our bus stopped in Girona and a guide showed us around the city. It was a very pleasant stop and great way to break up the bus ride.

jlpretty's Profile Photo
jlpretty
Nov 05, 2006

Hello Dali !

A popular day trip from Barcelona is to Figueres to visit the Dali Museum. I traveled there from Girona, not directly from Barcelona, but I understand it's a bit over an hour by train. From the train station it's about a 10 min. walk through town to the museum.

It's well worth the trip, even if you're not that farmiliar with Dali's works. Even the building itself is a work of art, and once inside , there are several floors of his works, and a courtyard that houses some of his sculpures.

NolaLou's Profile Photo
NolaLou
Apr 05, 2006

Salvador Dali

This is an exhibition which features much of the unknown work by Dali. Notably sculpture and printwork - it is well wortha visit.

I love his work and his style!

It is open every day from 10:00 to 22:00.

gordonilla's Profile Photo

seamandrew

"Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

Oleg_D.

"The capital of County of Barcelona"
bpwillet's Profile Photo

bpwillet

"Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
spanishguy's Profile Photo

spanishguy

"Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"

Salvador Dali Museum, Figueres

In this picture look towards the walls, there are BREAD s on the wall. Because Dali was very rich man and he always worried about being poor again.

Opening Times of the Dalí mueum:
Summer: 9am-1:45
Winter: 10:30 - 5:45
Bookings at: +34 972 677 500

o_z_l_e_m's Profile Photo
o_z_l_e_m
Oct 05, 2004

Salvador Dali Museum, Figueres

Figueres, the birthplace of Dalí. This is where he built his own Museum in the Dalí style.

Dali wrote, "In Barcelona, you will eat the best fish of the Mediterranean. Add to this the true art of preparing dishes, which I do not hesitate to call philosophic and Homeric."

o_z_l_e_m's Profile Photo
o_z_l_e_m
Oct 05, 2004

DALI MUSEUM

This is a picture taken at main entrance at Dal? Museum,is located in Barri Gotico very close to the Cathedral,don't miss it if you have the chance,here you'll see some of masterpieces of this great catalan painter,Salvador Dal?.

Hosell's Profile Photo
Hosell
Jun 26, 2004

Figueres - Teatro-museu Dali

Teatro-museu Dali is definately a must see when you're around in Catalunya. You can take the train from Barcelona to Figueres. It takes you about 1,5 hour by train.

Teatro-museu Dali is so much more than a museum. Can you think of any museum where you can actually walk on a camel, look through a loop and see the image of Mae West? In Teatro-museu Dali you can. The building is wonderful and the paintings and scupltures are marvellous.

Besides the museum there is nothing much to do in Figurueres.

It can be quite crowded in the museum. I heard that it´s the second most visited museum in Spain (after the Prado in Madrid).

Oh, you might wonder why I putted a picture of this statue by my Figueres tip. That´s because this statue stands in Figueres in a little park and it SQUINTS terribly!! We had a great laugh. The first time I went there I thought we saw it wrong because we drank too much Catalan Rose, but the second time I took this picture to prove it: he actually squints. That´s the story behind the picture, fascinating huh? ;-P

Emke's Profile Photo
Emke
Apr 09, 2004

Things to Do Near Barcelona

Parc de la Ciutadella

This building, located in the middle of the park near the boating lake, is the Catalan parliament. Also in the park are a few museums and the Barcelona zoo - once home to Barcelona's unofficial...

Museu Picasso - Picasso Museum

This collection of works by Picasso is housed in 5 medieval houses all joined seemlessly together after many years of renovations. Although not born in Barcelona, Picasso spent some years in the city...

Museu d'Historia de Catalunya - Catalan History Museum

This museum opened during 1943 and one of its major attractions is to take a walk underground and view the streets of the Roman and medieval city. We were on a tour and did not have time to enter the...

Museu de la Xocolata - Chocolate Museum

This is a museum about chocolate. I love chocolate and found the visit interesting. The exhibition starts with cacao and how it was used in America. And then how it came to Europe and later with the...

Barcelona Walking Tours Gotic

This Great tour, organized by Turisme de Barcelona, offers you the possibility to walk by the Gothic Quarter, with an experimented guide that will explain you the history of all the hidden corners of...

Santa Caterina Market - Mercat de Santa Caterina

In Bari Gotic neat the Santa Caterina church is the food market Mercat de Santa Caterina. Much smaller the Boqueria, it still has those wonderful smells and lots of vendors selling all sorts of...

Getting to Barcelona

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!

Map