map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Barcelona Sightseeing Bike Tour
"Book this sightseeing bicycle tour and be ready to discover the city center of this internationally known city. Meet your local guide and discover the unique architecture of Barcelona from a different perspective. The route you will follow will be around Sagrada Familia (optionaly) and make your way to several parks and beach areas like the Barceloneta Olympic Port and Ciutadella Park. Be prepared to get to know about the fascinating history of the city and receive their expert advice on what to do and see during the rest of your stay. This tour is suitable for all ages and you will mostly get""Enjoy your Barcelona stay with this 3.5-hour bike tour and discover the most known spots in Barcelona. Cycle through the city center as you sink in all the stories and details that your local guide explains to you.title=Barcelona+Sightseeing+Bike+Tour+Highlights&1=Family+friendly&2=Pickup+from+a+centrally+located+meeting+point&3=Free+drinks+included
From EUR23.00

Barcelona Bike Tour Including Tapas Lunch
"Meet your guide in central Barcelona and ride your bike to discover the unique architecture of Barcelona from a different perspective.Make the most of this experience and learn historical and cultural tips from your guide as you move around the city. Las Ramblas the Cathedral and Ciutadella Park.Your included tapas lunch will take place once you have returned your bike at the start point. Your guide will take you to a local restaurant where you will enjoy a tapas menu that consists of four different tapas an""Book this 3-hour sightseeing bicycle tour with tapas lunch included and be ready to discover the centre of Barcelona.Get to know the fascinating history of the city and receive the expert advice from your guides on what to do and see during the rest otitle=Barcelona+Bike+Tour+Including+Tapas+Lunch+Highlights&1=Instant+Confirmation&2=Great+overview+and+orientation+of+the+city&3=Perfect+for+all+ages+and+skill+level&4=Perfect+introduction+for+first-time+visitors""
From EUR40.00

Full-Day Private Wine Tour and Montserrat Mountain Experience
"Escape the big city and enjoy in this fascinating private tour during 8 hours where you will visit one of these wineries: Freixenet Artcava Pares Balta Codorniu Llopart or similar depends on the availability and you will finish the tour in the unique Montserrat mountain where you will see breathtaking views. Depends on the time and availability of the wineries the tour can start in Montserrat or in the winery. In the winery an expert guide will expla
From EUR157.00

Las Ramblas Tips (41)

The cup game, you can loose all your money!

The cup game is played on the street on the la rambla, and it's the game where they have three cups or three matchboxes and you need to guess where a small ball is hidden. The thing is that they trick you into believeing that you're actually winning alot of money until you suddenly bet to high and they, with their small quick little thief fingers switch the boxes so you loose the box where the ball is, and poof, you're money is lost to a silly game!

Unique Suggestions Don't play... If you feel tempted to play, then watch some one else play first, and see how easy it seems to win at first but then suddenly the tourist will start loosing money! I say, if you want to spend your vacation money on something this stupid, then do it..

Fun Alternatives Walk down the la rambla, watch all the funny clowns and artists that do alot of fun stuff to collect money. We saw alot of those standing-still-statue-people, and they looked all exactly like staues. We also saw a spanish dancer, a devil and an angel playing chess, and a clown scared the h*ll out of me.. They also sell a lot of wierd stuff there, like puppies and birds that eventually will grow huge, emu's I think they're called...

kixon's Profile Photo
kixon
Apr 10, 2005

Las Ramblas : forget about it !

When I was reading about Barcelona in travel guides, it sounded as “Las Ramblas” where THE place to be. So of course when we arrived this is the first thing we decided to do… and I was extremely disappointed. “Las Ramblas” is just a big avenue, full with tourists, street performers, pickpockets and prostitutes. You are bothered every two seconds by someone who wants to sell you something, or give you a flyer for a “pub crawl”. Boring ! It is such a tourist trap !
Barcelona has much better to offer...

Unique Suggestions But if you still want to go, just don’t take any bag or extra money and don’t stop to look at performers or people playing money games on the streets. And avoid restaurants in the area who are of course more expensive.

Ipanema_Princess's Profile Photo
Ipanema_Princess
Nov 29, 2009

beware las ramblas!!!!!!!!

yes im currently in Barcelona and las ramblas, well, i wont be going back to that area.. ever again! this is my second time in barcelona and todays events have certainly put me off going back. las ramblas is a street of unimaginable theft. i was walking down las ramblas and my mother and i are pretty wary about pickpockets etc and were certainly not stupid. there are many acts and markets stalls along las ramblas and eventually you will become relaxed and absorbed into the atmosphere. as my mother and i stopped to watch one of those performing artists someone reached into my mothers bag and swiped her purse. this wasnt down to stupidity but to the fact that these thieves are professionals. once your targeted they wait until you least expect it; taking a simple photograph or taking some coins out of your purse to give to the performers. my advice, dont ever let your guard down on las ramblas EVER. dont take photos, the performers arent that great and dont give money to them because once your wallets been spotted they will want your wallet! we had to cancel all my mums credit cards and we lost €300 cash plus some personal photos.

rudigger37
Jul 25, 2009

A cheap meal that isnt!

I'd heard about some of the expensive/rip off restaurants on Las Ramblas, however I had been up to Montserrat and got back late, was tired and my daughter and I wanted to eat somewhere close to the Plaza Catalunya. After a short walk down one restaurant was advertising what appeared to be a Paella for 2 at a reasonable price. I got hit nearly 12 Euros for a small bottle of spanish (house) wine that should have cost about 3-4 no more. A simple meal for two ended up costing over 40 euros. Avoid the Ramblas....

Unique Suggestions Try the freshly squeezed fruit juices for 1 euro in the market or one of the fruit platters, really good value and delicious.

Fun Alternatives If you need to eat in this area then go to La Fonda, get there early or expect to queue, it does close for a few hours inbetween lunch and the evening (closes about 3pm if I remember correctly). Three of us had a fab 3 course meal with loads of wine, Paella, Ensalada, Pollo etc for 35 euro. The establishment is a training restaurant for a Barcelona University, all the chefs and waiting staff are students but the service is excellent as is the food...

siwaller's Profile Photo

Paseo del Borne 30, Calle Pescateria 1, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08003, Spain
General Castanos 6, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08003, Spain
Pla de Palau, 17, Barcelona 08003

La Concha restaurant

I hate to say, but 65 euros later we left completely disappointed.

- First of all, the food was mediocre. Do not get me wrong, the salads (house salad, asparagus/ham salad) were quite good, but House Paella (18 euro per person, with minimum order for 2 people) was NOT. Seafood was old and rice tasteless.

- Secondly, we felt rushed. Waiters were nice and polite, but they kept coming to the table, eager to clean, thus making us feel we need to finish faster.

- Thirdly, the prices were quite high. I think 65 euros for a meal for two (NO alcohol) is too much.

Also, bare in mind that it is one of those places were they charge you for at least 2 pieces of bread (1 euro each), even if you have not eaten them. So, just send the basket away, if you do not plan on eating it.

sunshine9689's Profile Photo
sunshine9689
Dec 31, 2008

Beware of Pita House on Las Ramblas

Avoid this restaurant if possible. Menus seem to be reasonable at first sight, but none of the beverages have any prices listed. They get you with the large sodas(with many straws in them). When we got our bill (party of 9) we were shocked to see that they charged us $9.75 Euro dollars per soda which was more then some of the items that we ordered to eat. That's about $12.40 per drink times 9 persons came out to $111 US dollars.

Unique Suggestions If you have to go to any restaurant around Las Ramblas always check the beverage menu and ask for prices when not listed.

jessejames58's Profile Photo
jessejames58
Sep 29, 2006

Beware of Bait and Switch Con Artists

On Las Rambles you will see people gathered in a circle. There are several people involved, the person running the game and the other con's looking like tourists. They play a game similar to finding the pea or ball under the cup or shell. They make it appear as though the make beleive tourists are actually winning however, (DON'T beleive it for a minute). Once the unsuspecting real tourist is convinced that the others are winning they also place bets. Guess What? the real tourist never wins it's all bait and switch. I will admit it is amusing to watch but don't even think for one second that you will win.

Unique Suggestions Watch only. Don't get me wrong....... Las Rambles is wonderful and safe. Just be aware of the above mentioned con game.

Fun Alternatives Do experience all that Las Rambles has to offer. See the street performers, sit down and have a drink at the outside cafes and people watch. You would do better not to eat on Las Rambles as it is know as a tourist area, therefore, prices are inflated.

AAAinps1's Profile Photo
AAAinps1
Dec 24, 2006

Kind of shady street

The Ramblas was kind of ghetto to me--just full of souvenier kiosks and creepy street performers.

Unique Suggestions Keep away from the street performers--just walk by them.

Fun Alternatives One street over, the Placa del Angel had nice shops and beautiful buildings to look at.

monicarc's Profile Photo

seamandrew

"Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

Oleg_D.

"The capital of County of Barcelona"
bpwillet's Profile Photo

bpwillet

"Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
spanishguy's Profile Photo

spanishguy

"Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"

Too Many Tourist Traps

Don't get me wrong, Las Ramblas is a wonderful place to stroll, take in the sights, smells, and sounds. But many of the shops along the way were full of junk!! I did not buy one decent t-shirt because I was so disgusted! LOL

nicolettart's Profile Photo
nicolettart
Apr 29, 2004

Flamingo Dance in La Rambla

Its really not worth the trip and the wine they gave you with the show is awful. I should have asked for water or fruit juice instead. The dance is not good and I saw half the people there fell asleep on the show.

VZ-Pam's Profile Photo
VZ-Pam
Feb 13, 2005

Finding the Lady in Barca

Watch out for the card scam's going on in La Ramblas. There are usually 6-8 involved & the start playing 'find the lady' one 'punter' will put money down on a card & win, the next go he gets distracted & asks you which card to put his money he wins again, then he says to you have a go, that's when you are snared & so is your money. Also beware of pickpockets.

Unique Suggestions If you get asked say 'I wasn't watching' & walk away.

stu042
Jan 12, 2006

Las Ramblas

It depends what you want out of the trip but I personally found Las Ramblas really nasty. In my opinion it's one of the worst parts of town but for some reason there seem to be loads of tourists.
We went up there one day on the way to somewhere and stopped off for lunch. The service was very poor and I felt the food was overpriced.
There were loads of gypsies begging, which I found off putting and intimidating.
The street bands can be quite fun but they tend to move from cafe to cafe and always come around at the end for tips so you could end up paying a fortune out.
They say it's the worst place for crime and I'd agree. Luckily were weren't targetted but walking up there that one day I spotted 2 of the con tricks we'd read about in our guide book. I was amazed at the amount of people who weren't looking after their bags etc.

dawn67
May 27, 2004

Things to Do Near Barcelona

Parc de la Ciutadella

This building, located in the middle of the park near the boating lake, is the Catalan parliament. Also in the park are a few museums and the Barcelona zoo - once home to Barcelona's unofficial...

Museu Picasso - Picasso Museum

This collection of works by Picasso is housed in 5 medieval houses all joined seemlessly together after many years of renovations. Although not born in Barcelona, Picasso spent some years in the city...

Museu d'Historia de Catalunya - Catalan History Museum

This museum opened during 1943 and one of its major attractions is to take a walk underground and view the streets of the Roman and medieval city. We were on a tour and did not have time to enter the...

Museu de la Xocolata - Chocolate Museum

This is a museum about chocolate. I love chocolate and found the visit interesting. The exhibition starts with cacao and how it was used in America. And then how it came to Europe and later with the...

Barcelona Walking Tours Gotic

This Great tour, organized by Turisme de Barcelona, offers you the possibility to walk by the Gothic Quarter, with an experimented guide that will explain you the history of all the hidden corners of...

Santa Caterina Market - Mercat de Santa Caterina

In Bari Gotic neat the Santa Caterina church is the food market Mercat de Santa Caterina. Much smaller the Boqueria, it still has those wonderful smells and lots of vendors selling all sorts of...

Getting to Barcelona

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Tourist Traps. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Tourist Traps. Help us improve our info!

Map