Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Barcelona Sightseeing Bike Tour
"Book this sightseeing bicycle tour and be ready to discover the city center of this internationally known city. Meet your local guide and discover the unique architecture of Barcelona from a different perspective. The route you will follow will be around Sagrada Familia (optionaly) and make your way to several parks and beach areas like the Barceloneta Olympic Port and Ciutadella Park. Be prepared to get to know about the fascinating history of the city and receive their expert advice on what to do and see during the rest of your stay. This tour is suitable for all ages and you will mostly get""Enjoy your Barcelona stay with this 3.5-hour bike tour and discover the most known spots in Barcelona. Cycle through the city center as you sink in all the stories and details that your local guide explains to you.title=Barcelona+Sightseeing+Bike+Tour+Highlights&1=Family+friendly&2=Pickup+from+a+centrally+located+meeting+point&3=Free+drinks+included
From EUR23.00

Barcelona Bike Tour Including Tapas Lunch
"Meet your guide in central Barcelona and ride your bike to discover the unique architecture of Barcelona from a different perspective.Make the most of this experience and learn historical and cultural tips from your guide as you move around the city. Las Ramblas the Cathedral and Ciutadella Park.Your included tapas lunch will take place once you have returned your bike at the start point. Your guide will take you to a local restaurant where you will enjoy a tapas menu that consists of four different tapas an""Book this 3-hour sightseeing bicycle tour with tapas lunch included and be ready to discover the centre of Barcelona.Get to know the fascinating history of the city and receive the expert advice from your guides on what to do and see during the rest otitle=Barcelona+Bike+Tour+Including+Tapas+Lunch+Highlights&1=Instant+Confirmation&2=Great+overview+and+orientation+of+the+city&3=Perfect+for+all+ages+and+skill+level&4=Perfect+introduction+for+first-time+visitors""
From EUR40.00

Small Group Photo Experience in Barcelona
"Connecting the best places to photograph in the city of Barcelona this photo tour gives you the opportunity to practice in different light situations and with singular elements. The experience will open with a 20-minute discussion focusing on your specific camera equipment and some basic photography elements su exposure white balance and aperture. The tour begins in the narrow lanes and hidden squares of the Barri Gothic (Old Town) including the international Ramblas and colorful Boquería Market. Then there is a break for lunch (not included) in El Born district
From EUR50.00

Metro Tips (41)

The T-10

The T-10 is a transport ticket with 10 rides and is good for the metro and bus and several people can use it. Every ride is good for 1h 15 min (for zone 1- almost all the main atractions are within that zone) which means that for example you can use the metro and the bus in one ride. For 7 days in Barcelona we bought 2 T-10 tickets, every ticket costs 7.95 euro.

ritashor's Profile Photo
ritashor
Aug 09, 2010

Barcelona's Metro System

We found the metro system in Barcelona very useful, and our three day travelcard good value for money when using it, especially as our hotel was at a little distance from the town centre and some of the places we wanted to visit were rather spread out too. The maps were simple to use to work to the best route and the clear signs at each station made it easy for us to find our way from platform to platform, when we had to change trains. It was a quick efficient way to get from place to place and we never seemed to have to wait long for a train. We also felt very safe using it, even late at night.

Of course the disadvantage of travelling along underground is missing the view of this beautiful city that you would have travelling above ground and we also found that, as with the London underground stations, we often had quite a long walk, sometimes with stairs, when changing trains. We didn't mind this for our sightseeing but found it more difficult with our entire luggage when travelling from the airport to the hotel, so on the way back, we decided to take a taxi instead, which was well worth the extra cost.

There is a clear printable map available on the website listed, which shows the metro and other connecting public transport services.

Janani's Profile Photo
Janani
Mar 02, 2006

T-10 ticket is great

You can use this ticket from the airport and can be used by more than one person. We bought 2 of these tickets during our stay and used them for 2 trips to and from the airport, return to the Nou Camp and return to Parc Guell. This cost us €6.90 each and it costs that to go just to the airport so we got 8 free trips.

clmbsb's Profile Photo
clmbsb
Jul 09, 2007

Barcelona Metro...be aware, can be confusing

Bacerlona metro compared at least to the other metro I know, the Moscow metro, is small, dark and even suffocating sometimes. Yes, U can travel fast and cheap to every place on the city. The frecuency on all 6 lines is around 5min.

But my personal opinion is that the signs in the Metro can be confusing. I got lost twice searching for the right direction. The signs are mixed up and don't give a good orientation about where to go or wich metro to catch.

In Barcelona there is another way of transportation, the RENFE trains and if U don't pay enough attention, U can get on one of those trains thinking is the metro. BE carefull with that because U could loose some precious minutes if U miss the right train or metro.

russian_yaz's Profile Photo

Calle Esparteria 1, Barcelona, 08003, Spain
Paseo del Borne 30, Calle Pescateria 1, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08003, Spain
General Castanos 6, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08003, Spain
Pla de Palau, 17, Barcelona 08003

Anywhere you want to be in Barcelona

Barcelona has a very efficient metro system and you can reach anywhere in the city with the help of metro. It is also very easy to change to different lines within the metro system. The signs and labels don't give you any chance to lose your direction. If you will prefer walking and using metro combined as we did, you can get a T-10 ticket which gives you 10 rides in metro or bus within Barcelona. It costs 9.25 Euro and there are automatic ticketing machines where you can even get it with your credit card.

muratkorman's Profile Photo
muratkorman
Jul 15, 2012

Local transportation

The Metro is very good in Barcelona. I used it daily. You can find an interactive map here.

I used the T10 ticket (pictured to the right) for ten travels. This travel card offers you also the possibility of changing the metro with bus or tram for the journey as long as it is within a 1 hour and a half time period. Another possibillity is to buy single tickets (1.25EUR) or the 2-5day passes (9.60-20.80EUR).

codrutz's Profile Photo
codrutz
Dec 15, 2007

Very efficient metro system

The Barcelona Metro is one of the most under-used resources available to tourists. It is safe to use at any time of day and it comprehensively covers most of the city and is pretty cheap.

The metro in Barcelona is open until midnight from Sunday to Thursday, until 2am on Friday and through the night on Saturday.

draguza's Profile Photo
draguza
May 06, 2009

Barcelona Metro

The underground electrified railways - Metro - of Barcelona is the most cost-effective transport mode there is for tourists.

Though I almost hated it because of that staff (engrossed in story-telling with her colleague inside the booth) who won't sell me a ticket at the counter at the Metro Station Espagna and who insisted that I buy the ticket from the vending machine which in fact denied my credit card and I don't have a loose coin.

Aside from that I generally use the metro transport all the time - except when I'd prefer to walk - which is a lot of times.

If you're staying in the La Rambla area or near, then you would most likely walk around the area all the time, but for other sights, you will have to take the metro - like sagrada familia, parc guel, plaza espagna, montjuic, eixample, etc...

I would suggest buying the T10 ticket which is Euro 7+ that you could use for 10 times around Zone 1 where most of the tourist sights are located, whereas a single ticket cost about Euro 1.40, you can also share it with your friends. Saves a lot of euros.

Be sure to have coins or that your credit card is accepted at the ticket vending machine.

June.b's Profile Photo

seamandrew

"Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

Oleg_D.

"The capital of County of Barcelona"
bpwillet's Profile Photo

bpwillet

"Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
spanishguy's Profile Photo

spanishguy

"Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"

Unfair 50 Euro Fine

I was travelling with my two 13 year old daughters. We were on holiday in Barcelona.
When we tried to enter the Plaça d'Espanya station I used my T10 ticket but there was only enough to pay for two journeys, for my daughters. I paid for one single ticket for myself and the three of us entered the station.
I threw away the T10 ticket into a rubbish bin as it was finished.
In the station we were stopped by ticket inspectors. I showed my single ticket and explained that my daughters' journeys had been paid by the T10 ticket, and that because this was finished I had thrown it away.
The inspector said we had to pay a fine of 50 euros. I said this was not fair, as we had paid correctly for the journeys but he would not accept my explanation.
I asked if I could return to the area where I had thrown away the T10 ticket but he would not allow this. He said that I had to pay the 50 euros or he would call the police. He was aggressive and unkind.
This is very unfair and makes Barcelona look bad to tourists. I paid the fine. The number on the receipt for the 50 euro fine is 8653152140 and it is timed at 16:45:46. I appeal against the fine and hope you will accept that I did not cheat the Metro.

JohnDavidP's Profile Photo
JohnDavidP
Oct 25, 2015

Take the Metro to Explore Barcelona

It's quite easy to take the metro to go around Barcelona. Just purchase a ticket that's good for 10 rides for less than 10 Euros and you're good to go. If you don't read or speak Spanish, you might find the ticketing stations confusing. Lucky for me, I can understand a few Catalan/Spanish words so it was a breeze to get tickets from those automated machines.

Alternatively, you can always ask. :)

If you have a map, you are able to see that the tourist spots are located near a certain metro station, which is good. Just be careful of your belongings when you take the crowded metro, okay? :)

Strikinsmile's Profile Photo
Strikinsmile
May 18, 2011

Underground Metro Barcelona

My husband and I Can’t walk very far therefore we found that by using the metro we could get all over Barcelona without hardly any walking.
There are metro stops everywhere it’s great, we bought a weekly ticket which meant we could cover most of Barcelona.

The other transport was good too.

mdh114
Apr 30, 2011

Barcelona underground

The underground system here is fast, efficient and pervasive: there are various lines which cover the majority of the tourist sites as well as serving greater Barcelona as a whole. A good tip if you plan to use it a lot is to buy a T10 ticket. These tickets cover 10 journeys; changes in mode of transport (e.g. from metro to bus) which take place within an hour and fifteen minutes of validation class as one journey. These tickets can also be shared between two or more people, making it especially cost effective for groups.

monkeyfeesh's Profile Photo
monkeyfeesh
Jun 10, 2007

Things to Do Near Barcelona

Parc de la Ciutadella

This building, located in the middle of the park near the boating lake, is the Catalan parliament. Also in the park are a few museums and the Barcelona zoo - once home to Barcelona's unofficial...

Museu Picasso - Picasso Museum

This collection of works by Picasso is housed in 5 medieval houses all joined seemlessly together after many years of renovations. Although not born in Barcelona, Picasso spent some years in the city...

Museu d'Historia de Catalunya - Catalan History Museum

This museum opened during 1943 and one of its major attractions is to take a walk underground and view the streets of the Roman and medieval city. We were on a tour and did not have time to enter the...

Museu de la Xocolata - Chocolate Museum

This is a museum about chocolate. I love chocolate and found the visit interesting. The exhibition starts with cacao and how it was used in America. And then how it came to Europe and later with the...

Barcelona Walking Tours Gotic

This Great tour, organized by Turisme de Barcelona, offers you the possibility to walk by the Gothic Quarter, with an experimented guide that will explain you the history of all the hidden corners of...

Santa Caterina Market - Mercat de Santa Caterina

In Bari Gotic neat the Santa Caterina church is the food market Mercat de Santa Caterina. Much smaller the Boqueria, it still has those wonderful smells and lots of vendors selling all sorts of...

Getting to Barcelona

Address

Barcelona

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

Map