Map &

From EUR40.00
Skip the Line: Best of Barcelona Private Tour including Sagrada Familia
From EUR110.00

Taxi Tips (22)

Who Needs Roller Coasters?

We arranged for a cab from our hotel to the airport for the morning of our departure. The driver was prompt, helped us with our luggage, and was patient with our language barrier. All of that does not really help me forget the nearly vomit inducing ride to the airport. Once we hit the highways, our ride turned into a NASCAR race - in traffic.

Almost all of the moped and motorcycle commuters ride in between the lanes - on the line between the cars. Meanwhile our driver is at top speeds weaving in an out between all the cars and the motorcycles. I allowed plenty of time for our departure, I didn't really need to get there at breakneck speeds.
By the time we arrived, I was nauseous and shaking (made for a real good showing at the "exit interview" at check-in).

I drive an American muscle car, I am not afraid to drive fast, but I get a little squeamish about it on crowded roadways.

As I started to calm down while we waited for our flight, my husband asked me if I saw the driver's shirt. Husband tells me the driver was a wearing a '65 Mustang t-shirt. Guess he was trying to replicate the car chase from Bullitt (yes, I know that was a '68).

FatesWarn's Profile Photo
Jul 21, 2016

City - Airport Taxis

When there is not a taxi strike, the best way in to town is a regular taxi. When there is a taxi strike, or if you are looking to save money, the bus seems to be the best alternative, as pre-paid taxis are expensive and, in the case of the City-Airport prepaid taxi, it does not show up during a two hour search, does not answer repeated pages on the airport public address system, and they still charge you! The bus runs down the main boulevard to the centre of town, is much cheaper than a taxi, runs on a regular, frequent schedule and gets you to or close to most hotels and key tourist locations easily and efficiently, and for 1/10th the price of a cab. This is particularly good if you are travelling alone and with light luggage!

Jul 04, 2014

Barcelona Taxi Fares

Hi! I'm a taxi driver of Barcelona and I will try to help you with your doubts about price and supplements posting a picture of the 2013 fares stick we have on our cars! I hope it will be helpful for you! About the addresses of hotels and restaurants... the number of hotels and restaurants in bcn is really high! It's very difficult to know all! We just know the most famous or the ones we go more often! In this way I recommend you to know always the address.

About tips... it depends on the quality of the service you get, and it's up to you! There's not a rule or a law about that, just do what you think would be correct. Local people sometimes give tips and sometimes not. It's a personal decision. For example, I'm a taxi driver and I usually get tips, then I always give tips to each other. I usually give tips in bars and restaurants but the quantity depends on my happiness and if I think the price is ok. Sometimes they are expensive compared with the quality of the food you get, then no tip. With taxis is exactly the same! Anyway, look what local people do will be always the correct decision!

If you have some other doubt you can contact me, I will tray to solve it!

(Sorry if I have mistakes with my English)

FernandoTD's Profile Photo
Oct 08, 2013

Barcelona taxis

There seemed to be no shortage of taxis around the centre of Barcelona. This photo was taken outside the Sants Railway station.

You can hail a taxi from the roadside. Look for the green light on top which signals the cab is free for hire.

MikeBird's Profile Photo

Paseo del Borne 30, Calle Pescateria 1, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08003, Spain
General Castanos 6, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08003, Spain
Pla de Palau, 17, Barcelona 08003

Best Taxi Cab Driver

We took many taxi cabs around Barcelona including to the airport and train station.
Our best experience is with Taxi Cab Driver, Ernest. He was most honest, punctual
and very honorable unlike the other drivers who tried to overcharge us or became
aggressive when we dispute the overcharge.

Please call ERNEST at +677 988915 or +666291633 if you should need a taxi. He
definitely did not request us to do anything for him or advertise his service but we
felt it was what we would like to do for him in return for his excellent service.

May 15, 2012

Black and yellow Taxis Barcelona

Well they certainly stand out! :o) Black and yellow Taxis in Barcelona. The only other place I have ever seen so many taxis is Singapore. They were blue there.

Anyway, check out our taxi!! Arn't we lucky!!... :o)

Story..... We arrived at the local Railway Station (Sants) from Valencia....btw, that was a fantastic journey!! First time hubby and I have every been first class on anything!! :o) Flash!!

So we arrived at Sants Railway Station and decided the easiest way to our accommodation would be by taxi. ....Well my goodness!! ....What a line up!! ...Taxi's everywhere!! :o)

So here we are in the line and this awesome taxi rolls up!!... and I thought damn!! those people in front are going to get the good one :o( .....Well guess what?.... they were with the people in front of them ....and we got this cute old London type taxi!! How awesome is that!! :o)

What a way to travel to our last big holiday destination!! If I had a glove on me...I would have donned it and waved like the Queen haha.

aussirose's Profile Photo
Jan 21, 2012

Taxi in Barcelona

Hi, a travel from the airport will cost you at least 20,00, but it depends where are you going in town. Here you can find many information about taxi and prices. It's a good website if you want also receive tips about what to do in Barcelona and they give a guide for free if u join the fanpage! :)

Dec 19, 2011

Taxis All Over

Taxis can be found all around the city by the hundreds or more. They generally are an okay way to get from one point to another relatively reasonable prices. A fare from Pl Espanya to Columbus monument was 5 Euro, for about 3 miles. Be aware that if you took a taxi to a cruise ship, there is a surcharge of 5 Euro besides the fare that ranges from 3-5 Euro for the most of 2 miles. WE paid 10 Euro, which was a ripoff, but at the end the Spanish only speaking driver pointed to the sign in the rear window of the premium is allowed

BruceDunning's Profile Photo
Dec 05, 2011

Top 5 Barcelona Writers

Belsaita's Profile Photo

"Barcelona es bona..."
seamandrew's Profile Photo

"Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

"The capital of County of Barcelona"
bpwillet's Profile Photo

"Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
spanishguy's Profile Photo

"Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"

Outrageous amount !!!!!

Since traveling in Europe is not cheap for us American's we try not to take taxi's. Sometimes we have no choice and this was one of those times, we had a 6:00 am flight to Madrid and the buses don't run that early. We were staying in the center of Barcelona, so a taxi it was ....... the fare was a fair 32 Euro's .... but then here's the add on's that really irk us as travelers ..... 1 euro per bag, so it was 3 of us so that 3 euro's .... a 5 Euro charge because it was before 6:00 AM ..... then a 5 Euro charge to bring you to the airport .... so the 32 Euro ride was suddenly 45 Euro's .... that's about $60 US dollars !!!!!! We had no choice so be for-warned if you decide to take a taxi to the airport !!!!!!!

jlanza29's Profile Photo
Oct 19, 2011

mrawal's Profile Photo
Aug 01, 2011

Losing camera

On 17 juni on 15.00 hour, I lost my Nokia Camara in a taxi from the port tot the hotel Palace Barcelona to de Via der Cordes Catalonia 668.
On the camera where al my foto from the cruiseship "New Amsterdam".
Has somebody found this camera, please let my know.
I cab give you a reword of 500 euro's.
Jan W. Jellema
Burmaniastrjitte 5
8633 KA Ysbrechtum
The Netherlands
Many greeting from Hollanda

Jun 25, 2011

barcelona cabs

The holiday was really good and we had a great whether.
Many things to visit around and the people very nice.
We have just a complain about the taxi in Barcelona.
Don't ask a cab in the hotels reception because the taxi drivers have to pay for the service ,so they have to charge to the client.Some illegal companies work with all the hotels.
Take them from the street or from any taxi stop(rank).

Apr 07, 2011

Things To Do in Barcelona

Parc de la Ciutadella

This building, located in the middle of the park near the boating lake, is the Catalan parliament. Also in the park are a few museums and the Barcelona zoo - once home to Barcelona's unofficial...

Museu Picasso - Picasso Museum

This collection of works by Picasso is housed in 5 medieval houses all joined seemlessly together after many years of renovations. Although not born in Barcelona, Picasso spent some years in the city...

Museu d'Historia de Catalunya - Catalan History Museum

This museum opened during 1943 and one of its major attractions is to take a walk underground and view the streets of the Roman and medieval city. We were on a tour and did not have time to enter the...

Museu de la Xocolata - Chocolate Museum

This is a museum about chocolate. I love chocolate and found the visit interesting. The exhibition starts with cacao and how it was used in America. And then how it came to Europe and later with the...

Barcelona Walking Tours Gotic

This Great tour, organized by Turisme de Barcelona, offers you the possibility to walk by the Gothic Quarter, with an experimented guide that will explain you the history of all the hidden corners of...

Santa Caterina Market - Mercat de Santa Caterina

In Bari Gotic neat the Santa Caterina church is the food market Mercat de Santa Caterina. Much smaller the Boqueria, it still has those wonderful smells and lots of vendors selling all sorts of...

Getting to Barcelona

We don't yet have an address for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!