Map &

Full-Day Private Wine Tour and Montserrat Mountain Experience
From EUR157.00

Taxi Tips (22)

Taxis All Over

Taxis can be found all around the city by the hundreds or more. They generally are an okay way to get from one point to another relatively reasonable prices. A fare from Pl Espanya to Columbus monument was 5 Euro, for about 3 miles. Be aware that if you took a taxi to a cruise ship, there is a surcharge of 5 Euro besides the fare that ranges from 3-5 Euro for the most of 2 miles. WE paid 10 Euro, which was a ripoff, but at the end the Spanish only speaking driver pointed to the sign in the rear window of the premium is allowed

BruceDunning's Profile Photo
Dec 05, 2011

Clean and cheap

Taxis in Spain are quite cheap, so I'd recommend you to take a taxi to get where you want to. They will stop almost everywhere and will leave you where you want. Be sure to stop a taxi with the green light on the roof, as the others will be occupied. And there are 2 fares, 1 and 2, which will be shown next to the green light.

IIGUANA's Profile Photo
Feb 01, 2005

Taxi in Barcelona

Hi, a travel from the airport will cost you at least 20,00, but it depends where are you going in town. Here you can find many information about taxi and prices. It's a good website if you want also receive tips about what to do in Barcelona and they give a guide for free if u join the fanpage! :)

Dec 19, 2011

Outrageous amount !!!!!

Since traveling in Europe is not cheap for us American's we try not to take taxi's. Sometimes we have no choice and this was one of those times, we had a 6:00 am flight to Madrid and the buses don't run that early. We were staying in the center of Barcelona, so a taxi it was ....... the fare was a fair 32 Euro's .... but then here's the add on's that really irk us as travelers ..... 1 euro per bag, so it was 3 of us so that 3 euro's .... a 5 Euro charge because it was before 6:00 AM ..... then a 5 Euro charge to bring you to the airport .... so the 32 Euro ride was suddenly 45 Euro's .... that's about $60 US dollars !!!!!! We had no choice so be for-warned if you decide to take a taxi to the airport !!!!!!!

jlanza29's Profile Photo

Paseo del Borne 30, Calle Pescateria 1, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08003, Spain
General Castanos 6, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08003, Spain
Pla de Palau, 17, Barcelona 08003

Cab Fares

If you notice on the roof of the cab there is a number which is a kind of multiplier of the fare. If it is Sunday or if it is at night, there will be a two up there which will mean a higher fare (close up of the number 2 in photo 2). If it is a one there - during regular business hours on Mon-Friday, then it will be cheaper.

Surcharges include a supplement for traveling from the Airport, or to or from the port and also for each suitcase, all surcharge rates are displayed in the back of the taxi. When I called a cab to take me to the docks on Sunday, there was 5 € s on the meter when we started. It isn't a question of being ripped off - that's the base fare.

Official Barcelona Taxis are yellow and black and a green illuminated light on the top of the Taxi indicates that it's available for hire (photo 4)

grandmaR's Profile Photo
Apr 12, 2008

Cleanest taxis ever

The metro is a great way to get around town, and so easy to use, but for those locations where the metro just doesn't quite get to, a taxi is the way to go. The taxis are plentiful and so very clean and new. I've never seen taxis is such fabulous condition. Whether it was Seville, Cordoba or Barcelona, the taxis all looked like they were just driven off the new car lot. Very unlike our jalopies we call taxis in the US. There are so many in Barcelona, we never had to wait more than 30 seconds to find a taxi. Also, unlike our taxis in the US, which are never avalable when you need one, you can always find one in Barcelona. Look for the green light on the taxi.

karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
Jul 24, 2007

Taxi Rates in Barcelona

It is recommended to agree the taxi fare in advance. If you feel that taxi driver is going to charge you extra or driving the long way, then ask for the receipt and usually all problems disappear. It is your right to get a receipt!

Susanna1975's Profile Photo
Jul 25, 2006

Best Taxi Cab Driver

We took many taxi cabs around Barcelona including to the airport and train station.
Our best experience is with Taxi Cab Driver, Ernest. He was most honest, punctual
and very honorable unlike the other drivers who tried to overcharge us or became
aggressive when we dispute the overcharge.

Please call ERNEST at +677 988915 or +666291633 if you should need a taxi. He
definitely did not request us to do anything for him or advertise his service but we
felt it was what we would like to do for him in return for his excellent service.

May 15, 2012

Top 5 Barcelona Writers

Belsaita's Profile Photo

"Barcelona es bona..."
seamandrew's Profile Photo

"Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

"The capital of County of Barcelona"
bpwillet's Profile Photo

"Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
spanishguy's Profile Photo

"Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"

Taxi's to airport in Barcelona

The supplements on taxi's are a little confusing at first. I've just had 2 taxi's to and from the airport. To give you an approx cost on a Friday (Jan 09) it cost 20 Euro from airport to my hotel. On returning on the Sunday it cost 30 Euro. Watch for the price difference on a Sunday.

Also at the end of the journey the driver (at least he did on my trip) will press a button on the meter a couple times jumping the fare up. I presume this is the norm but its a bit off putting when you watch it being done. My Spanish is shocking so couldn't ask what he was doing, just something to bear in mind.

Platti's Profile Photo
Feb 02, 2009

Black and yellow Taxis Barcelona

Well they certainly stand out! :o) Black and yellow Taxis in Barcelona. The only other place I have ever seen so many taxis is Singapore. They were blue there.

Anyway, check out our taxi!! Arn't we lucky!!... :o)

Story..... We arrived at the local Railway Station (Sants) from Valencia....btw, that was a fantastic journey!! First time hubby and I have every been first class on anything!! :o) Flash!!

So we arrived at Sants Railway Station and decided the easiest way to our accommodation would be by taxi. ....Well my goodness!! ....What a line up!! ...Taxi's everywhere!! :o)

So here we are in the line and this awesome taxi rolls up!!... and I thought damn!! those people in front are going to get the good one :o( .....Well guess what?.... they were with the people in front of them ....and we got this cute old London type taxi!! How awesome is that!! :o)

What a way to travel to our last big holiday destination!! If I had a glove on me...I would have donned it and waved like the Queen haha.

aussirose's Profile Photo
Jan 21, 2012

Barcelona Taxi Fares

Hi! I'm a taxi driver of Barcelona and I will try to help you with your doubts about price and supplements posting a picture of the 2013 fares stick we have on our cars! I hope it will be helpful for you! About the addresses of hotels and restaurants... the number of hotels and restaurants in bcn is really high! It's very difficult to know all! We just know the most famous or the ones we go more often! In this way I recommend you to know always the address.

About tips... it depends on the quality of the service you get, and it's up to you! There's not a rule or a law about that, just do what you think would be correct. Local people sometimes give tips and sometimes not. It's a personal decision. For example, I'm a taxi driver and I usually get tips, then I always give tips to each other. I usually give tips in bars and restaurants but the quantity depends on my happiness and if I think the price is ok. Sometimes they are expensive compared with the quality of the food you get, then no tip. With taxis is exactly the same! Anyway, look what local people do will be always the correct decision!

If you have some other doubt you can contact me, I will tray to solve it!

(Sorry if I have mistakes with my English)

FernandoTD's Profile Photo
Oct 08, 2013

Barcelona taxis

There seemed to be no shortage of taxis around the centre of Barcelona. This photo was taken outside the Sants Railway station.

You can hail a taxi from the roadside. Look for the green light on top which signals the cab is free for hire.

MikeBird's Profile Photo
Jan 01, 2013

Things To Do in Barcelona

Parc de la Ciutadella

This building, located in the middle of the park near the boating lake, is the Catalan parliament. Also in the park are a few museums and the Barcelona zoo - once home to Barcelona's unofficial...

Museu Picasso - Picasso Museum

This collection of works by Picasso is housed in 5 medieval houses all joined seemlessly together after many years of renovations. Although not born in Barcelona, Picasso spent some years in the city...

Museu d'Historia de Catalunya - Catalan History Museum

This museum opened during 1943 and one of its major attractions is to take a walk underground and view the streets of the Roman and medieval city. We were on a tour and did not have time to enter the...

Museu de la Xocolata - Chocolate Museum

This is a museum about chocolate. I love chocolate and found the visit interesting. The exhibition starts with cacao and how it was used in America. And then how it came to Europe and later with the...

Barcelona Walking Tours Gotic

This Great tour, organized by Turisme de Barcelona, offers you the possibility to walk by the Gothic Quarter, with an experimented guide that will explain you the history of all the hidden corners of...

Santa Caterina Market - Mercat de Santa Caterina

In Bari Gotic neat the Santa Caterina church is the food market Mercat de Santa Caterina. Much smaller the Boqueria, it still has those wonderful smells and lots of vendors selling all sorts of...

Getting to Barcelona

We don't yet have an address for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!