map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Barcelona Sightseeing Bike Tour
"Book this sightseeing bicycle tour and be ready to discover the city center of this internationally known city. Meet your local guide and discover the unique architecture of Barcelona from a different perspective. The route you will follow will be around Sagrada Familia (optionaly) and make your way to several parks and beach areas like the Barceloneta Olympic Port and Ciutadella Park. Be prepared to get to know about the fascinating history of the city and receive their expert advice on what to do and see during the rest of your stay. This tour is suitable for all ages and you will mostly get""Enjoy your Barcelona stay with this 3.5-hour bike tour and discover the most known spots in Barcelona. Cycle through the city center as you sink in all the stories and details that your local guide explains to you.title=Barcelona+Sightseeing+Bike+Tour+Highlights&1=Family+friendly&2=Pickup+from+a+centrally+located+meeting+point&3=Free+drinks+included
From EUR23.00

Barcelona Bike Tour Including Tapas Lunch
"Meet your guide in central Barcelona and ride your bike to discover the unique architecture of Barcelona from a different perspective.Make the most of this experience and learn historical and cultural tips from your guide as you move around the city. Las Ramblas the Cathedral and Ciutadella Park.Your included tapas lunch will take place once you have returned your bike at the start point. Your guide will take you to a local restaurant where you will enjoy a tapas menu that consists of four different tapas an""Book this 3-hour sightseeing bicycle tour with tapas lunch included and be ready to discover the centre of Barcelona.Get to know the fascinating history of the city and receive the expert advice from your guides on what to do and see during the rest otitle=Barcelona+Bike+Tour+Including+Tapas+Lunch+Highlights&1=Instant+Confirmation&2=Great+overview+and+orientation+of+the+city&3=Perfect+for+all+ages+and+skill+level&4=Perfect+introduction+for+first-time+visitors""
From EUR40.00

Full-Day Private Wine Tour and Montserrat Mountain Experience
"Escape the big city and enjoy in this fascinating private tour during 8 hours where you will visit one of these wineries: Freixenet Artcava Pares Balta Codorniu Llopart or similar depends on the availability and you will finish the tour in the unique Montserrat mountain where you will see breathtaking views. Depends on the time and availability of the wineries the tour can start in Montserrat or in the winery. In the winery an expert guide will expla
From EUR157.00

People to Avoid Tips (45)

Dancing dolls scam. Violent con man.

This is an old scam. A man stands beside a tape recorder playing music. There are some small dolls that jig up and down to the music. When he stops the music they stop dancing. The trick : there is some invisible fishing line attached to the back of the tape recorder, the tape recorder is rigged to move this line up a down and make the dolls dance.

There's a guy who I kept seeing near the Hard Rock Cafe on Cataluya Square (at the top of the Ramblas), he was doing this scam every day, while the police stood around in a group just 50 yards away.

One day while I was waiting for a coach I watched the con man scamming an old guy. I went up and explained it was a con and tried to show the old guy the fishing line.
The con man was very aggressive, he pushed me away and then gripped flesh on my stomach and squeezed. I still have the bruises. It was the only way he could hurt me and not be seen doing it. He said in a strong Russian accent that he would cut out my lung. (Only 1 lung?). Followed by a stream of further threats and abuse.

I walked back to wait for my coach, but he packed up his stuff and came after me. Lots more threats about cutting off my head etc followed. Also he kept insisting I go with him, so he could show me what he would do to me. I declined and said we should go and have a chat with the police. He went and got his friend, another Russian, who was a bit calmer. Eventually they left.
All the time I was being threatened the con man kept looking around, in case the police came. That and the people around who were watching probably saved me from getting beaten up.

Thinking back, what I did was pretty foolhardy. Next time I'll just ignore or tell the police about the scam, not that they seem bothered.

Ps if you are in area look out for the con man, he's about 6ft (1.83m), aged about 25, short dark hair, looks like he is in the gym a lot, wears t-shirts.

I

Stevecon99
May 28, 2014

Cheaters!!! Avoid La Rambla!

La Rambla is very risky place. Lots of cheaters, beggars and pickpockets are roaming freely, in crowded place without any body protesting and there is no police watch.
The worst and the most common is the three boxes and little piece of paper stuff, it is so common in La rambla, after every 40 steps, you would see this happen. They act in a group, with role of everybody fixed and if you stopped, be sure to lose money. There is no protest from any of the people or shopkeepers there. They call third world countries as bad - Asia and Africa, but sorry to say this is the worst experience. At least, the 3rd world countries have beggars, but not open cheaters and that too in crowded places, because in India people protest and help tourists. Here its not the case. Spain act fast if you want to have tourists coming back.

avinash123
Sep 05, 2012

Sex Shops

There were not a lot around the city that I saws, but amazingly this one was right on the RAmblas, where most tourists stroll to get an impression of the "niceties" of the area. NOT. Prostitution used to be a big industry in the city, but is said to have waned now?

BruceDunning's Profile Photo
BruceDunning
Dec 05, 2011

Immigrants and Junk Peddlers

Besides a number of Indian youth peddling junk trinkets, especially around Park Guell, there are also eery looking Africans that will no doubt give you a hard time if you do not buy something. They are desperate, but just why they are let into the country is beyond me, legal, or illegal.

BruceDunning's Profile Photo

General Castanos 6, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08003, Spain
Pla de Palau, 17, Barcelona 08003

ARPI

ARPI La Rambla 40,Barcelona, SPAIN

I recently had the unfortunate circumstance of frequenting your premises to purchase a memory card for my Nikon Coolpix 7600 camera.

I have to say, the person who served me, I assume the proprietor, was rude and aggressive to the point of ignorant.

This person has no knowledge of memory cards and their compatibility with cameras, he also has no professionalism or care for his customers.

Having sold me a Panasonic 6 gigabyte HC memory card which would not work in my camera, his response was ‘IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM - IT IS YOUR PROBLEM - IT IS YOUR CAMERA.

A visit to a further outlet, confirmed the card should have been an AC memory card of no more than 2 gigabyte.

Obviously, his purpose is to make profit, from visitors to Barcelona with the knowledge they will soon be gone.

Kevinshenton
Apr 04, 2011

Fake situation presumption

On our walk to Sagrada Familia church we were stopped by one man, who wanted to ask where is Sagrada Familia even having a map himself. I pointed the way, told it is already not far and easy to find. Accidentally he changed his mind and asked where is Gracia train station, trying to ask me come closer to him. It looked a bit illogical to us why he needed the different places in contrary sides.

What is more, we saw another black man, standing not so far and keeping an eye to the one we met. I decided not to take further consideration and told we have to go.

Before coming to Barcelona I read about fake situations as well, and the one was about a man who tries to speak with you and to invite you more closely, and the other one, who comes later as a civil police officer (with fake license) and tells to show you documents, as you are speaking with suspected person (drug dealer, so on). So, later they know how to take you wallet or any documents... Of course, it is just my presumption.

Raimix's Profile Photo
Raimix
Feb 06, 2011

Beggar women

Beware of beggar women. While we were eating our lunch two women approached us holding toddlers (about 5 minutes apart) and begged for money. I gave some change I had lying on the table to the first one but I have since heard that they pick pocket you. Luckily for me my bag was between my feet so no one could get at it but just be wary.

clueless83's Profile Photo
clueless83
Apr 22, 2010

the gamers in the street

We saw many groups of people trying to bribe passing tourists with the game of the three boxes and the coin. Do not listen to these people, because they are cheating (and often those who you see playing and wiining are together with the cheaters)

Fabanna's Profile Photo

seamandrew

"Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

Oleg_D.

"The capital of County of Barcelona"
bpwillet's Profile Photo

bpwillet

"Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
spanishguy's Profile Photo

spanishguy

"Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"

Avoid Africans and gypsies

Las Ramblas is a popular tourist destination. Likewise, people in search of easy money through less than scrupulous means also hang out here to look out for the unsuspecting tourist. It is easy for them to spot the tourist from the local especially if you are not Caucasian.
Avoid the dark skinned Africans. They are probably illegal immigrants from north Africa and need money to sustain themselves. They work in pairs and are very nimble-fingered.
You must also avoid gypsies. These gypsy women are easily recognised by their headscarves and shabby dressing. They usually have one or two children in trawl. Their usual ruse is to distract your attention by showing you some embroidery and while your attention is diverted, the child dips into your pocket!
I normally put my cash and credit cards in a concealed money belt and put small change of around 20 - 30 euros in my jeans pocket.

aukahkay's Profile Photo
aukahkay
Feb 05, 2006

Beggars

A lot of 'Gypsy' beggars hanging around pestering for a few coins, don't give them any as soon as they see any money more appear and your wallet may go walkabout.
Saw 2 young girls 11 or 12 being held by cafe staff until Police came, as they tried to pickpocket a tourist whilst selling flowers.

stu042
Jan 12, 2006

Young children with newspapers

never trust a young child in Barcelona with a singl sheeted newspaper.

My friends mum got mugged while we were on holiday. We sat down at a nice place to have a drink. I was clutching onto my baga nd things, we all were and soon as my friends mum tok her pruse out carefully we were surrounded by young boys with newspapers flashing them all about our faces and then stole her purse. My mum ran after them and the police manged to catch 2 of them, and my friens mum caught another, although there was about 5 young boys, they claimed there was only 3 of them.

Unfortunately my friends mum didn't get her purse back and money etc, and the police told us that it was not a mugging or theft because the boys did not touch us physically to get the purse which is rediculous, whcih means, you cna go upto anyone sitting down, throw some newspaper at them and then take whatever is on the table.

So watch out for young children with newspapers and women, almsot look gypsy-like with a baby and a newspaper, snooping around.

Be VERY careful.

LeopardxLadyee's Profile Photo
LeopardxLadyee
Jul 27, 2005

Gothic Neighborhood

If you are walking down The Rambla and you turn into the left narrow streets you´ll be in the Gothic neightborhood.
There are many magreebian young guys and other 'street guys' there trying to sell hash or steal people. Be careful, specially at night.
Don´t show your carera, money, etc.
Same thing if you turn right going down The Rambla, it´s El Rabal neightborhood a.k.a El Barrio Chino.

RudoElCojonudo's Profile Photo
RudoElCojonudo
Mar 09, 2005

Things to Do Near Barcelona

Parc de la Ciutadella

This building, located in the middle of the park near the boating lake, is the Catalan parliament. Also in the park are a few museums and the Barcelona zoo - once home to Barcelona's unofficial...

Museu Picasso - Picasso Museum

This collection of works by Picasso is housed in 5 medieval houses all joined seemlessly together after many years of renovations. Although not born in Barcelona, Picasso spent some years in the city...

Museu d'Historia de Catalunya - Catalan History Museum

This museum opened during 1943 and one of its major attractions is to take a walk underground and view the streets of the Roman and medieval city. We were on a tour and did not have time to enter the...

Museu de la Xocolata - Chocolate Museum

This is a museum about chocolate. I love chocolate and found the visit interesting. The exhibition starts with cacao and how it was used in America. And then how it came to Europe and later with the...

Barcelona Walking Tours Gotic

This Great tour, organized by Turisme de Barcelona, offers you the possibility to walk by the Gothic Quarter, with an experimented guide that will explain you the history of all the hidden corners of...

Santa Caterina Market - Mercat de Santa Caterina

In Bari Gotic neat the Santa Caterina church is the food market Mercat de Santa Caterina. Much smaller the Boqueria, it still has those wonderful smells and lots of vendors selling all sorts of...

Getting to Barcelona

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Warnings and Dangers. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Warnings and Dangers. Help us improve our info!

Map