Map &

Been here?
Rate it

Top Tours

Córdoba Private Guided Day Tour from Madrid
"Enjoy this private 8 hour tour with your guide and get to the historical city of Cordoba very comfortably in a fast train service. The tour will start off with a ride from Madrid's ATOCHA train station and then travel comfortably by fast train to your official tour guide will meet you at the train station and your private tour will start. Your tour is completely personalized to fit your own needs. The tour will be organized taking into account what you want. An example of what some of the Jewish quarter and Gothic architecture and roman remains.The tour will finish off at the same meeting point.""""Once you visit Madrid and have a day to spare you cannot miss on a visit to Cordoba. Embark on an amazing full-day excursion. Explore Cordoba’s Moorish monuments with your private tour guide and emerge yourself in the historical streets and admire the great architecture."title=Highlights&1=Private%2C+full-day+tour+to+Cordoba+from+Madrid&2=Ride+the+fast+train+with+a+guide+through+the+scenic+Andalusian+countryside&3=See+highlights+of+the+city%27s+UNESCO-listed+historic+center&4=Step+inside+Cardoba%27s+famous+cathedral+built
From EUR229.00

Madrid Full Day by High Speed Train from different points in Spain
"Transfer by your own to the High Speed Railway Station to take the morning High Speed Train to Madrid. Arrival in Madrid. Free time to discover this magnificent city considered as one of the most beautiful in the world. We include an afternoon city tour at 15.00 h (meeting at 14.45 h) in our VPT Terminal at C/ Ferraz 3. The best tour to get acquainted with the city. During approximated 2:30 hours we’ll see the most important buildings avenues and squares to know the monuments and its history from the old Habsburg and Bourbons quarters to the present modern city: Gran Vía Plaza de España University
From EUR165.00

Madrid Full Day Tour by High Speed Train from Valencia
"Transfer by your own to Valencia Railway Station to take the morning High Speed Train to Madrid. In Madrid you will have free time to discover this magnificent city considered as one of the most beautiful in the world. It is included an afternoon city tour at 15.00 h (meeting at 14.45 h) in the terminal. Enjoy visiting this amazing city during 2.30 hour where you will see the most important buildings avenues and squares to know the monuments and its history from the old Habsburg and Bourbons quarters to the present modern city: Gran Vía Plaza de España University Moncloa
From EUR165.00

Nightlife Tips (3)

Chinese Street Masseurs at Plaza de Santa Ana

Like all con merchants and charlatans, these Chinese street masseurs can be found at popular tourist spots in Madrid such as Plaza de Santa Ana and Plaza Mayor.

My wife and I got conned by them.

We were walking around Plaza de Santa Ana one evening and we were approached by a man and wife from Peking who were masseurs. They told us it would be 10 euros each for a massage so we agreed. We even asked them twice about the price to be certain.

We sat down and they started our massages. They started on our head, shoulders and backs, then moved down to our legs. When they start to massage your legs, they reveal a chart which depicts a diagram of the human body with price brackets from head to toe. And guess what? The head starts at 10 euros, shoulders 20 euros, until you get to the feet which is 30+ euros.

Couldn't believe we fell for that one!

The chart should have been shown to us before the massage, but of course they are con merchants out to make money! After the massage we argued with them about the price, but I could see the situation was getting worse and I didn't want to spoil my holiday and upset my wife, so I paid them with a mutual agreement of 50 euros.

To be honest the massage was really good, but I hated the con element of it. I found them to be two-faced: friendly and cheerful when massaging you, then shady and accusing YOU of being wrong when you question the sudden price rise and violation of initial price agreement.

If you come across these people in Plaza de Santa Ana, IGNORE them.
If they approach you, IGNORE them.
If you want a massage, do it.... but be prepared to be scammed.
It is tough to negotiate with these people. Also you need to be careful as you don't know what they are capable of in a physical sense: i.e. put you in hospital with some black belt karate moves.

They are definitely dodgy, so be careful if you come across them and be sure to avoid them at all costs.

Unique Suggestions Be prepared to pay double or treble of the initial agreed massage price.
Don't argue with them (for your own safety).
Just smile and enjoy the massage part... more than the scam part.

adzz
Jan 03, 2010

People Invite to go Nice Bar in Hostel

If you find some people invite to go some "nice bar" or free tickets to some club, be careful because can be tourist trap, sometimes there is no free ticket or bar its terrible.

The guy that invite the people is local not traveller

Unique Suggestions Ask to others people if who is invite its good guy.

Fun Alternatives Sometimes walk in street you can find some simple e good bar to drink and have fun.

LoucoSP's Profile Photo
LoucoSP
Mar 18, 2006

Joy Eslava. I just didnt see...

Joy Eslava. I just didnt see what all the fuss was. I went to this club and i wasnt impressed at all but its advertised like its the best thing going in Madrid. I guess im just used to the italian clubs that have 2-3 floors with 18 different rooms that play different music in every room. I was told when I called Joy they play everything to include Salsa. I got there about 130am and they were playing techno and it was only one big floor with everybody on it. Of course, I was looking for the Salsa at this point because Im truly irritated by techno. I love house but I cant stand techno (those house-lovers know the difference) So i asked the bouncer when was the salsa coming and he said that starts between 230 and 3 am. I could have found a salsa club in less time for all that!

BellaMora's Profile Photo