Nyon General

Best Rated General in Nyon

• Pinat's Profile Photo

UEFA

by Pinat Updated Jul 4, 2009

Favorite thing: During my 15-minute train journey from Geneva to Nyon, I met with two nice Swiss teenager football-players and I learned one of the basic things that should be known of Nyon (according to them at least:) The town is famous for being the headquarters of Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) and the draws for the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Cup are held in Nyon. The boys were really surprised to discover that I didn't know this.

For those who are into football, I also learned that 2009/2010 competition finals will be held in Madrid and Hamburg:)

Here is also the correct place to advertise the Turkish team I support: Galatasaray - won the UEFA cup in 1999/2000 competition:)

Galatasaray & UEFA Cup

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Tourist Information

by mindcrime Written Jan 10, 2016

Favorite thing: Right after my arrival in Nyon I visited the local Tourist Info which is located less than 2 blocks away from the train station at avenue Viollier.

Nyon Region Tourisme has the most important thing a visitor to any town, a free map where all the main attractions are pointed out. Apart from that the map includes a highlighted walking tour which comes very hand if you just want to pass through the main attractions. I think you can complete the rout in less than 2 hours but it took me much more as I had to stop for photos, entering churches and visiting the museums.

more info here:

address: Avenue Viollier 8, Nyon 1260
    tel: +41 223656600

Nyon Region Tourisme

• Worth a detour!

by Vaudois Written Mar 15, 2005

Favorite thing: Nice old town with a pleasant promenade; the castle, the Roman antiquities/remains and the museum about Lac Leman or Lake Geneva

Nyon, 23 Jan 2005
    • Museum Visits
    • Archeology
    • Castles and Palaces

Instant Answers: Nyon

Comments

Nyon General

Reviews and photos of Nyon general posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nyon sightseeing.