More Places to eat in Kiev

The restaurant from outside
    The restaurant interior
    by Ivo_K
    One of the sushi sets we ordered

Most Viewed Restaurants in Kiev

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

Deja Vu: live music

by traveloturc Updated Oct 11, 2015

This is an interesting restaurant/pub.Very interesting atmosphere decoreated with motorcycles,spare parts .good live music which different groups sometimes jazz sometimes pop music .
    Back in 1999 prominent restaurateurs and friends Andrei Zadorozhnyi and Serhei Predko made their dream come true – they opened the unique and only of its type at that time restaurant in Ukraine.
    The idea was simple in its core, but not that easy to implement – creation of a common place for really tasty cuisine, sparkling cocktail bar, best live music and the merriest people of the city. To succeed, great piece of preparatory work preceded the DEJAVU opening. What is interesting, the name widely known now all around the country, didn’t emerge at once. Only when the restaurant was nearly ready to accept the first guests, its owners realized they did indeed create the perfect spot. The space where Freedom, Drive and Success are to stay forever. Their dream became reality! The Legend was born – the DEJAVU musical restaurant.

Favorite Dish: schnitzels

Deja vu

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Restaurant "Three Forks": network "Nasha Karta"

by ArinaT Written Feb 19, 2015

"Three Forks" is a new restaurant of a well-known restaurateur Nikolay Tishchenko (network "Nasha Karta"). The restaurant is situated in the heart of Kyiv - at the intersection of Vladimirska streets and Saksahanskoho, near Shevchenko Park. The restaurant has 3 halls - the main can place 120 guests, the second hall - 60 guests, VIP-hall is for 10 guests. The interior is light and airy, in soft colors, decorated with natural wood and fabric.
    The menu includes exclusive dishes of European, Italian and Pan-Asian cuisine, as well as the best of Japanese, Chinese and Vietnamese cuisine. Due to the own aquarium with fish and seafood (fresh oysters and lobsters, sturgeon, trout and crayfish), open tepan where the Chef prepares the order in front of visitors, Josper, wok and even a special cabinet for Peking duck "Three Forks" can offer to its guests an extensive culinary geography.
    If Michelin inspectors evaluated the Ukrainian restaurants, "Three Forks" would surely receive their stars.
    Cuisine: Pan-Asian, European
    Suggestions: breakfast (from 09:00 till 13:00), Wine List, Tea list, aquarium with live oysters and lobsters, Aquarium with live sturgeon, trout and crayfish, Peking Duck, wet aging meat camera, hookah menu, Free master classes for children
    Hours: 09:00 till 03:00 (until the last guest)
    Room 1 - 120 guests
    Room 2 - 60 guests
    VIP-room - 10 guests

• Luxury Travel
    • Wine Tasting

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Cafe Imbir: Will visit it again for sure!

by Ivo_K Updated Jan 4, 2014

My wife brought me to the so-called cafe 'Imbir' ('Ginger') in Kiev and I was more than pleasantly surprised by this centrally located vegan/vegetarian restaurant serving Vedic food and no alcohol at all (there are only non-alcoholic wines and beer). First to find such a place in a meat-eating and alcohol drinking country like Ukraine is a miracle itself, second - everything from the interesting interior with the shelves full of different books that you can read during your visit of the restaurant, the friendly and kind staff to the very tasty Indian food at affordable prices (their menu is not very long though) is something that will make me visit this venue again! The restaurant works from 8:00 am till 10 pm from Monday till Sunday. The only thing that I didn't like is that I asked for the bill the food and the bar (in this case our ginger tea) were on two different receipts and I had to pay twice with my credit card. Anyway, we left the venue full of positive emotions and taste of ginger in our mouth, I highly recommend it to everyone living in or visiting Kiev!

Favorite Dish: The traditional Indian lentil soup, their ginger tea, their baked bread with cheese, pumpkin seeds and tomato chutney

The restaurant from the outside Their summer terrace/winter garden The venue interior The traditional Indian ventil hot soup Their bread basket

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Yakitoriya: Nothing special...

by Ivo_K Updated Dec 28, 2013

This is a chain of 9 Japanese/sushi restaurants in Kiev and we have visited one of the most centrally located from them - the one at Lesi Ukrainki blvd. in Pechersk - a relatively big restaurant with more than 120 seats (even more during the warm time of the year when they open their summer terrace). We haven't visited this venue for several years, but we had some good and tasty experience there in the past. Unfortunately it turned out that the quality of the ordered sushi as taste and freshness is maximum average and the good service, the affordable prices and the free Wi-Fi access and parking in front of the venue will not be enough to make us return there soon since there are much better Japanese/sushi restaurants in Kiev.

The restaurant from outside The restaurant interior One of the sushi sets we ordered View from our table
    • Singles

• Quanto Costa: A nice new Italian restaurant in Kiev

by Ivo_K Written Dec 25, 2013

This Italian restaurant was opened several months ago in the spring of 2013 (before in the same premises there was a Route 66 bikers' club/restaurant) and is one of the fashionable place to eat these days in Kiev so you better make a reservation if you want to visit it. They claim to have an Italian chief and to offer a home-style democratic Italian cuisine prepared in a typical wood-burning pizza oven and with Italian ingredients. The interior of the venue is really nice, we really liked their soups and desserts, their pizza is nothing extraordinary though, the personnel in general and our waitress in particular was very kind but she wasn't very professional though (passing the dishes from the other part of the table, went to ask someone 3 times when we wanted clarifications on the menu, etc.), the food prices of the venue average for Kiev (the restaurant is part of the 'Kazyrnaya karta' chain so bring your discount card if you have such), there could be an issue with the parking since the parking space in front of the restaurant is quite limited. One more hint - avoid sitting in the winter terrace (the first room when you enter the restaurant) since it's quite cold there during the cold months of the year and though you can get a blanket to cover your shoulders the experience won't be so enjoyable. The restaurant organizes a pizza master class for kids each Sunday from 12:00 till 15:00 - you order and pay the type of pizza you want, your kid is preparing it. so it's fun. There is also live music on Friday/Saturday evenings with a very good female singer. I would recommend this restaurant as a nice place to relax and enjoy some tasty Italian cuisine in Kiev at reasonable price.

Favorite Dish: We really liked their soups - minestrone, the onion soup with parmesan and the cream soup from pumpkin with white mushrooms and truffle oil as well as their panna cotta with berries and raspberry sauce.

The restaurant from outside The cooking corner with the oven The cream soup from pumpkin with white mushrooms The panna cotta with berries and raspberry sauce.
    • Singles

• Pizzeria Boccaccio: One of the good pizza restaurants in Kiev

by Ivo_K Written Nov 28, 2013

This is a very centrally located pizzeria (it it actually a complex since it's a part of 3 outlets - pizzeria, Italian restaurant called again Boccaccio, but having a separate hall and a cafe Parus) with a nice interior and advertising itself as having more than 50 pizza types (actually I have counted max 20!). We liked the interior of the venue and the fact that it was not crowded though we were there on a Saturday evening, the food quality and portions were also fine (we tried also several desserts), but nothing extraordinary, the prices around average or even higher (we were lucky to get a 20% discount promo on all dishes), we had a strange waiter who was trying to be funny all the time, but not actually succeeding in that. We have been told that they have a new menu with black truffles as well as the option for kids to prepare their own pizza in the kitchen of the pizzeria, but we and our kid haven't given a try to both of these. What we didn't like was the fact that it was really cold inside (we told the waiter and he tried to increase the temperature of the air-conditioning, but nothing changed) and the Hoegaarden beer on tap wasn't fresh though we asked our waiter about this in advance. There are enough parking places in front of the restaurant, you can pay there in cash or by most common debit/credit cards - in general it's a good pizzeria which is worth visiting, but don't expect anything extraordinary.

Favorite Dish: The canned tuna with cherry tomatoes salad under mustard dressing and the four season pizza

The interior Part of 'home-like' interior of the pizzeria The salad with tuna under mustard dressing The Caesar salad with shrimps The four seasons pizza
    • Museum Visits

• ainsleigh's Profile Photo

Puzata Hata: Fast and Familiar

by ainsleigh Written Nov 24, 2013

Puzata Hata (Пузата Хата) is a cafeteria-style Ukrainian chain restaurant with locations across Ukraine. We visited the one just off vul Khreshchatyk; it’s apparently one of the biggest and the seating area is spread over several large rooms. Say what you want about the quality of the food- and if you read some reviews, some people are pretty harsh on this place- but it’s cheap, filling, and every table was occupied. There’s a restaurant in my city exactly like this and I’m sure there’s one in yours; the food is cheap, sometimes tasty, not gourmet or consistently good by any means, and sometimes you and your friends just can’t resist.

Ordering is done cafeteria style so you get a tray and there’s a combination of self-serve and order at the counter items. Food spans Ukrainian favourites like varenyky and borshch which I thought were decent and lots of other things like steamed fish and vegetables, some of which were pretty bad. As you might expect the fancier and more difficult the item was to prepare, the worse it was. The good news is it’s quick, cheap, easy, and there really is something here for everyone- the bad news is it definitely won’t be the best whatever you’re eating that you’ve ever had.

Favorite Dish: Varenyky and borshch were the best of the variety of things we tried. Not the best versions of these dishes that you can find, but certainly not the worst.

Puzata Hata

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Sutra restaurant: The best Indian restaurant in Kiev!

by Ivo_K Written Oct 7, 2013

We decided to visit this restaurant for our wedding anniversary after reading some very positive comments online. You don't expect what is waiting for you since the venue is situated on a second floor of a building and the logo with the name of the restaurant is all that is visible from the street. When we started climbing the stairs we saw some lanterns and small statues of Indian gods and elephants, really nice decorations, but again - we weren't prepared for what was waiting us inside. The restaurant turned to be a real pearl - everything is of a really high standard - the delicious food, the high quality service that we received from the very attentive administrator and the Indian waiter (he really helped us in choosing from the long menu), the luxury interior with its marble hand made carved Indian gods, glossy curtains and heavy tables with shiny chairs... Yes, the prices are a little bit higher than average, but absolutely worth the experience! You can pay there with debit/credit card or by cash, there is plenty of space around the building where you can park your car. The restaurant offers discount cards for its regular guests, so if you plan to visit it more often ask for one...

Favorite Dish: The vegetable samosa, the butter chicken, the vegetable pulav, the kadhai vegetables...

The luxury interior Paneer salad Kadhai vegetables Another view at the interior The beautiful table decoration

• Sorrento Ristorante Italiano: Nice Italian restaurant in Podol

by Ivo_K Updated Jul 20, 2013

This is a relatively big restaurant with a nice summer terrace opened in 2012 in Podol - the historical centre of Kiev. It works 7 days a week from 10:30 am till the last customer and offers not a very long menu with a focus on salads, pasta, fish and sea products, pizza (big in size, prepared in a classical oven from Naples) and desserts. The interior of the venue is quite nice - we really like especially the terrace on the street, the staff was very kind and helpful, the food that we ordered in general were also nice, there is plenty of parking place nearby which generally is a big issue for this part of the city. What I found really strange is that the salads are overpriced while for instance the pizza prices were quite normal (in general the prices of the venue are a little bit above average). One of us ordered a Caesar salad (it wasn't in the menu) and they brought something really strange - see my photo below, but in general I would recommend this place as a venue where you could eat some tasty pizza in Kiev.

Favorite Dish: The Caprese salad, the Margherita pizza and the tasty Paulaner non-filtered Weissbier on tap

The entrance Diavola The Margherita The so-called Caesar Salad The tasty dessert

• La Casa del Habano: Nice cigar club & lounge restaurant

by Ivo_K Updated Jul 4, 2013

This is a centrally located (not far away from Klovska metro station) cigar bar and lounge restaurant in Kiev that belongs to the Carte Blanche chain - it has a really chic and classy interior that I immediately liked once I saw it from the outside as well as when I actually entered it. It is not very big in size venue and this also add to its elegance - they have a small summer terrace for 25 people, main hall for up to 40 guest and a wine boutique on a second floor for 10 people. The focus is on cigars (there is a separate cigar boutique with humidor), wine and cocktails though they offer is a short but not bad food menu. You can park your car nearby, their staff is English speaking and kind in general, the prices are above average for Kiev (you can pay in cash or by most common debit/credit cards) but I really like the atmosphere of this venue and I would have recommended this outlet without any doubts if during my last visit there I haven't witnessed two unpleasant for me things - they served us warm Corona beers and the waiter told me that my Carte Blanche discount card is not working for alcohol drinks (first time it ever happens)...

Favorite Dish: Sliced Mozzarella with herb marinated tomatoes

The outlet from the outside The restaurant interior One of their Cuban cocktails Another view at the chic interior
    • Luxury Travel

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Slavutych Shato Brewery: 24-hour-working micro brewery in the city centre!

by Ivo_K Updated Jul 1, 2013

This nice pub with its own microbrewery is a common project of the biggest restaurant chain in Ukraine and the local Carlsberg subsidiary. It's located on a top location at the main street in Kiev, brews 4 types of their own lager and dark beer and works 24 hours which immediately makes it one of the most favourite places to visit for foreigners and guests of the city. The menu offers a good choice of international cuisine with a focus on meat (what I have tried so far was quite tasty, I would recommend to you the marinated beef tenderloin) in a combination with some typical Ukrainian dishes (I was terrified by some strange meals in the menu like smoked and fried pig ears for instance). I love sitting on their summer terrace especially during the weekends when the Kreshatyk street is closed for cars and turns into a pedestrian area. I like the atmosphere of the venue in general, their staff is English speaking and very kind, but what I didn't like is the slow service when you order meals; the other negative thing that I could say about this venue is the above average for Kiev prices for such a type of a pub/restaurant...One other not very positive comment - I checked there at Foursquare and got a message that I will get 20% discount on all meals and drinks but when I asked the waiter/administrator about it I was told that I will get a small beer for free if I leave a positive comment on the venue there...

Favorite Dish: Marinated Beef Tenderloin and their locally brewed Slavutych Bronze dark beer.

The venue from the outside The summer terrace The marinated Beef Tenderloin Their Zurich Steak The Slavutych Silver beer
    • Beer Tasting

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Le Cosmopolite Belgian Beer Cafe: Elegant and cozy!

by Ivo_K Updated Jun 30, 2013

The so-called Le Cosmopolite Belgian beer cafe is actually one very centrally located good restaurant (close to Golden Gate metro station, Hyatt hotel and the Opera) with elegant and cozy relaxed atmosphere and an wooden furniture in Art Nouveau style. It belongs to the Pees Boy Club chain of restaurants (ask for a 10%- discount card if you have a bigger bill to pay) and works from 10 am in the morning till 11 pm in the evenings, only on Friday and Saturday evenings - till 2 a.m. The restaurant has two halls and a summer terrace and offers to its visitors Belgian cuisine as well as some dishes from the European cuisine - according to me they serve the best Viennese schnitzel in Kiev. Since the focus is put on beer (you get some shelled sunflower seeds with each beer you order) you can find there a lot of Belgian beers on tap and in bottles- my favourite Hoegaarden, Chimay, Stella Artois, Leffe, etc. The food is delicious and comes in big portions, staff is very kind and English speaking (there is also an English menu), the prices are average or a little bit above average for Kiev, there is a parking in front, the restaurant offers WI-Fi so I could recommend this venue as one of the very nice restaurants in Kiev.

Favorite Dish: The Viennese schnitzel and the Hoegaarden beer on tap

The main hall The smaller hall next to the summer terrace My fav Hoegaarden with shelled sunflower seeds The veal Viennese Schnitzel
    • Beer Tasting

• Grill do Brasil: A new Brazilian restaurant in Kiev

by Ivo_K Written Apr 17, 2013

This is a newly opened Brazilian restaurant in the central part of Kiev with a very interesting concept for such a place - "all you can eat" for 200 UAH (around 18 EUR) per person, the drinks and desserts are paid separately though - there are several beers on tap, good choice of wines from Chile. There is a big buffet table with different salads and cold and hot starters - you grab a big plate and go there to serve yourself before sitting on a table, waiters are always running around with big skewers with different types of grilled meat, vegetables and even pineapple with cinnamon. They cut the meat right on your table and put it in your plate. The venue is on two floors, the one below is with a big hall for parties/celebrations, wardrobe and toilets, the one on the ground floor is with separate tables which is used for smaller companies. They play Brazilian music and the only not so good thing about this new restaurant is the fact that it's getting very noisy and if you are on a big table you can't communicate very well since you don't hear each other. You could pay by cash or most common types of debit/credit cards. There is parking on the street nearby the restaurant (paid one) or you can try to park in the nearby smaller street (the restaurant is actually situated on the corner of the boulevard and a smaller street). The place is working till midnight, since it is new and very crowded so you better make a reservation to be sure that there will be seats waiting for you.

Favorite Dish: The grilled pork, the grilled pineapple with cinnamon, the mandarin mousse

The restaurant from outside The interior of the main hall The table awaits you! The waiter with the skewer with meat The mandarin mousse

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Shynok Restaurant: Ukrainian cuisine and hospitality!

by Ivo_K Updated Mar 13, 2013

Shynok is an interesting typical Ukrainian as an interior and cuisine restaurant opened in 2007 and situated in the central part of Kiev nearby thePerchersk metro station. The venue works from 11:00 till 00:00, it has several different halls (4 in number - “Khmelnoy”, “Yarmarochniy”, “Svadebniy” and “Svetlitsa” with a total of more than 300 seats) and offers live folk music to its guests in the evening. You are met right at the door with some "nastoyanka" (home-made liquor like vodka) in small glasses, in the same way you are sent home when you are leaving the restaurant. The menu is not very long but you could try most of the famous Ukrainian traditional dishes with a focus on the meat (some of them home-made like the pickles, the pampoushki bread and pastries) plus 18 types of home brewed beer as well as some Ukrainian vodka and local wines (I don't recommend the wines though). The quality of dishes is good, the waiters dressed in folk costumes were kind and patient enough to explain more about the dishes, but one of them didn't hide his disappointment when we left him a tip he probably found not big enough... The prices are more expensive than average but having in mind that the restaurant has its focus mostly on foreigners (I usually visit it only with my foreign colleagues/business partners for instance) and guests of the city is it not surprising to be like that. The payments could be done in cash or most common debit/credit cards, the restaurant belongs to the "Mirovaya karta" set of restaurants so bring your discount card if you have one or ask for one with a 10% before paying your bill. The parking is an issue because of the central location of the restaurant, but you could find some places nearby. The restaurant has also something like a small souvenir shop.

Favorite Dish: Borsch with pampoushka –the trademark of Ukraine, the different home-made types of beer.

The restaurant from the outside The restaurant traditional Ukrainian interior Our waiter preparing a duck for serving One of our soups One of our dishes with pork

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Dikanka: Traditional Ukrainian cuisine!

by Ivo_K Updated Mar 5, 2013

This complex is situated in the suburbs of Kiev (nearby the metro station Darnitsya) and consists of a traditional Ukrainian restaurant called Dikanka and a pub/sport bar called Gogol - it works from lunch time till the last guest. Since I have visited only one hall of the restaurant part my review will cover this venue only. The restaurant consists of several different halls - we have been in the so-called banquet hall tavern (there are also VIP hall, Ekaterinskiy Hall - both of them looking more luxurious, but are not so traditional as interior) . The complex has also a very nice summer garden with bungalows and summer houses with different number of seats in each of them. The interior of the tavern or "korchma" is in a traditional Ukrainian village style, but I was really surprised by the great spreading oak in the middle of the restaurant hall. As the name is supposing you could enjoy there a wide selection of meat and fish cooked in traditional Ukrainian recipes. The guest in the evening are entertained by live music - real Ukrainian music played by a violinist and accordionist and even - bandurist! The prices are average for Kiev, but I would consider them a little bit high for this not so central part of the city. There are free parking places on the street in front of the complex, so this is not an issue. The staff is very kind, reservations are accepted, you could pay there in cash or by the most common debit/credit cards.

Favorite Dish: The roasted pork with white mushrooms, the perch fillet with shrimp and white sauce, the pickles in Ukrainian way

The complex The restautant exterior The tavern interior The tavern interior with the oak

Kiev Hotels

Kiev Hotel
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
Boryspil Airport Hotel

Instant Answers: Kiev

Comments

Kiev Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Kiev locals.
Map of Kiev