Tintagel Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Tintagel

• johngayton's Profile Photo

North Shore Gallery: For Your Slightly More Upmarket Souvenirs

by johngayton Written Dec 11, 2015

The main shopping street in Tintagel is Fore Street which runs through the centre of the village. I got the impression that most of the shops are geared towards the summer coach parties and whilst I'm sure some of them offer some tasteful stuff most of what I noted seemed to be Arthurian-orientated tourist pap. Admittedly it was November and there wasn't a lot open to make any considered judgement.

This one though, the North Coast Gallery, did catch my eye. It specialises in photographic prints of local scenes by local photographers and even though also aimed at the tourist it did at least have some eye-catching work on display.

What to pay: Checking out the website it seems that prints begin at £25, framed prints from £65 and canvases from £30.

Address: Fore Street

Website: http://www.northshoregallery.co.uk/

• Luxury Travel
    • Photography

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Elodie_Caroline's Profile Photo

Souvenirs galore!

by Elodie_Caroline Written Feb 24, 2008

This place may be very small, but it is absolutely choc-a-bloc with gift shops and souvenirs. The shops all sell merchandise which is related to King Arthur and his legend: books, ornaments, swords, carvings of the round table etc.
    Chris bought me this tiny ornamental sword, as it's what I wanted. It is very small but perfectly formed. I happen to like tiny things anyway.

There was also a pasty shop next to the café that I had my coffee in. We didn't actually try the pasties, but they looked very nice and some of them were massive! You could stand and watch the pasties being made, through the windows of the shop, another little touristic trick I suppose.

My little Excalibur sword
    • Luxury Travel

Add to your Trip Planner

Instant Answers: Tintagel

Comments

Tintagel Shopping

Reviews and photos of Tintagel shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tintagel sightseeing.