map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Jack the Ripper Walking Tour of London’s East End
"Meet your guide in Aldgate (east London) and then set off on your walking tour of Whitechapel. Now a cosmopolitan area full of curry houses and markets the neighborhood was once the stomping ground of London’s most fearsome serial killer – Jack the Ripper.Never identified the 19th-century killer struck at least five different times in the eerie streets of Whitechapel selecting local prostitutes as his victims. Hear stories about the prime suspects and the theories surrounding their involvement as you explore the darkened streets and East End pubs that are linked to them.As well as hearing about the suspects learn about the victims like Mary Jane Kelly and Elizabeth Strides
From GBP10.00

Private Tour: Alternative and Eclectic East London Walking Tour with a Local Guide
"Start your day by meeting at the Spitalfields Market at noon. Wander the mix of retail stores and restaurants until you meet your guide at 1pm. After meeting your guide stop for coffee at cafe known to locals as having the best coffee in town. Here your guide will take the time to get to know you including where you would like to stop and visit. Come 1:30pm head to Brick Lane the most visited narrow land in East London. It is home to traditional Indian food
From GBP120.00

Independent London Markets Tour with Private Driver
"London’s vibrant markets originated in the Middle Ages when street sellers pedaled no-nonsense food to London’s city workers. Proving ever popular the markets you’ll find today are scattered all over the capital and sell everything from artsy antiques to vintage clothing to cutting-edge fashion accessories.With so much to choose from scouting out the best markets can be difficult and take up too much of your valuable time. Luckily you’ll have a knowledgeable private driver to give you the best insider tips and drive you to the markets that you simply can’t miss!After picking you up from your hotel your driver will chat with you about suggested markets and then you’ll be on your way. Your exact itinerary is flexible
From GBP56.00

Canteen Tips (2)

Canteen: Great British Food Indeed

The concierge recommended Canteen when we asked for a restaurant near the London Eye. It took us a few minutes to find It, but it was well worth getting there. It was quite busy when we arrived and we decided to wait at the bar. We were served quickly and by pleasant staff.
It truly felt like English pub food updated, and I felt that the prices were in line for the quality food.

Favorite Dish Lots of choices on the menu. My cousin picked the pie of the day - pork something or other. I had the sirloin of beef with Yorkshire pudding and it was great. Nicely cooked - not mushy - carrots, and greens. Delicious! For dessert she had the apple crumble with custard and I had the bread pudding which was yummy and not overly sweet.

CdnJane's Profile Photo
CdnJane
Jul 02, 2013

CANTEEN: The best ??? Canteen

According to Good Food Guide London "restaurant of the year", Tatler's..Canteen is selected amongst the best one-offs and best for the British Food London eating..in top three British Restaurant List....and I wanted also see Sir Norman Foster's Spitalfields Market and therefore definitely Canteen..because of I was looking and expecting different,lovely atmosphere,grilled medium rare ripeye steak with french fries..BUT..definitely a big big disappointment !!!
My steak had absolutely no taste,difficult to cut and chew,small and avarage..for side some green leaves,coke was full of ice and with lemon slices which I don't like..french fries was tender,salty,tasty..thanks God:)
I went there with my brother,first we visited the "Dirty Dicks"(therefore we didn't have beer or wine) ,and we're very very hungry but there wasn't no available table for awhile,hostess told me,you should wait for a half hour,but I am Turkish,I can wait:),I show her my charming,I'm coming from Istanbul,no time,bla bla bla.. and she'd find a place for us but it is long table..anyway no argue with her,we really didn't have a time..I felt myself,I'm student,four couples next to us..it is long table!!!but thanks God,they didn't know Turkish language.
Service wasn't need to say slow,because it was peak hours(1.30pm).Inside of restaurant was very noisy,I didn't want to stay more..
I'm very sorry that couldn't keep Miss Sarah's(LONDONBABE) advise,she recommended me,go to Whits in Kensington.
Maybe I had high expectation,and I do not want to say don't go or go for it..you are free..
12,5% service charge!!!!my goddness!!! it's yummy turnover for the stuff:)
I visited the gents toilets to wash my hand but there was only one..and I waited,waited,waited..
monday to friday 8am-11pm