Map &

Rate it
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Full-Day Tower of London and Westminster Abbey Tour with Optional Afternoon Tea or London Eye
"Tower of LondonAfter a warm welcome from one of the Tower's Beefeaters experience one of the most iconic buildings in London. The Tower of London has always played a prominent role in British History at its heart is the White Tower built to strike fear and submission into the citizens of London. Explore all four floors including the Royal Armouries Collection.Enjoy the spectacular display of the Crown Jewels revealing these priceless treasures like never before. The Crown Jewels are part of the Royal Collection and are still used regularly by the Queen; they include some of the most extraordinary diamonds in the world.Panoramic TourEnjoy a panora time for lunch then we explore the area known as the 'South Bank' home to the Tate Modern Art Museum
From GBP129.00

Afternoon Tea at The Rubens at the Palace Hotel in London
"There is no better place to enjoy this traditional English occasion than sitting back in our Palace Lounge overlooking the Royal Mews of Buckingham Palace. The pastry kitchen at The Rubens is led by our talented Head Pastry Chef Danielle producing the freshest pastries and cakes for our guests to enjoy. With a reputation as one of the best in London we pay respect to the traditional of Afternoon Tea whilst incorporating fresh twists along the way. Dietary requirements are also catered for. Enjoy a Traditional Afternoon Tea featuring a selection of mouthwatering finger sandwiches and delicious freshly baked scones selected pastries and a choice of milkshake hot chocolate
From GBP32.00

Afternoon Tea at The Milestone Hotel in London
"Afternoon Tea is a quintessentially English tradition and is upheld in its finest form here at The Milestone. It is a treat in more ways than one - a delicious array of delicate finger sandwiches is accompanied by warm freshly baked scones served with as well as a selection of pastries including tartlets cupcakes and macaroons. Accompanied by a vast tea menu including a selection of exclusive single estate teas enjoy tea at your leisure in fine surroundings and experience the superior service for which The Milestone is renowned. Also take the opportunity to discover the rich history of The Milestone Hotel extending back to 1689 and once home to Ambassadors and Barons. The traditional Afternoon Tea is the perfect balance of sweet and savoury and features three tiers of sandwiches French pastries and fruit and plain scones. The finger sandwiches include Smoked Scottish salmon and cream cheese freerange egg mayonnaise and Hampshire watercress
From GBP40.00

The Orangery Tips (10)

Kensington Palace - The Orangery: lunch or afternoon tea with a lovely view

The Orangery at Kensington Palace is a lovely place for lunch, or afternoon tea. Not a huge menu but a reasonable choice. You do not have to purchase a Kensington Palace ticket to access the gardens or Orangery.

download a current menu on the website: www.hrp.org.uk/KensingtonPalace/CafesAndRestaurants.aspx

henry14's Profile Photo
henry14
Jan 13, 2010

Orangery: Lovely views

Restaurant located in Kensington Gardens with nice views of the park. Went for lunch and had a salad and tart. The food was good but the service was very slow. If you have an afternoon to relax, this is a very nice restaurant.

girdlebug's Profile Photo
girdlebug
Dec 27, 2009

The Orangerie: Elegance in Hyde Park

In Hyde Park, well, in the Kensington Gardens part of Hyde Park, next to Kensington Palace is The Orangerie. It was built in 1704 as a kind of greenhouse. Now is is a kind of tea room, where you can sit under the high plastered ceilings, lit by sun beaming in the tall windows in a 300 year old building and have tea, coffee, a light lunch and a fabulous dessert!

Favorite Dish We decided to splurge on the Grand Tea which includes a glass of champagne to celebrate the beginning of our trip. Included were a little finger sandwich, raisin scone with fruit syrup and clotted cream and a piece of Belgian chocolate cake! How could one resist! I managed most of it though couldn't eat all the icing on the cake as it was way too rich on top of the clotted cream. So a little more expensive than your average high tea in a cafe but not as expensive as a High tea in the Ritz Hotel.

The second time i went there, my mom and i had scones. I ordered two because i thought they would be the usual size. DON'T! They're huge!!!! I had to take the second one back to the hotel for a night snack.

tvor's Profile Photo
tvor
Jun 05, 2009

The Orangery Restaurant at Kensington Palace: Enjoy a Royal Breakfast

This is a rare combination of a truly stunning location and great food at reasonable prices. Fabulous al fresco seating when the weather is nice, but the interior is equally stunning. Range of high quality teatime delights. Give yourself this treat after walking around in Hyde Park & Kensington gardens. Far superior choice to the self service restaurant in St. James park at the other end of the gardens alignment.

Wheelchair accessible.

1 Silicon Way, Corsham Street, N1 6DR
43-81 Greenwich High Road, SE10 8JL
77 Uxbridge Road, W5 5ST
1 Eastern Gateway, E16 1FR

The Orangerie at Kensington Palace: Tea!

This was one of my favorite experiences in London, and a must do for any visitor! The orangerie is a sophisticated, but not over the top tea room in Kensington Gardens. You can take tea and a variety of incredible pastries and tarts, or go for the full tea service with sandwiches and scones with clotted cream. All the cakes and pastries are piled on a table as you walk in which truly is a sight to behold. It wasn't too expensive, and the menu is versatile enough to stretch to meet any budget. The dress code wasn't really enforced, and we were dressed very casually, but it would be a fun place to go dressed up. You can sit outside, though the high ceilings and white white white decor inside make for a tea-time more in keeping with what I always imagined it to be. They also have iced tea for hot weather, so go any time! Highly recommended. Appropriate for children, as well, as long as they're relatively well-behaved.

Favorite Dish I had a strawberry tart with lavender cream that was very good, as well as some good old fashioned English Breakfast tea. Delicious!

jhoolko's Profile Photo
jhoolko
Aug 22, 2007

The Orangery: Afternoon tea

I always have afternoon tea on my list of things to do in London and somehow I always just don't find the time but since I had spent the day walking in Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens I figured it was a good opportunity to try one of the places I had seen recommended. Unfortunately everyone seems to know about their tea and there are no reservations accepted so the first time I passed by, right when they started tea at 3 pm, there was a sizable queue and I figured since they had just opened it would be awhile until they turned the tables so I did some more walking and came back around 5:30 pm, shortly before closing. There was still a queue but it went fairly quickly and I was seated at one of the indoor tables since none of the outdoor tables were free. The setting of the Orangery is lovely, it's in a long pavilion built in 1704 by Queen Anne I assume as an orangery.

Favorite Dish A nice feature of the Orangery is that you can go a la carte or have full afternoon tea, since I was by myself, I passed on the full afternoon tea and ordered a lemon ginger tea (L1.50) and assortment of tea cakes. The tea cakes (L3.95) didn't really excite me but some of the other selections looked quite good and I think this would be a lovely place to have afternoon tea if I was traveling with someone else.

Dabs's Profile Photo
Dabs
Jun 10, 2007

The Orangery: Have Tea in Kensington Gardens

The Orangery is located in Kensington Gardens, so, if it is a nice day, it's a great place to sit outside and have some tea or coffee if you need sustenance to help you keep strolling. The food and coffee is, in itself, not the main attraction, although it is still very good. It's the location that is so pleasant. They have several different choices as far as tea/coffee and something sweet to go with it. I believe the building itself was part of the Palace, with Corinthian columns and a beautiful, airy feeling, and it is located just to the back of the Palace itself.

Favorite Dish I just had tea and a scone, but it was the sunshine and light breeze on the patio that made the moment.

nikkidish
May 06, 2007

Orangery at Kensington Palace: Afternoon Tea at the Orangery

The Orangery at Kensington Palace is literally that - a greenhouse converted into a tea house. Located behind the palace, the Orangery serves a charming afternoon tea complete with your choice of tea flavor, scones with jam and clotted cream, finger sandwiches and cake for about 20 pounds, including service charge. The atmosphere and service are wonderful.

cruisingbug's Profile Photo
cruisingbug
Feb 14, 2005
sue_stone's Profile Photo

sue_stone

"My Current Home"

Mariajoy

"Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
Regina1965's Profile Photo

Regina1965

"LONDON"
sourbugger's Profile Photo

sourbugger

"Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
toonsarah's Profile Photo

toonsarah

"Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."

The Orangery Kensington Gardens: A pleasant lunch or tea stop

Salads, sandwiches, tea and cakes. Lovely airy white table cloth atomsphere. Because there are no steps in/out you will find many tables of smart mothers with strollers but their babes and toddlers are not too distracting.

Favorite Dish The orange cake, yum, yum!!

KittyLou's Profile Photo
KittyLou
Feb 12, 2004

The Orangery restaurant: The Orangery restaurant

When the weather is fine, sit outside on the terrace and enjoy the view of the palace and its elegant gardens.

Favorite Dish Mike and I had tea here at the Orangery.

windoweb's Profile Photo
windoweb
Jun 02, 2008

Things to Do Near The Orangery

The Charterhouse

On a tour you don’t get to go everywhere around the gardens but you do get to go in the Charterhouse Square where you can see the sundial and the coat of arms high on the wall and from there we have...

One New Change

The shopping mall One New Change has a public roof terrace on the 6th floor and it can be visited for free. The terrace offers panoramic views towards St. Pauls Cathedral and the southern side of the...

West Norwood Cemetery & Crematorium

If you get an opportunity visit a graveyard in London,they are well kept and a window to the past history in any country,you may find statues,flowers and many other interesting things and writings...

St. Katharine Docks

Ever since Roman times, this area has been a center of trade on the River Thames. In the 10th century, King Edgar gave 13 acres on this site to knights, to conduct trade of their own. During the 18th...

Whitecross Street Market

I love outdoor markets! I come from Iceland where it is impossible to have outdoor markets so these markets are so exotic to me and I seek them out where ever I go :) There is a market in Whitecross...

Household Cavalry Museum

I've never been big on military museums or anything of the kind, really, so I was very pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the Household Cavalry Museum. In a nutshell the Household Cavalry...

Getting to The Orangery

Address

Kensington Gardens

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map