Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

London Old City Bike Tour
"Starting from Waterloo the tour discover hidden back streets old shipping docks an ancient Roman wall Harry Potter film locations  and much more! Along the way we stop for a pint of traditional ale in the oldest Thames riverside pub in London. Hear tales of sailors and smugglers from your guide and see the noose where pirates met a grizzly end! After a refreshing drink over iconic Tower Bridge past the Tower and then through the sights
From GBP28.00

"London Landmarks
London Landmarks Bike Tour - with Local Guides - Historic Ale Pub and British Bicycles"Get ready for an entertaining small group guided bike tour of London and discover London like you have never seen it before. Riding a classic English Pashley bicycle you will cycle along the quiet back streets of Westminster and Royal London with frequent stops to soak up the atmosph or a visitor to London you will find the London Landmarks Bike tour informative and fun with amazing facts and stories from your local native English speaking guides that will give you a fresh perspective on the city.You can discover all London has to offer on the Landmarks Bike Tour. The tour begins with meeting your guide and selecting your beautiful handbuilt British Pashley bicycles. Start by exploring th cycling along the river Thames
From GBP25.00

"London Bike Tour - East
"London is a city of stunning contrasts. Her rich past is well preserved while her modern face shows how architecture trade and culture have evolved in their own unique settings. For those trying to discover London on their own or hoping to glimpse her from bus or coach many of her secrets will remain a mystery.The London Bike Tour is a much more exciting way of exploring the city. You will be provided with a bike and guide and escorted on a tour though the cycle routes
From GBP24.00

Harrods Tips (132)

Harrods: Harrods

Harrods is a huge and very famous department store in the Knighstbridge area of London. I can remember going here as a child and my parents buying me a small toy just so we could get the coveted Harrods green bag with the gold name!
It has everything from designer clothes and toys to an AMAZING food hall. It is as much a tourist attraction as a shop though.

What to pay Probably quite a lot for most things! Not the place to shop if you are on a budget

hevbell's Profile Photo
hevbell
Sep 18, 2016

Harrods: Classical

Travelling with women, three "monuments" are mandatory in London - Oxford street, Marks and Spencer and Harrods.
I visited all of them (of course!) but my favorite is this one - beautiful, with nice collections, but... expensive, shortening the time (and cost) of the visit.
Very good, indeed!

solopes's Profile Photo
solopes
Mar 21, 2016

Harrods: The Most Luxe Department Store in London

Who never heard about Harrod's? This Large Department store is purpotedly the Largest Department Store in Europe with a total retail area of 90,000 Square Meters and is divided into 330 departments selling anything from Perfumes, Fashion, Leather Goods, Luxe Foods and a lot more and at Outrageous Prices to boot. You would harly find local British People Shopping here as the market of Harrod's are the upscale Tourists and a few Rich Locals who savor the Luxe Life.

Harrod's was founded in 1825 albeit in a different location in Southwark and they moved into Bromptom Road in 1851. Thos Iconic Institution was formerly owned by Billionaire Mohamed Al-Fayed and was sold in 2010 to the Quatar Government, which currently owns it. At Present this seven story building is one of the main attractions going to London for most people (but mainly to window shop) and some of the Outlets inside are attractions in their own right like the Food Hall and the Princess Diana-Dodi Fayed Memorial. If you actually willing to shop here, then prepare to lose an arm and a leg.

Opens:

Monday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm

Tuesday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm

Wednesday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm

Thursday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm

Friday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm

Saturday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm

Sunday 11:30 am – 6:00 pm

What to buy all the items that they sell here are all Branded, either made by Harrod's own house brand or by famous International Brands such as Louis Vuitton, Hermes', YSL, Gucci, Hugo Boss, Giorgio Armani, Versace and a lot more fashion brands and fashion houses are represented here and don't forget the luxe foods galore in the Food Hall which are excellent and with prices through the roof.

What to pay maxxed out your platinum credit card

machomikemd's Profile Photo
machomikemd
Jul 24, 2015

Harrods Food Hall: The Food Hall of Harrod's

This will be my tips and pictures on the Harrod's Food Hall which is an attraction it itself. I will have a separate tip for the Harrod's Department Store.

Food Hall is different from a food court wherein a food court is the section in a mall where fast food outlets and restaurants are located while a food hall is where the food section with restaurant and food outlets are located in a department store. Harrod's food hall is an attraction in itself and is located in the middle section of the Ground Floor of the Department store of which many people, mostly tourists like us go and take a look and even eat at the place. Harrod's Food Hall has both In house (like Harrod's Oyster Bar, Tapas Bar, Seafood Bar, Steakhouse, etc) and International Franchise Restaurants in it and there are several section where you can buy assorted food items like fresh cuts of meat from around the world, fresh seafood items again from around the world, assorted candies and confectionaries like the french macaroon Laduree Brand, assorted Cakes and a lot more. Tho motif here is Victorian and the design is luxe and the prices are sky high.

Opens: 10:00 am to 9:00 pm everyday

What to buy you can buy practically anything found around the world here from fresh seafoods, sushi, assorted cuts of meat and poultry (american angus beef, australian wagyu, japanese kobe beef, scottish beef, etc), different kinds of caviar and a lot more and with sky high prices (hey this is a luxe store after all)

What to pay an arm and a leg

machomikemd's Profile Photo

1 Addington St, London, SE1 7RY, United Kingdom
118-120 Westminster Bridge Road, SE1 7RW
5 Chicheley Street, London, SE1 7PJ, United Kingdom
Hotels
Belvedere Road, (formerly known as "Travel Inn"), London, SE1 7PB, United Kingdom
The County Hall, , London SE1 7PB

Harrods: this store isn't for everyone !!!

Known as one of the world's premier store for high end items ….Harrods is a store that isn't for everyone … pricey isn't the word here …. it's out of control prices !!!!!

It is fun to walk in and just browse though … the bottom floors have the food sections and fine wines and places to eat … I always enjoy walking around and seeing 20,000 pound bottle of wines and liquors !!!!!

If your in Knightbridge and have some time walk in and browse .. well worth it ...

jlanza29's Profile Photo
jlanza29
Oct 15, 2014

Harrods: One of the oldest & largest department stores!

Harrods is the largest department store in Europe, and their motto is "Omnia Omnibus Ubique" or "All Things for All People, Everywhere." I'd heard that it was just a place for tourists, but we wanted to visit anyways, and it really is impressive.

We got there a little early, or before it opened, so we decided to walk around and look at the window displays, which when we went were mostly Great Gatsby or 1920's-themed, which was definitely cool to see. It was also a bit of a walk around it since the store is so big!

We checked out the Food Halls and went on the Egyptian Escalator, then did a little bit of clothes and jewelry window-shopping. We also found a gift store with tons of Harrods souvenirs, from little bears to the iconic green bags that we saw a few people carrying around London. Almost everything there was too expensive for us to buy, but we all got some very delicious cupcakes so we could say we had "shopped" at Harrods.

What to buy Anything you can think of--they probably have it! I would definitely check out the Food Halls, and I can say firsthand that the cupcakes are worth the $5 USD they cost. :)

What to pay A lot! It's quite an upscale department store.

xoxoxenophile's Profile Photo
xoxoxenophile
Nov 20, 2013

Department stores: Harrod's

Touted as the best and largest store in the world, Harrod's isn’t your basic department store. It is quite overpriced, and overcrowded no matter when you visit. Its more of a tourist attraction in itself and deserves a few hours of perusing. My favorite departments are the food courts, the beauty and accessory department, the pet shop and the travel departments as well as the Arcade with its signature teddies, bags, and other great items.

I always make it a point to stop by and pick up a few things especially some of their signature bags which I love to give as presents (I have a few myself). Their food courts are amazing, just browsing their different departments of delicious goodies like their seafood department or their cheese department.

I love browsing their accessories department as I have found some really unique although pricey costume jewelry.

What to buy During my most recent trip I purchased a few of the signature bags for some friends, Harrod’s teddy for my grandson and some Harrod’s Tea for a co-worker.

What to pay Expensive

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
Gypsystravels
Aug 01, 2013

Harrods: THE EGYPTIAN ROOM OF HARRODS

The Egyptian Room of Harrod's is another which should not be missed. It has a scaled-down Sphinx and Rosetta Stone replica. It's a wonderful experience riding the Egyptian Escalator located in the centre of the store. I just rode it to see what there was to see, and this was the story of the Valley of the Kings.
Very well done!

balhannah's Profile Photo
balhannah
Sep 08, 2012
sue_stone's Profile Photo

sue_stone

"My Current Home"

Mariajoy

"Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
Regina1965's Profile Photo

Regina1965

"LONDON"
sourbugger's Profile Photo

sourbugger

"Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
toonsarah's Profile Photo

toonsarah

"Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."

Harrods: THE FOOD HALL

I just had to go to Harrods, not really to buy anything, but to see the Store I had heard so much about.
I had been told by another VT'er, to visit the food hall, which is what I did. Well, I have never seen such a wonderful food hall, it was amazing! We were there on opening time, so the staff were still busy doing finishing touches to their departments. They looked lovely in their crisp uniforms, including a Boater hat.
I couldn't get over the decorations, do make sure you have a look at the ceiling and the lights, just wonderful!
I would say its a MUST SEE

balhannah's Profile Photo
balhannah
Sep 07, 2012

Harrods: I can't help writing about Harrods!!!

Well, I'm certainly aware that I'm not the first person to write a tip on Harrods but I can't help it. It's just way too much fun. I mean the food halls alone are reason to go! Interestingly I didn't run into a single English salesperson which is kind of bizarre when you think about it. Anyway, I just couldn't get enough of this store--fun and alive and...OK, I have one complaint. That "tribute" to Dodi and Diana is the tackiest thing I've ever seen in my life. It makes them look like a Vegas comedy team or lion tamers or something. And it's cheap looking--like a plastic wedding cake top. The fact that it's situated in that monstrosity known as "The Egyptian Escalator" doesn't do it any favors, either. That aside, it's still a lovely, wonderful, fun place!

What to buy Food, food, and more food.

What to pay The food isn't cheap but it's all pretty much worth it.

Paris92's Profile Photo
Paris92
Aug 23, 2011

Department stores: Harrod's

Last visit July 2011

Harrod's is the most famous department store in the world, even on my first journey to London back in 1988 I had heard of it and made a point to stop by just to look as I certainly couldn't afford to shop there back then!

I didn't make it back to Harrod's until 2005, I'm not much of a shopper and even less so when I get hit with abysmal exchange rates. But we had some time to kill before dinner on our first day in London and we were in the vicinity so we popped in. I imagine I was impressed on my first visit, my first time out of North America, but on my 2nd visit I think amused was a better word. Gaudy doesn't begin to describe the elaborate Egyptian themed interior, ride the escalators up for the full effect. And I was pretty much speechless after seeing the tacky display devoted to Di and Dodi, the wine glass they sipped from the night of their deaths and the engagement ring.

The connection to Di and Dodi, of course, is that the current owner of Harrod's, is Dodi's father. But there was a man named Charles Harrod back when the department store was founded in 1834, he moved the store to the current site in Knightsbridge in 1849.

But oh, was I impressed by the food hall, even if you don't intend to buy anything, go take a look, it's just a heavenly place to be! And I dare you not to come out with anything in hand, for me it was a very small sampling of Neuhaus Belgian chocolates.

What to buy Well, I had to buy something from Harrod's to get one of those distinctive green bags with Harrod's written on it, didn't I? So I bought a couple of cute Christmas ornaments, bears with Harrod's written on their feet, and Harrod's stuffed bears for a couple of my friends that just had babies. If the pounds had been dollars the amount would have been palatable so I just ignored the exchange rate and didn't look to see what my extravagance cost me when I got home.

What to pay A lot!

Dabs's Profile Photo
Dabs
Jul 24, 2011

Harrod's: Amazing Food Hall!

Harrod's was started in 1849 by Henry Charles Harrod, although the present building was opened in 1905. It is one of the world's largest and most famous department stores with a reputation for quality and service, but it seems to be the service that sets it apart. There is a gift concierge to help you find the perfect gift, experts to help you with your finances, your wedding, and in every department of the store. You can even hire your own private shopper. It's said that if you can't find it at Harrod's they will find it for you.

Children (and some adults too) will love the huge toy department. The beautifully tiled food halls are amazing and you can find just about anything here. There are no less than 8 places to eat (including a Krispy Kreme donuts) from a pizzeria to a pub to a rotisserie.

Even if you don't buy anything, it's still worth a visit. The store's January sales are a big event so be ready to shop then.

If you're at Kesington Palace/Gardens, it's an easy walk to Harrod's.

Opening hours (including Bank Holidays):

Donna_in_India
Jun 03, 2011

Things to Do Near London

Lambeth Bridge

If you want to take pictures with Panoramic Views of Big Ben and Parliament and even side views of the famous London Eye, the best views are not from Westminister Bridge but from the Lambeth Bridge...

London Duck Tours

I didn´t do this becaus lack of time and I didn´t know it existed untill it was to late. I looked at the website and it sure looks cool to take a ride with this boat thing. For more information look...

County Hall

The rather grand looking County Hall on the south bank of the Thames, used to be the home of the Greater London Council but this is now based in the shiny new City Hall further along the Thames. Now...

Coca-Cola London Eye

The London Eye was built for the Millenium. Its like a big ferris wheel but the carriages are more like cable cars and hold up to 25 people at a time. It takes about half an hour to make a full...

Big Ben

Big Ben is the nickname of the thirteen-ton Great Bell of Westminster and was named after the first commissioner of works, Sir Benjamin Hall. The tower officially known as Elizabeth Tower, renamed to...

Lambeth Palace

On the south bank of the Thames next to Lambeth Bridge this medieval complex of buildings has been home to the Archbishops of Canterbury, the most senior bishop of the Church of England, for over 800...

Getting to London

Address

87–135 Brompton Road

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Shopping. Help us improve our info!

Map