Madame Tussauds London, London

• Madame Tussauds London
    making a waxwork of hand

• Madame Tussauds

by KDevona Written Oct 16, 2015

I was a little disappointed about the numbers of Statues. There were many celebrities missing. But I loved the tour in an automatic vehicle at the end which showed us the cultural history of London. It's quiet expensive. I wouldn't go again, but it's a nice attraction for for Families with children.

Tip

• The manager brought shame

by Sakshi2924 Written Aug 3, 2015

This is a tourist place. The kind of rating that is given to Madam Tousard is not worth wasting hard earned money most of the statues look like plastic and nothing in real to how the celebrities looked like,it's a waste of £100 pounds on 2 August 2015 which I invested in total on ***ty 3 tickets. As a group we bought15 tickets online for London I and madam tousard. We had lost 1ticket from the group as we had kids with us on that group. We reached the place and spoke to the manager about the same and our entire group had entered except my husband and me due to 1 ticket. The manager was extremely rude I am not talking about religion,cast or creed but his description is that he is black in colour and bald. He asked us to buy tickets again which was OK but after sharing that the queue was very long and we had already waited in the line for so long just to buy 1ticket and if he could either get us 1 ticket as we had a bus to catch back for Manchester in 1 n half hour and the people with us in the group are already inside, so if he could help us in some manner. His reply was astonishing " I am fair to all and I can't make any exception and it was your fault you lost the ticket " people like these are shame to humanity and tourism will always be impacted. I would never like to promote or would ever take any of my employees, relatives and kids to Madam Tousard ever because if people like him are the face of madam tousard and represent that place with insensitive behaviour to tourist then it is a complete shame . This place is earning because tourist exist if tourist stop coming this would just be history. This was the worst experience of London trip I had. All the other people be it walking on the road or residents all were polite and helped us if we asked directions but this manager who work there spoiled the entire trip of mine and will always be remembered in my bad memory. I would never invest again and will spread a strong bad mouth about that manager and madam tousard.

• A little disappointing quality

by Katrijnnnn Written Feb 12, 2015

Last year I went to Madam Tussauds in London on 15th April 2014
    And I have to say, it was really expensive for just the things you see…
    I saw the price but I thought: ‘it’s definitely worth it! Well… I’m a little disappointed about the visit.

Let me explain: It takes a long time before we could enter... And sometimes I thought the wax-sculptures would look very realistic and in a real life size. But actually… They were a little small and sometimes the skin was a little too tanned. If they weren’t that tanned and small, you could say to your friends ‘Oh look! I met (par example) Leonardo DiCaprio on a premiere!’. But the sculptures were too fake, so your friends would know that you’re lying or joking.

But there was something else what bothered me. The long time for a ‘professional picture’ that you can paste on a souvenir like an iPhone-case or a pencil-case, or a T-shirt,… The price… Oh my God! That was just awful! My friends took a pic with One Direction. 25 pounds for a stupid iPhone-case?! You don’t even pay so much if you are on a photo with the real One Direction.

I’m still thinking: ‘what would I’ve picked if Madame Tussauds wasn’t an option?’. Well… I can’t remember the other options… But I’m not sure, they were good… But I don’t see it as a spilled afternoon. It’s something I will remember for the next time I’ll visit a big city. Because it’s everywhere the same. You can compare it with the Primark, that pretty famous Irish store. Everywhere in every big city from every country you’ll find it. But it’s in each store even busy and exact the same.

Tip Tip Tip

• elpolloviajero's Profile Photo

by elpolloviajero Written Jan 23, 2015

Realmente impresionante todas las figuras de cera que existen en el museo, ademas te puedes tomar foto con la familia Real, hay que comprar el boleto con anticipacion porque la entrada es con horarios especificos, y ademas hay que llegar temprano para hacer fila y poder entrar. El museo se recorre de arriba hacia abajo pasando por actores de Hollywood, figuras politicas, artistas de la musica, etc.

Ademas se pueden comprar boletos en paquete de varias atracciones ya que vale la pena porque se obtiene un mejor precio. En nuestro caso tomamos el Museo, el London Eye y el Crucero por el Tamesis.

Al final como en todos lados, hay tienda de recuerdos donde hay muchas cosas que comprar. Ademas tambien hay una sala de cine.

The Beatles

• solopes's Profile Photo

Easy fun

by solopes Updated Sep 30, 2014

With kids, it had to be seen, but we found nothing new in the known quality of those wax figures reproducing famous persons. And everybody taking pictures with one of their idols.

The less noticed point is the imagination of some common figures that allow a slightly different amusement.

Like that gentleman interested in a child’s Portuguese story, or the lady that felt asleep in the middle of it.

Website: http://www.madame-tussauds.com

Did the old guy understand Portuguese? Who was the first to sleep? London - United Kingdom

• Worth it with National Rail's 2 for 1

by jimmysheva Written Apr 21, 2014

It's expensive but if you're a party of 2 and have travel cards from National Rail, you can get 2 for 1 tickets which makes it worthwhile. While it's overpriced, it's not overrated. It's a lot of fun in there. Holiday is supposed to be fun so don't be bogged down by art museums and history and all educational stuff.

• sparkieplug24's Profile Photo

madam tussauds

by sparkieplug24 Written Dec 17, 2013

Great place to visit to see all the waxworks of famous people. There is the london cab ride as well and chamber of horrors and scream (age 12+) there is also the marvel experience with its 4d cinema experience. You can even make your own waxwork of your hand

The queues for madam tussauds can be long and it can be very busy inside paticularly in the first room. I advise buying your tickets in advance for this. you can buy a combi ticket for other london attactions.

making a waxwork of hand

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo

MADAME TUSSAUDS

by GrantBoone Updated Oct 12, 2012

Elliots 7th birthday treat !

Situated on the corner of Baker Street and Marylebone Rd , Madame Tussaud is one of Londons most visited attractions. Always busy , its a good idea to book tickets in advance. This year ( 2012 ) they have a Marvel Super Heroes exhibition with 4d movie .( Great for 7 year olds!!)

Website: http://www.madame-tussauds.com

Elliot not  impressed with our Prime Minister!

• davidjo's Profile Photo

IS IT WORTH IT?

by davidjo Written Apr 5, 2012

By the time you obtain the expensive tickets which are £30 and £25 for adult and children respectively and queue for ages to get in, i think it is way overpriced for what you see. If you book on line in advance there is around £3 discount---wow, what a deal. Give this a miss, particularly if you are a family of four. Think what else you can do with your £100!

• egonwegh's Profile Photo

Visit Madam Tussaud's, wax...

by egonwegh Updated Aug 4, 2011

Visit Madam Tussaud's, wax figures
    Lifelike statues of the famous and infamous. For those of you who do not immediately recognise her: the picture shows the famous TV-host and TV-celebrity Dame Edna Everage

Address: London, on Marylebone Rd

London, Madam Tussaud's

• akosilei's Profile Photo

Party with the Stars

by akosilei Written Apr 10, 2011

It took us almost 3 hours waiting in line to get inside Madame Tussauds. A lot of visitors both local and foreign proves to be a fan of this great wax art and I could say, the long line and waiting was worth it. Really amazing piece of art! So if you plan to visit Madame Tussauds wax museum, buy your tickets in advance and arrive there early. Don't forget your camera :)

Address: Marylebone Road, London, NW1 5

Website: http://www.madame-tussauds.com

My date for tonight ... Mr. Johnny Depp :)

• kris-t's Profile Photo

London Planetarium

by kris-t Updated Apr 4, 2011

The London Planetarium is adjacent to Madame Tussaud's, inside you are invited to discover the basics of astronomy under its green copper dome! With a wax work of Albert Einstein, hands-on stations, and the show itself 'Planetary Quest', the planetarium is not to be missed. The show makes you look at outerspace in a whole new light !

Entrance Fees
    Adult: BP 21.99
    Child: BP 17.99

make haste! Madame Tussaud's museum (the owner) took a decision (feb 2006) to liquidate it

Address: Marylebone Road

Directions: Nearest Tube: Baker Street

Phone: +44 (0)870 400 3000

• Study Abroad

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Madame Toussaud

by mvtouring Written Jul 18, 2010

A place that I really wanted to visit in London, but I was rather dissapointed the last time I visited in 2008. They are allowing too many people in at once, so you cannot get to any of the displays, plus I was not that impressed with the displays on hand. Am I becoming too full of nonsence I am asking myself?

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

by Britannia2 Written Apr 6, 2010

In 1835, Madame Tussauds’ exhibition established a permanent base in London as the Baker Street Bazaar - visitors paid ‘sixpence’ for the chance to meet the biggest names of the day. The attraction moved to its present site in Marylebone Road come 1884.
    Madame Tussuad's is open at 9:30am, with last admission at 5:30pm, every day of the year. From 9am to 6pm at weekends and during UK school holidays, except Christmas Day.
    Much improved in recent years - the ropes and barriers are gone and you can get close to the wax exhibits. As always with Madame Tussuad's across the world visitors from overseas will not be familiar with every wax exhibit - for example if you are not English you may not recognise some of the sports stars. However the Royal Family are there as are many A list international stars and something for everyone.
    Buy tickets in advance to avoid queues and allow 2 hours for a visit. There is good disabled access and a Cafe Nero for refreshments.

Address: Marylebone Road, London, NW1 5LR

Directions: Baker Street tube and many buses including 2, 30 and 205.

Phone: 0871 894 3000

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Wax Museum

by mindcrime Updated Mar 22, 2010

For me it’s just a tourist trap, if it is your first time in London don’t miss some top class museums (for free!) while this overcrowded wax museum asks for 25 pounds per person!!! I visited it on my 7th visit in London because some others of our group wanted to. The truth is that most of them had good time so maybe it’s just not my cup of tea. The wax figures are well reconsctructed but I didn’t like the installation, due to this really badly organized museum you will find yourself wondering with hordes of tourists pushing you while trying to catch a good spot for a pic. As you can understand everyone is in hurry here and you will hear from every possible corner screams like “I want a pic with Beckam, I want a pic with Angelina, look! I want one with the queen!).

After taking a dozen of photos of every famous people you may think of (it’s the only place you can see Beatles, Picasso, Bob Marley, Obama, Angelina Jolie and so many others at the same building so have plenty of space at your memory card) you will go the Scary Room. It’s just a dark passage where some people come out of nowhere screaming at you (they don’t touch you though). Some people started to scream but it was very boring for me. You may ask to skip it if you don’t like this kind of things anyway (but don’t go inside, it’s difficult to return back)

At the end you take a small train called Spirit of London Taxi ride. It’s like being in a theme park and you see the history of London. Nice touch for the end, the kids will like it for sure. The gift shop is expensive but has a big variety for souvenirs.

There are really long lines at the entrance (you may wait 1 to 3 hours!!) so book in advance for the premium entrance (we didn’t pay more, actually we payed 1,5 pound less!)

Address: Marylebone Road, London NW1 5LR, England

Phone: 44 87 0400 3000

Website: http://www.madame-tussauds.com

David Beckam & Victoria famous film figures bob marley Nicole Kidman Madame Tussauds' building

Instant Answers: London