Map &

Madame Tussauds and Thames River Sightseeing Cruise
From GBP52.00
"BIG London Attraction Ticket Including Madame Tussauds
From GBP55.00

Madame Tussauds London Tips (143)

This is a waxwork musuem full of famous figures from politics, showbusiness, royalty and figures from history. All the figures are life size and mostly modelled on the real people for accuracy. Below is a picture of the figure of the Dhalai Lama.
As well as the main galleries of well known faces there is also the 'Chamber of Horrors' portraying various methods of execution and famous murders plus a fairly new 'taxi' ride through the history of London. Its definitely worth a visit. Its a few years since my last visit and I think the displays have become a bit more interactive in recent years.
Note::Try and buy your ticket before you go. The queues can be horrendous but if you have a ticket already you can go straight in another door. I bought mine at the tourist information office at Victoria Station & you can also buy them from some of the open top bus operators. This is true of some of the other popular attractions..

hevbell's Profile Photo
Sep 23, 2016

Madame Tussauds

I was a little disappointed about the numbers of Statues. There were many celebrities missing. But I loved the tour in an automatic vehicle at the end which showed us the cultural history of London. It's quiet expensive. I wouldn't go again, but it's a nice attraction for for Families with children.

Oct 16, 2015

The manager brought shame

This is a tourist place. The kind of rating that is given to Madam Tousard is not worth wasting hard earned money most of the statues look like plastic and nothing in real to how the celebrities looked like,it's a waste of £100 pounds on 2 August 2015 which I invested in total on ***ty 3 tickets. As a group we bought15 tickets online for London I and madam tousard. We had lost 1ticket from the group as we had kids with us on that group. We reached the place and spoke to the manager about the same and our entire group had entered except my husband and me due to 1 ticket. The manager was extremely rude I am not talking about religion,cast or creed but his description is that he is black in colour and bald. He asked us to buy tickets again which was OK but after sharing that the queue was very long and we had already waited in the line for so long just to buy 1ticket and if he could either get us 1 ticket as we had a bus to catch back for Manchester in 1 n half hour and the people with us in the group are already inside, so if he could help us in some manner. His reply was astonishing " I am fair to all and I can't make any exception and it was your fault you lost the ticket " people like these are shame to humanity and tourism will always be impacted. I would never like to promote or would ever take any of my employees, relatives and kids to Madam Tousard ever because if people like him are the face of madam tousard and represent that place with insensitive behaviour to tourist then it is a complete shame . This place is earning because tourist exist if tourist stop coming this would just be history. This was the worst experience of London trip I had. All the other people be it walking on the road or residents all were polite and helped us if we asked directions but this manager who work there spoiled the entire trip of mine and will always be remembered in my bad memory. I would never invest again and will spread a strong bad mouth about that manager and madam tousard.

Aug 03, 2015

A little disappointing quality

Last year I went to Madam Tussauds in London on 15th April 2014
And I have to say, it was really expensive for just the things you see…
I saw the price but I thought: ‘it’s definitely worth it! Well… I’m a little disappointed about the visit.

Let me explain: It takes a long time before we could enter... And sometimes I thought the wax-sculptures would look very realistic and in a real life size. But actually… They were a little small and sometimes the skin was a little too tanned. If they weren’t that tanned and small, you could say to your friends ‘Oh look! I met (par example) Leonardo DiCaprio on a premiere!’. But the sculptures were too fake, so your friends would know that you’re lying or joking.

But there was something else what bothered me. The long time for a ‘professional picture’ that you can paste on a souvenir like an iPhone-case or a pencil-case, or a T-shirt,… The price… Oh my God! That was just awful! My friends took a pic with One Direction. 25 pounds for a stupid iPhone-case?! You don’t even pay so much if you are on a photo with the real One Direction.

I’m still thinking: ‘what would I’ve picked if Madame Tussauds wasn’t an option?’. Well… I can’t remember the other options… But I’m not sure, they were good… But I don’t see it as a spilled afternoon. It’s something I will remember for the next time I’ll visit a big city. Because it’s everywhere the same. You can compare it with the Primark, that pretty famous Irish store. Everywhere in every big city from every country you’ll find it. But it’s in each store even busy and exact the same.

Feb 12, 2015

19 Nottingham Place, London, W1M 3FF, United Kingdom
108 Baker Street, London, W1U 6LJ, United Kingdom
80 Chiltern Street, London, England W1U

Madame Tussauds

Realmente impresionante todas las figuras de cera que existen en el museo, ademas te puedes tomar foto con la familia Real, hay que comprar el boleto con anticipacion porque la entrada es con horarios especificos, y ademas hay que llegar temprano para hacer fila y poder entrar. El museo se recorre de arriba hacia abajo pasando por actores de Hollywood, figuras politicas, artistas de la musica, etc.

Ademas se pueden comprar boletos en paquete de varias atracciones ya que vale la pena porque se obtiene un mejor precio. En nuestro caso tomamos el Museo, el London Eye y el Crucero por el Tamesis.

Al final como en todos lados, hay tienda de recuerdos donde hay muchas cosas que comprar. Ademas tambien hay una sala de cine.

elpolloviajero's Profile Photo
Jan 23, 2015

Easy fun

With kids, it had to be seen, but we found nothing new in the known quality of those wax figures reproducing famous persons. And everybody taking pictures with one of their idols.

The less noticed point is the imagination of some common figures that allow a slightly different amusement.

Like that gentleman interested in a child’s Portuguese story, or the lady that felt asleep in the middle of it.

solopes's Profile Photo
Sep 30, 2014

Worth it with National Rail's 2 for 1

It's expensive but if you're a party of 2 and have travel cards from National Rail, you can get 2 for 1 tickets which makes it worthwhile. While it's overpriced, it's not overrated. It's a lot of fun in there. Holiday is supposed to be fun so don't be bogged down by art museums and history and all educational stuff.

Apr 21, 2014

madam tussauds

Great place to visit to see all the waxworks of famous people. There is the london cab ride as well and chamber of horrors and scream (age 12+) there is also the marvel experience with its 4d cinema experience. You can even make your own waxwork of your hand

The queues for madam tussauds can be long and it can be very busy inside paticularly in the first room. I advise buying your tickets in advance for this. you can buy a combi ticket for other london attactions.

sparkieplug24's Profile Photo
Dec 17, 2013
sue_stone's Profile Photo

"My Current Home"
View Member

"Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
Regina1965's Profile Photo

sourbugger's Profile Photo

"Gor Blimey guv''r having a larf......"
toonsarah's Profile Photo

"Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
View Member

Elliots 7th birthday treat !

Situated on the corner of Baker Street and Marylebone Rd , Madame Tussaud is one of Londons most visited attractions. Always busy , its a good idea to book tickets in advance. This year ( 2012 ) they have a Marvel Super Heroes exhibition with 4d movie .( Great for 7 year olds!!)

GrantBoone's Profile Photo
Oct 12, 2012

By the time you obtain the expensive tickets which are £30 and £25 for adult and children respectively and queue for ages to get in, i think it is way overpriced for what you see. If you book on line in advance there is around £3 discount---wow, what a deal. Give this a miss, particularly if you are a family of four. Think what else you can do with your £100!

davidjo's Profile Photo
Apr 05, 2012

Visit Madam Tussaud's, wax...

Visit Madam Tussaud's, wax figures
Lifelike statues of the famous and infamous. For those of you who do not immediately recognise her: the picture shows the famous TV-host and TV-celebrity Dame Edna Everage

egonwegh's Profile Photo
Aug 04, 2011

Party with the Stars

It took us almost 3 hours waiting in line to get inside Madame Tussauds. A lot of visitors both local and foreign proves to be a fan of this great wax art and I could say, the long line and waiting was worth it. Really amazing piece of art! So if you plan to visit Madame Tussauds wax museum, buy your tickets in advance and arrive there early. Don't forget your camera :)

akosilei's Profile Photo
Apr 10, 2011

Things To Do Near Madame Tussauds London

Sherlock Holmes Museum

If you're a big Holmes fan ( Sherlock, not Johnny) you won't want to miss this museum at 221 B Baker st. It's a 4 story row house filled with memorabilia and antiques as well as wax figures and a gift...

Sherlock Holmes Museum

Sherlock Holmes is an imaginary detective known from the books written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. More recent the BBC Sherlock TV-series revived the character. Sherlock Holmes and his assistant...

Black Taxi Tours Of London

This will be my things to do tip for the famous hackney cabs. These Hackney Cabs are an Icon (rather expensive icon than the Red Public Buses) and they also have advertising logos outside and is...
Things to Do

An Icelandic friend of mine works in Selfridges and when we meet up we often go to a restaurant in the beautiful, kind of hidden away, St Christopher´s Place. This is why I love London, there are so...

Wallace Collection

The Wallace Collection was the last of the major attractions I visited while in London. I really regret leaving it for last as my visit a great surprise as I enjoyed it more than I anticipated. This...

Islamic Cultural Centre - London Central Mosque

This Mosque sits on the edge of Regents Park, near the restaurants by the lake. It was built in 1978 and can hold up to 1800 people. It has a single minaret and a big gilt domed roof, both of which...

Getting to Madame Tussauds London