Winter Gardens, Blackpool

• One of the gala shows at the Winter Gardens
    One of the gala shows at the Winter...
    The Winter Gardens
    by Regina1965
  • I on the balcony where there were many more stalls
    I on the balcony where there were many...

• solopes's Profile Photo

Winter Gardens

by solopes Updated Apr 14, 2016

The centre of my interest in Blackpool, this is a wide classical building, housing several indoor activities.

Dancing was the subject that took us there, and it was perfectly organized, with the action in the main room, and specialized displays and services around it.

Blackpool Blackpool Blackpool
    • Architecture
    • Festivals

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

The Magic Convention 2016 at the Winter Gardens

by Regina1965 Updated Feb 29, 2016

My husband is a magician and I attended the annual Blackpool Magic Convention 2016 with him and 2 other Icelandic magicians in February 2016. It lasted for 3 days - 3 full days from morning till late at night I was surrounded by ca 3,200 magicians from all over the world! It was such good fun :)

The Magic Convention is held at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool, which is in the centre of Blackpool. It was the 64th time this convention was held and they are now in the Guinness Book of Records for hosting the largest magic convention in the world. So it was quite a treat getting the opportunity to attend this fantastic convention.

There were lectures on magic held all day long, together with shows and competitions. And at night there were gala shows for 3 hours with many magicians showing their tricks. Fantastic shows! We booked the tickets really late so we got seats high up on the balcony where we could almost touch the ceiling, but all the same we had a good view of the stage and had great fun. After the show the magicians gather in the bars of one hotel, which was in the same street as our hotel.

There are myriads of stalls at the Winter Gardens, where magicians where selling their magic stuff, 2 floors filled with magic stalls. We spent a lot of time in there and my husband bought a lot of new cool magic stuff. I loved shopping with him, seeing all the cool stuff that is available.

Magicians from all over the world attend this magic convention, both newcomers and skilled magicians. A really colourful and fun group they are. I had a fantastic time in Blackpool and look forward to joining them again.

Address: Winter Gardens & Opera House Theatre 97 Church Str

Website: http://www.wintergardensblackpool.co.uk

The myriad of magic stalls in the Winter Gardens I on the balcony where there were many more stalls My husband buying magic stuff from a magician The Winter Gardens One of the gala shows at the Winter Gardens

• Alicja1's Profile Photo

Winter Gardens

by Alicja1 Written Aug 15, 2006

Blackpool's Winter Gardens have been restored to their original glory. This is one of the most amazing buildings in Britain. The site, over four and a half acres, is partly Tudor England, partly Strauss's Vienna, partly Seville and partly ancient Rome. There is always something going on there , from dancing competitions to opera and different exhibitions. They also have restaurant inside.

Address: Church Street