Map &

City Sightseeing Belfast Hop-On Hop-Off Tour with 48-Hour Pass
From GBP13.00
Belfast Day Trip from Dublin
From EUR45.00

Beatrice Kennedy's. Tips (3)

Beatrice Kennedy: Feel at Home

I really like this intimate restaurant. It’s located in the converted Victoria-era home of Beatrice Kennedy and her physician husband. In fact I had a very hard time finding this place in the dark as it just blends in with the other large residential houses around it. Inside is a narrow, but cosy well decorated interior. The staff are all young people who are pleasant. My waitress was a little slow on coming back to me, but I found all the staff happy to help. I couldn’t decide on a starter and took a safe choice with foie gras. It was very good. I then ordered the very good sounding “Pan roasted cod with leek & crab risotto, salsa verde & red pepper”. It tasted better. Beatrice Kennedy’s serves modern Irish dishes, excellent wines and cold beer. In fact they offer glasses of good wine at extremely affordable prices.

They offer Pre-Theatre, A la carte, vegetarian, Carte Blanche and Sunday lunch menus. The Carte Blanche is a 5 course meal (Chef’s choice of dishes) for £35.00 per person and with accompanying wines £60.00.

I dined here at a solo businessman, but would highly recommend this for a romantic meal. You just feel warm and at home here.

AA Rosette since 2000; Taste of Ulster since 2009; Recommended in Georgina Campbell & Bridgestone Guides, Trip Advisor Award for Excellence.

Tues - Thurs 5.00pm - 9.30pm, Fri - Sat 5.00pm - 10.30pm, Sunday 12.30pm - 2.30pm - 5.00pm - 8.30pm. Pre-theatre menu is available Tues-Sun 5pm-6.45pm (last booking 6.30pm on Saturday) and is an 'Express' sitting of 1 & 1/2 hours.

DAO's Profile Photo
Jan 31, 2016

Beatrice Kennedy's.: Delicious home-taste - Beatrice Kennedy's.

Favorite Dish I LOOOOOOVED their home-made bread, it was thick, chewy and just a little sweet.

I had the vegetable soup for a starter, the chicken pasta for my main course and (for once) skipped dessert.... though I'm sure that would have been fabulous too!!

Suzanne_M had booked it for my visit to Belfast, if you ever go there with her, the staff all know her now and you're guaranteed a wonderful friendly service.

orlikins's Profile Photo
Apr 04, 2011

Beatrice Kennedy's.: Warm atmosphere and lovely food.

Highly recommended.This is a converted Victorian terrace house and is decorated accordingly in warm colours and antiques. The food is really nice and the atmosphere is perfect for either a cosy meal for two or a larger group.
Lovely atmosphere - there is a conservatory at the back which is nice to eat in. Close to city centre, delicious food.

Food Stuff Ireland rated this restaurant 7/10 and gave it an award for warmest ambience. You can read their review here

Favorite Dish We have always found the food to be of high standard. At our staff Christmas dinner one year , I had delicious lamb meatballs which were served with a slightly sweet tomato chutney. For mains I had duck which was served with porcini mushrooms and for dessert I had panna cotta with fresh fruit. Side dishes of vegetables and potatoes were included and the cost was GBP18.95. It is a bit more expensive ( and most retaurants charge more at Christmas anyway) but the food is really lovely so it is nice for a treat.

oneonta_ni's Profile Photo