More Places to eat in United Kingdom

by spidermiss

Most Viewed Restaurants in United Kingdom

OHSO SOCIAL: Breakfast on Brighton Beach

by DAO Written Mar 4, 2016

I first noticed this Restaurant/Bar/Venue on the way to Brighton Pier. Located right on the beach, it has an excellent view of the Pier and the Sea. Its low stone walls and wooden gates separate you from the beach, but still leave that windswept feeling you want for an exceptional dinning experience. The food and friendly staff top off a virtuoso performance. The tables outside are on a deck that has heating and is lit at night. Bizarrely you have to go inside to smoke! They offer live Jazz nights and other events. In fact you can reserve all or part of OHSO – for FREE! They can do any food you want even a BBQ.

Oh, and then there is the food! Well presented fantastic taste and quality and served quickly. Yummmm!!!! Give this place a try!

The closest car parking to OHSO Social can be found at

The Lanes Car Park
    Black Lion Street,
    Brighton
    BN1 1ND

Favorite Dish:

I had Breakfast here (served until Noon). I had 2 poached eggs with Wiltshire Ham (pictured). My dinning companions had Eggs Benedict and Eggs Royale. They looked great!

OHSO SOCIAL, Brighton OHSO SOCIAL, Brighton OHSO SOCIAL, Brighton OHSO SOCIAL, Brighton OHSO SOCIAL, Brighton

Indian Lounge: New King of King Cross Curries

by DAO Written Mar 3, 2016

Hail the new King! The Indian Lounge it the King of Kings Cross Curries – before you get on the train. It’s a new, bright, attractive restaurant with great food and fantastic service. How good is the service? I almost named this tip ‘Magic Tables’. When you order a beer – it appears! Finish the beer – it disappears! Food! Magic arrival, magic taste and poof! The empty dishes go.

The Manager is a great guy and the staff are really friendly, helpful and the best part – quick. Several times I have been worried about being able to get a top quality Indian meal before I have to take a train home. The kitchen, which you can see into downstairs, is non-stop. They keep producing top quality cuisine at a good pace so you can savour your meal and cold beers before you leave London.

I have eaten here a few times and the Manager always remembers me. Incredible as he must serve thousands of satisfied customers per week. I really enjoy eating here.

They offer some cheap set-meals if you are on a budget and their main menu is quite good. The food is fresh, hot and top quality. And you get COLD beer here, not warm. In fact the only warm thing on offer is the welcome you get when you come in the door.

So have a train and an hour? Sit down to a great meal across the street before you go. You will be glad you did.

Opening Hours
    12pm - Midnight; 7 days a week

You can reserve a table on their website

Favorite Dish:

I always have the delicious (and attractive) Sheek Kebab with a nice cold beer. Then for my main I always have the Keema Murgh with boiled rice. This is a medium/mildish chicken dish made with minced lamb as well. Tastes delicious!

Indian Lounge, Kings Cross, London Indian Lounge, Kings Cross, London Indian Lounge, Kings Cross, London Indian Lounge, Kings Cross, London Indian Lounge, Kings Cross, London
    • Trains

Azeri Cuisine: Azeri Food in London

by DAO Written Mar 2, 2016

I kept walking past this little restaurant very near Kings Cross station for several years. I finally decided to stop in and have a nice lunch and see what they had to offer. They advertise that they are the “"First and only Azerbaijan, Russian and Central Asian cuisine in London." The place looks very small so I was curious to see how it would turn out. Well, it turned out very pleasantly. I spoke to the owner who is from Baku, the Capital of Azerbaijan. He asked me to have a seat at one of the nice tables and asked me what I would like. I noticed that beside a fairly long list of typical regional dishes he also does kebabs cooked on a charcoal grill. And if that isn’t good enough, he also delivers for free on orders of just £15. I ordered a salad and Plov. Both very tasty, well priced and served with a warm smile. Azeri Cuisine is an excellent budget option for a quiet meal or to takeaway on your train journey from Kings Cross and St Pancreas stations. If you are looking for an inexpensive way to try Azeri, Central Asian and Russian dishes – pop in. They are open 7 days a week.

Please note: They serve Halal food and the owner speaks English, Azeri and Russian.

Favorite Dish:
    I had (from their menu descriptions):
    SALAD OLIVE
    Made of boiled egg, boiled chicken, boiled potatoes, boiled carrots, peas, dill & mayo
    OZBEK (Uzbek) PLOV
    Made of meat, carrot, onion served with chilli sauce (on the side)

Delivery times:
    Monday 10:30 - 22:30
    Tuesday 10:30 - 22:30
    Wednesday 10:30 - 22:30
    Thursday 10:30 - 22:30
    Friday 10:30 - 22:30
    Saturday 10:30 - 22:30
    Sunday 10:30 - 22:30

Azeri Cuisine, London Azeri Cuisine, London Azeri Cuisine, London Azeri Cuisine, London Azeri Cuisine, London

All’s Well: Heavy Protection in Gibraltar

by DAO Written Mar 1, 2016

If you want to get bombed, but not by the Spanish, come in for a safe and fortified drink. The All’s Well is one of the stone buildings known as the ‘military parades’, and is packed with history. And beer. Inside is a series of cannons, cannon balls and gunpowder kegs across the walls and hanging from the ceilings. There is also a host of muskets, paintings and drawings from the long decades of conflict with the neighbours.

The All’s Well has a reasonable menu for a pub and it all looked good. They serve Salads, Sharing Plates (nachos, wings), Grill, Fish (fresh and fried), burgers, wraps, jacket potatoes and kids meals. They have a daily specials board and also make of a variety of Moroccan tagines. Breakfast (served all day) is of the Full English variety so bring a good appetite. The wine menu is very short, but the beer list if good and the bar is fully stocked. They offer free Wi-Fi and sports on TV. Mondays and Wednesday are Karaoke nights, they server free tapas on Fridays and Saturdays they have a DJ.

Free History Lesson:
    "All's Well" was shouted out at the Waterport Gates for over 300 years to let the garrison know they were not under attack. At the moment.

All���s Well, Gibraltar All���s Well, Gibraltar All���s Well, Gibraltar All���s Well, Gibraltar All���s Well, Gibraltar
    • Beer Tasting

Sahara, St Johns Wood: Lovely Lebanese in London

by DAO Written Feb 29, 2016

When I arrived at the Sahara, I was ushered into a pleasant and bright restaurant and greeted like a brother. I had a table reserved for me near the wall-sized picture of a pleasant Lebanese fishing village. Before I could even think about it, some delicious olives appeared and I was asked if I would like a drink. These folks understand that a menu is always best read with a cold beer in your hands. They recommended a Lebanese beer called Almaza. Cold, crisp and refreshing. These guys know to put guests into a very good and relaxing mood. My starter, seasoned and grilled sausages, were an absolute taste delight in terms of flavour and the way they had been grilled. My main meal was a mixed meat frill and probably the best ‘kebab’ I have ever had. This place is sheer class and an excellent dining experience. It’s not a large place and the staff can always see you. They move swiftly and politely to ensure all your needs are met. I highly recommend the Sahara.

Favorite Dish:

Soujok starter. This is a home-made Lebanese spicy sausage. Main – Mixed Grill: charcoal-grilled skewers of seasoned minced lamb, marinated lamb and chicken cubes, served with garlic sauce. All washed down with a cold Almaza Beer (Authentic Lebanese beer).

Sahara, St Johns Wood Sahara, St Johns Wood Sahara, St Johns Wood Sahara, St Johns Wood Sahara, St Johns Wood

Hops: Simply the Best in Cheshire

by DAO Written Feb 17, 2016

Hops Belgian Style Café Bar has a simple offering. They serve some of the best beers and ales in the world in a tranquil corner of Crewe. I have had several nice quiet pints of ale here. It’s like a refuge for real ale drinkers. The coolest thing is how they show what they serve. The taps all have explanations, not just the names, of some of the wonderful pints they serve. They even have small glass jars in front of each tap that shows you the colour and texture of the different options. If that’s not enough, the fantastic people here at Hops will happily give you a free sample. Get in there!

Hops is recognised and even has awards from CAMERA – The Campaign for Real Ale. It’s set in a quiet corner across from an historic church. You can even sit outside in their gardens on warm days.

Hops is happy to tell you they have “a fantastic range of over 150 bottled beers, draught Belgian ales, ciders, continental lagers and six cask ales.”

Hops is also a VT Award Winning Bar due to its dedication to making VT members feel welcome. I have awarded them after enjoying several visits here and cannot recommend them highly enough.

Hops Belgian Bar, Crewe Hops Belgian Bar, Crewe Hops Belgian Bar, Crewe Hops Belgian Bar, Crewe Hops Belgian Bar, Crewe
    • Beer Tasting

No 1 Bistro, Wick: Very Short in Scotland

by DAO Written Feb 13, 2016

No 1 Bistro (pronounced as Number 1), like to keep it short. They are located on the smallest street in the whole world - Ebenezer Place. They also keep their menu short, but delicious. When I arrived I was given the warmest of welcomes and I was given excellent service. No 1 Bistro is located inside Mackays Hotel and they really know how to make guests feel at home. The restaurant has a nice and intimate feel to it and the staff are very observant. I was given a nice table and a cold beer swiftly arrived. I started with Cullen Skink. This awful sounding dish is actually quite tasty. It’s a sort of stew with fish and potatoes. I then had a chicken and risotto dish with a nice glass of house red. Fantastic. A great meal and experience.

Their menu changes every few weeks and they proudly tell you on the menu the names of the local farms and bakeries that supply their fresh food.

No 1 Bistro, Wick, Scotland No 1 Bistro, Wick, Scotland No 1 Bistro, Wick, Scotland No 1 Bistro, Wick, Scotland No 1 Bistro, Wick, Scotland

Bord De L'Eau: Friendly and French in Wick

by DAO Written Feb 13, 2016

The night I dined here, I literally had this small restaurant to myself. I had the pleasure of meeting both owners, Mr & Mrs Chretien. Its name in French means ‘Waters Edge’ and it is located accordingly in the middle of Wick. It’s a calm and relaxing location and restaurant. I decided to try their tuna salad and Mediterranean fish. Fresh, delicious and enjoyable food. I also had a few French beers while I was here. It’s a nicely decorated and cosy restaurant. I can highly recommend it for a business meal or for a romantic dinner. Well done French folks.

Opening hours:
    10:00am Croissants
    10:00am - 2:30pm Lunch
    6:00pm - 10:30pm Dinner

Bord De l'eau Restaurant, Wick, Caithness Bord De l'eau Restaurant, Wick, Caithness Bord De l'eau Restaurant, Wick, Caithness Bord De l'eau Restaurant, Wick, Caithness Bord De l'eau Restaurant, Wick, Caithness

Shahi Karahi: Pakistani & Afghani Grill - London

by DAO Written Feb 13, 2016

As you walk along all the nice restaurants on Brick Lane, you suddenly come across a Pakistani man grilling meats and cooking tagines over open flames. Welcome to Shahi Karahi. Their chefs cook right at the entrance of the open sided restaurant. You can smell the delicious flavours before you even arrive. Behind the chef are chickens cooking on rotisseries slowly roasted by flames to a moist perfection. I kept walking past Shahi Karahi on many a night on my way to eat somewhere else. One night I decided I would give it a try. I had a takeaway and a few cold beers from the nice shop next door. The food was delicious. Grilled and spiced to ultimate flavour.

Shahi Karahi does actually have a basic looking restaurant for up to 120 people at the back. And they allow to bring in your won alcohol at no charge (BYOB)!. No frills, just the food. If you are staying nearby you can watch your food being made or you can even have free delivery. This is an exceptional takeaway. A cut above most and I can happily recommend this, especially as a late night snack. Tasty and affordable.

OPEN 12 Noon to 12 Midnight – 7 days a week

Shahi Karahi, London Shahi Karahi, London Shahi Karahi, London Shahi Karahi, London Shahi Karahi, London

Jungle Braai: No Rumble in the Jungle - London

by DAO Written Feb 11, 2016

I can promise you that you will be very well fed here. I had walked past this nice looking little restaurant quite a few times before I tried it. They are located on the ‘Curry Mile’ of Brick Lane. While finding average Indian restaurants again and again, I decided to try this South African Restaurant. Wow! I now wish I had eaten here a lot sooner than I did. The first time I stopped in, I had already had a less than satisfying meal elsewhere, but was still hungry. I ordered the Jungle Salad and a diet Pepsi. The salad is served with warm chicken “doused with secret African Sauce”. Some spicy olives appeared first. A welcoming gift from the Gods. Then my salad appeared. It looked great and tasted even better. I had a good chat with one of the owners and was made to feel very welcome. A very nice guy.

The next night I had to work late, but I made no mistake. I stopped by and takeaway. I picked up another delicious Jungle Salad. I also had the Zulu Boerewors and Peri Peri Chicken. Amazingly delicious! This isn’t just South African food, its fantastic South African food!

Braai is the South African word for barbequing over a fire. Their meats are all marinated and then grilled over flames to produce tender and succulent dishes. Don’t miss out! They do Lunch Deals and other promotions. Just sign up to their email newsletter on their website linked below. They also have another location in Walthamstow.

Please note: They do not serve alcohol.

Jungle Braai - London Jungle Braai - London Jungle Braai - London Jungle Braai - London Jungle Braai - London

Star Kebab House: Best Kebabs in London

by DAO Written Feb 11, 2016

I have some average kebabs in London and I have had some very bad kebabs. Then, after several decades, I found the best. Here it is. Star Kebab is awesome. The guys here are real chefs and all the tender meats are seasoned to perfection and flamed grilled to mouth-watering beauty. I have had seekh kebabs and mixed kebabs here several times. I also have enjoyed a chicken curry on rice and loved all of it. This is a world class kebab house and the best in London. They use quality ingredients and don’t cut corners. They put almost all the others to great shame.

I don’t actually have any photos of my food here because I always had food here as a takeaway after a night drinking beer. They do not serve alcohol here, so I always either eat it along the way to my hotel or devour it with some beers from the store nearby back in my room.

This is a fantastic place. Great service, great food and very affordable. They even take credit cards. And don’t worry of you are out drinking late. They stay open up to 5am some nights!

Opening Hours:
    11:30am-3:00am (Sun to Wed)
    11:30am-4:00am (Thu)
    11:30am-5:00am (Fri & Sat)

Star Kebab House, London Star Kebab House, London Star Kebab House, London Star Kebab House, London Star Kebab House, London

Cardosi’s: Classic Italian in Paisley

by DAO Updated Feb 10, 2016

My wonderful guesthouse in Paisley (Ashtree House) recommended Cardosi’s. They told me it was very good and very popular. They were right on both counts. Luckily I made reservations and even then I had the last table in the restaurant. This place was packed. I had to walk the full length of the restaurant and all the dishes I could see looked amazing. Pizzas, pastas, fish. It all looked great. I ordered Antipasto Della Casa for a starter. It comes in 2 sizes if you wish to share. I can assure you it tasted as good as it looks in the photo. The menu describes this excellent choice as:
    • Wooden board with a selection of Italian cured meats, cheese, olives, pickles and fresh focaccia.
    I can assure you that the focaccia was warm and freshly made. A delicious start to a nice evening. Now, as great as all the pastas looked and sounded on the menu, I was hungry. I decided on the steak they describe as:
    • Bistecca Grigliata. 8oz prime Aberdeen Angus beef, your choice of fillet or sirloin with your choice of sauce or garnish. All served with onion rings, fresh market vegetables and your choice of fries or herb roasted potatoes.
    Delicious and filling. A high quality piece of meat. Everything they do seems to be high quality with a real attention to detail. A real winner.

They also have some other very nice dishes that I have taken from their menu:

• Vitello Funghetto. Escalope of veal in a delicate creamy mushroom sauce, served with seasonal vegetables and potatoes.
    • Pollo Cacciatore. Sauteed chicken breast simmered in a rich tomato, garlic, mushroom and roasted red pepper sauce, served with seasonal vegetables, chips or new season potatoes.
    • Pollo Cardosi. Chicken breast wrapped in Parma ham and basil, topped with mozzarella served with tomato sugo and served with potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
    • Veal Saltimbocca Alla Romana. Veal escalope topped with Parma ham, with a sage and white wine sauce served with seasonal vegetables and herbed potatoes.

If you are looking for classic Italian food in Paisley – look no further.

Opening and serving times:
    Monday – Closed
    Tuesday to Thursday:
    Lunch: 12 noon till Last Orders at 2pm, Dinner: 5pm till Last Orders at 9.30pm
    Friday: Lunch: 12 noon till Last Orders at 2pm, Dinner: 5pm till Last Orders at 10pm
    Saturday: Served 12 noon till Last Orders at 10pm
    Sunday: Dinner served from 5pm till Last Orders at 9pm
    Pre-Theatre Menu. Served Sunday & Tuesday - Thursday 5-6.30pm

Cardosi's Italian Restaurant, Paisley Cardosi's Italian Restaurant, Paisley Cardosi's Italian Restaurant, Paisley Cardosi's Italian Restaurant, Paisley Cardosi's Italian Restaurant, Paisley

Casa Mamma: Italian Before the Train in London

by DAO Written Feb 5, 2016

For years I either found disappointing restaurants around Kings Cross/St Pancreas or just avoided the area to eat before I took the train home. I walked past Casa Mama for years and thought it wouldn’t be good. Unfortunately I cheated myself out of many excellent meals. This is a first rate Italian restaurant across the road from Kings Cross. The service is professional, the portions are good sized and the food is excellent. I will not be missing out in the future!

Friends from America were visiting and I was playing tour guide for a few days. We decided that we would have a full meal before our train journey and one of my friends begged us to try Casa Mama’s. Excellent decision! Cold Perroni beers arrived and our order was taken. The kitchen then delivered up several excellent dishes. The prices, portions, quality, service and location cannot be beaten. Get there with plenty of time before your train! They are always busy and there is a very good reason for that.

They have salads, pizza, pasta, fish, chicken and beef dishes – all looked great.

Casa Mamma is a family run restaurant serving great food since 1993.

Favorite Dish:

Pictured are the Tagliatelle Alfredo (with bacon, peas, onions, mushrooms, tomato and cream) and
    La Milanese con Spaghetti (Veal escalope in breadcrumbs served with spaghetti)

Casa Mamma, King's Cross, London Casa Mamma, King's Cross, London Casa Mamma, King's Cross, London Casa Mamma, King's Cross, London Casa Mamma, King's Cross, London
    • Trains

Inn Cognito: The 'INN' Place in Halifax

by DAO Written Feb 5, 2016

Inn Cognito says they serve Italian and Mexican food. I say they serve wonderful food with fantastic service. I descended upon Inn Cognito with a group of VT’ers at a VT meeting. When we arrived there was only one lady serving by herself and one chef. We were a large party and I wondered how this would turn out. It turns out that Julie (27 years of service) and Steve (33 years of service) – know how to serve up wonderful food with a laugh and a smile. We all loved our food and had a great laugh with Julie and Steve. They have a wonderful specials board, a good menu and cold Peroni Beer. I choose the scallops as a starter. Steve made these with Gruyère cheese. Absolutely the best scallops I have ever had. I then ordered the Inn Cognito Special Pizza. Steve placed an eclectic mix of fresh ingredients on a perfect pizza base and cooked this to perfection. Given that I used to be a pizza maker, I can assure you this was perfectly done. With a mixture of meats, cheeses and vegetables, every bite provided a different and moth-watering taste. The best pizza I have ever eaten in a restaurant.

Inn Cognito is a fantastic restaurant that has seen other restaurants come and go over the years. They have been serving up great quality food and you can enjoy dining here as well. Nine VT members give Inn Cognito a big thumbs up. And local member Ricky52 has eaten here for years and says he and Mrs. Ricky (Sheila) have always had a good meal. Enjoy!

(FREE CAR PARKING)

Inn Cognito - Halifax Inn Cognito - Halifax Inn Cognito - Halifax Inn Cognito - Halifax Inn Cognito - Halifax

Ed's Easy Diner: The Worst American Ever - Sheffield

by DAO Written Jan 31, 2016

When I say the Worst American ever, you probably are thinking of Jeffrey Dahmer or Alferd Packer. Both serial cannibals. Who knows? Maybe they ate here first and even human flash tasted better. Yes, Ed’s Easy Dinner sucks the big one. I cannot believe just how bad this place is food-wise. The famous American Baseball Coach Joe Torre once publicly compared fast food to sex. OK, he chose pizza, but I have given it a twist in honour of Ed’s Easy Dinner.

‘Sex is like a hamburger. When it’s good, it’s great and when it’s bad – it’s still ok’.

Except we are talking hamburgers made from some discernible meat product. I mean a burger advertised as ‘beef’ should look, have the texture of and taste like – well a damn dead cow. Honestly, I LIKED Mystery Meat at school in America. I never went hungry on Mystery Meat Days! I walked around the cafeteria asking ‘You want that?’. As much as I could eat!

Ed’s Easy Dinner? I wish I had never even contemplated eating here. I did so you don’t have to.

I was attracted by the fact it looked like a classic American Dinner. As soon as I saw it, it brought back lovely childhood memories. Then they served me a ‘burger’ that gave me nightmares. Real Freddy Kruger stuff. Maybe that is how they source their ‘meat’.

I sat down and ordered a cheese burger and put some coins in the small Jukebox on my table. Lovely old tunes poured out. My overpriced and tiny bottle of warm (WARM!?) Budweiser arrived. Then the Burger from Mars arrived. The ‘meat’ was so cold that the cheese was still cold and fresh from being taken out of the fridge. Bread stale, taste – awful. The worst burger in my life. And as a proud American I can say this is a very un-American place to eat. It’s like if terrorists started a restaurant. Lure the Americans (and their friends) inside then – wham!

This place is bad. PLEASE BRITISH PEOPLE – do not eat here! We Americans do not want you thinking a place this bad would 1) ever open its doors in America and 2) stay open.

AVOID

And please rate my review generously – I had to sacrifice myself for your wellbeing.

Ed's Easy Diner, Sadly - multiple locations - UK Ed's Easy Diner, Sadly - multiple locations - UK Ed's Easy Diner, Sadly - multiple locations - UK Ed's Easy Diner, Sadly - multiple locations - UK Ed's Easy Diner, Sadly - multiple locations - UK
    • Women's Travel

1796 Reviews - 4575 Photos
Yeovil Hotels
25 Reviews - 49 Photos

Instant Answers: United Kingdom

Comments

United Kingdom Restaurants

leics's Profile Photo

You'll find hundeds of thousands of eating places, with cuisines from around the world....from Thai to Gurkha, from Italian to ...well, English! UK eating, like the UK itself, is hugely...

Map of United Kingdom