Map &

Rate it

Top Tours

Edinburgh Bus and Boat Tour Including Forth Bridges Sightseeing Cruise
From GBP20.00
Royal Edinburgh Ticket Including Hop-On Hop-Off Tours and Edinburgh Castle Admission
From GBP51.00
Edinburgh Rail Day Trip from London
From GBP174.00

Stac Polly Tips (5)

Stac Polly: Everything catered for.

The Dublin Street restaurant has an intimate and very pleasant atmosphere. Built into the basement level of the building it utilises a number of the "cellars" to create an intimate feel. The decoration suits the atmosphere perfectly being a mixture of scottish art and drift wood style decor.
The service was friendly at very accomodating, one table nearby was concerned about the nut content of some foods, the waitress didn't bat an eyelid and ensured that the customers were accomodated without any fuss.
Our waiting staff were fantastic, they took the time to speak to us and find out what our tastes were, I am sure when we visit again (as we will) they will remember us.
The food was superb and better than some that I have tasted in Michelin Stared premises, as has been mentioned the Haggis in Filo Pastry is stunning and the Lamb I had for main course was excellent and not greasy at all.
If you are looking for somwhere for a celebration meal this has to be in your top 3 to choose from, the whole meal came to £125.00 which was 3 courses with wine and drinks for 2, so not the cheapest but not the most expensive either.

Favorite Dish Haggis in Filo Pastry, starter.
Lamb with Dauphinoise Potatoes

mackilt's Profile Photo
Jun 24, 2009

Stac Polly: Great atmosphere

In a word - Gorgeous!!!

We loved this restaurant. The atmosphere was laid back and relaxed, the food was delicious and the selection of wines and whiskies on offer was brilliant.

Not much else to say really - loved it, loved it, loved it!!

Great central location so easy to move onto a bar/club after eating if you fancy it. Great service and even better food.

Favorite Dish I had an Aberdeen Angus steak which was cooked perfectly and was beautifully tender and tasty.

A desert which you really must try whilst here is the orange and cinnamon cheesecake - perfect combination of flavour and texture. Delightful!!!

Kristymamoo's Profile Photo
Jan 03, 2008

Stac Polly: Scottish with a modern twist

My husband and I asked our hotel conciege to book us somewhere that served traditional Scottish fare. He sent us to Stac Polly and we are very grateful.

The Haggis filo pasty parcels with plum sauce is out of this world. The Pork and Beef main courses marvellous and the sweets dreamy. Wine flowed and bread plentiful, AND very reasonably priced for high quality food.

All this was delivered quickly and brightly by the staff, despite the fact that they had had a booking of 12 turn in to a booking 18, without even so much as a warning! All staff members kept apologising for this and the perceived delays, but I can honesly say we didn't believe that we received a poorer service.

I urge everyone to go to this small but perfectly formed eatery.

Favorite Dish Haggis Filo Pasty parcels with sweet plum sauce

Nov 13, 2006

Stac Polly: Stac Polly

Handy for Edinburgh's Theatreland, Stac Polly (named after one of Scotland's remoter mountains) caused much anxious discussion amongst foodies with its pioneering haggis filo parcels. Fear not - they are delicious. The restaurant's subtle Scottish décor is coolly elegant enough for pre- or post-opera dining in your best bib and tucker.

Favorite Dish Haggis and Scottish cheeses