Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

1 Day Snorkeling Marsa Alam
"Hotel pick ups start from 07.20am. Embark on the boat and enjoy a day of diving with lunch drinks and equipment included. The boat returns to Port Ghalib at approximately 16.30pm depending on the locations visited. Transfers back to your hotels will be arranged.If only 1 guest books a snorkel pack a minimum numbers supplement of €15 per day will apply payable at the dive centre. If 2+ book a snorkel pack the minimum numbers supplement does not apply. Hotel pick ups are from all hotels within 30km of Port Ghalib.""""A great day out for families and friends
From EUR45.00

Day of Scuba Diving by Boat for Certified Divers
"Hotel pickups start from 7:30am. Once you have booked you will be given information with how to contact the local operator to arrange the time according to your hotel. Pickups are from all hotels within 30km of Port Ghalib. The boat returns to Port Ghali although a third dive may be available on the day at extra cost to those who are keen to dive more. Lunch and soft drinks are available on the trip at extra cost. Equipment hire is available on site for those who require it with no need to pre-book normal sizes.""""Scuba Diving in Marsa Alam on the Red Sea. This trip is for certified divers joining a boat trip to one of the best local dive sites in the region to see pristine corals and abundant fish life."title=Highlights&1=Free+hotel+pickup+and+drop-off+included&2=See+native+wildlife+in+their+natural+environment&3=Informative%2C+friendly+and+professional+guide&4=All+taxes%2C+fuel+surcharges+and+service+fees+included
From EUR80.00

Sound and Light Show at Philae Temple in Aswan
"At 18:00 Pm Pickup from your hotel or Nile Cruise in Aswan to Spend the evening while enjoying the Sound and Light Show at Philae Temple that takes you on a narrated journey to discover the legends of Goddess Isis & God Osiris.There is a marvels story for this temple since early century the site of Philae was flooded for six months each year.An incredible restoration program was undertaken in the 1960s and the Temple was moved stone by stone to the current location. Enjoy the spectacular lights of the multimedia presentations which vividly reveals the form and majesty of this ancient site and walk through the magnificent temple as its history is narrat"""Sound and light show in Aswan at Philae Temple. This is a private tour that includes all pickup and drop off transfers
From $44.00

Wearing the veil. Tips (4)

Cover please?

To cover or not to cover, that is the Western woman's question. Well, the first 3/4 of my trip I did not cover my head. The last 1/4 of my trip I did. I found that I was a lot more respected, even spoken to in Arabic and blended in much better when I covered my head. It is your own choice obviously, but always bring a scarf with you in your purse when going out. You never know where or when the Muttawa (religious police) is lurking. I never had any problems with the Muttawa - only to have them tell me politely to "please cover my head".

daaebissa's Profile Photo
daaebissa
Oct 05, 2006

Wearing the veil.

If you are a woman and travelling to Saudi Arabia be prepared to wear a conservative clothing when arriving to the Kingdom(i.e.long pants and jacket or long sleeved shirt).
Buy an Abayah in Saudi Arabia after you arrive.(it`s something like a cloack )

Although it is considered "OK" not to have your hair covered as long as your not a Saudi,but you`ll find yourself more comfortable wearing it.
No one should forse you to cover your face,I never do ;-)

Here is a picture of my own Abayah,year 2004 collection had is the chinese symbols theme(kinda exotic to us)You will find an Abaya that matches your taste and budget

DunaKal's Profile Photo
DunaKal
Oct 07, 2005

hijab

When a woman living in Saudi Arabia appears in public, she normally wears a voluminous black cloak called an abbeya, a scarf covering her hair and a full-face veil. There are varying opinions regarding the wearing of the abbeya and hijab (literally curtain or veil); however, Saudi women cover themselves in public and in the presence of men who are not close relatives.
Women's fashions do not stop with the abbeya, though if you are a male, that is all you are likely to see. Beneath the black cloak, Saudi women enjoy fashionable clothing and take great pride in their appearance. They enjoy bright colours and lavish material.

TomorrowsAngel's Profile Photo
TomorrowsAngel
Jul 24, 2003

Western female Expat experience

As mentioned by others as a female you will feel much more comfortable with the abaya on (it is NOT required though) however I have never covered my hair nor do the majority of expats I know or see. I think that the old custom of not being in a room or elevator with a non-relative female is dying out as I have been in many a mall elevator with plenty of people I haven't been related to - LOL! However as a woman do not expect to shake hands with any local man here.

I have lived here four years and have found that it is difficult to get to know, or find the opportunity to meet, Saudis. Once you do however you will find them to be very warm and friendly - except when it comes time to stand in a line at a checkout counter!

loony2nz