More Places to eat in Vancouver

• Doc Morgans Bowen Island Vancouver by aussirose
    Doc Morgans Bowen Island Vancouver by...
  • Doc Morgans Bowen Island Vancouver by aussirose
    Doc Morgans Bowen Island Vancouver by...
  • Steamworks Brewery Gastown Vancouver - aussirose
    Steamworks Brewery Gastown Vancouver -...

Most Viewed Restaurants in Vancouver

Mr. Greek Donair Town: Mediterranean Fast Food

by Avieira67 Updated Jun 17, 2016

I came here twice to take the food away. I have to say the food is tasty and the portions are very generous.
    The staff is friendly.

Vim aqui duas vezes para levar a comida. Devo dizer que a comida é saborosa e as doses são muito favoráveis.
    Os funcionários são agradáveis.

Bali Thai: Spicy Indonesian Food

by Avieira67 Updated Jun 17, 2016

This restaurant, located in the food court of this shopping centre, offers many traditional Indonesian dishes, including Ayam Bali, Bakwan Jagung and Rendang.
    I ordered Tempeh Orek, a dish made with fermented soybean, along with plain rice. It was delicious.
    The service is very good.

The Factory: Cheap and good food

by Avieira67 Updated Jun 12, 2016

Definitively the cheapest place to have lunch. For just CAD 4.95 you can order any dish.
    Draft beer from CAD 4.0

Sem dúvida nenhuma é o lugar mais barato para se almoçar. Por apenas 4.95 CAD pode pedir qualquer prato.
    Cerveja à pressão a partir de 4.0 CAD.

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo

Sun Po Kong: Vegetarian ~ Chinese

by kenHuocj Written May 27, 2016

Vegetarian DimSum, a change from the usual Siew Mai, phoenox claws, spareribs,
    But the Char Sie Bao with mushrooms had the same flavour and texture.
    Flavours amazing,
    Yams, bean curd, mushroom, turnips were the raw ingredients converted to attractive dishes, freshly fired or streamed.
    'Nam gwah' squash

$55 including tip for 5, and service prompt , attentive and friendly

Favorite Dish: Need to return for another try of the other items on the
    Eighty order sheet,

View of Sun Po Kong Crispy yam, crispy rice and Cheung fuhn Noddles with bean curd rolls and vegetables Congee Steamed turnip

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

Phomn Penh: Cambodian

by Jim_Eliason Updated Feb 27, 2016

Great Cambodian restaurant in Chinatown. The traditional pumpkin soup is highly recommended. The menu is a collection of Cambodian and Vietnamese dishes. Great restaurant and highly recommended to visit.

Phomn Penh

• Ann75's Profile Photo

Choo Choo's Restaurant: Great place for families with kids

by Ann75 Written Feb 13, 2016

We have been here several time for lunch with friends and our daughter who is 5 now. We have been going here since she was about 3 years old. It's a restaurant with a train theme, very cool! Our daughter likes Thomas the Tank, so I think she must have been in train heaven when we stepped inside this restaurant. Once we stepped inside there was a counter with desserts and on top of the counter were tons of toy trains. Children can grab a few trains to take to the table. There is actually a playroom in the restaurant that is set up with tables for the parents to eat and in the middle is a big table filled with train toys. So, if you don't mind sitting in the same room with other families and kids this is the spot to go to. We choose a more quiet booth to sit as our daughter was over the moon with her few trains she could bring to the table. There is also a train that goes around a track through the restaurant close to the ceiling. It really is a great place for children and I must say that it was very quiet in the restaurant even though there were quite a few kids there...it must have been all those train toys and the train decor. This place offers all kinds of foods and has great children's menu's as well.

Favorite Dish: Okay, now on to the food. We ordered some starters first to split between all of us. We ordered the chicken tenders with 2 different dips and we had the mac'n cheese stix (macaroni and cheese breaded and deep fried) with 2 different dips as well. Both of these starters were very tasty. Our daughter loved the chicken tenders. As a main course we had the clubhouse sandwich and the roast beef sandwich (this one was the special of the day, I believe). Both were delicious and served with yummy french fries...almost as good as the ones I am used to from Belgium! ;) Other times we have been here we had the deep fried pickles (to die for!), onion rings, fish and chips and some of their burgers. All dishes are very tasty, we never had a bad dish over here yet! Of course when we came in we spotted the dessert counter and they have several delicious in house made cheese cakes. One time we ordered the cream soda cheese cake which was out of this world and another time we had some pecan, chocolate, caramel cheese cake or something...wow, so good as well!

The dessert counter and toys to choose from Delicious deep fried pickles Turkey club sandwich The delicious cream soda cheese cake Some of the interior at Choo Choo's

The Dockside: Higher End Food on Granville Island

by glabah Written Feb 7, 2016

Built into the Granville Island Hotel, this restaurant is primarily known for its specialization in seafood. However, it also has its own brewery as part of its operations here. There is a patio with a nice view of the southern side of Vancouver. The restaurant is a popular place for groups, and so sometimes the areas with the best view and/or the patio are taken.

Sunday morning brunch typically has live blues music.

Considering all that it has to offer, including the food that has won awards and the skyline view, the price of the food is probably quite reasonable.

Dockside has Expected Atmosphere of Prices Dockside Outdoor Patio at Night Small Sign on Granville Island Inn for Restaurant Zucchini Ribbons for $19 Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake for $10

Waves Coffee House: A Few Breakfast Food Options

by glabah Written Feb 7, 2016

Other than to say that this is sort of a typical Pacific Northwest coffeehouse, I'm not sure what else to say about the offerings here. The breakfast burrito / wrap is probably the best option for a meal beyond the usual pastries and similar that are typically available at coffee shops. They have good things, but if you are looking for a more substantial breakfast you are likely to want a different type of establishment.

There are a number of Waves Coffee Houses scattered around the city, with there being about six of them just in the downtown core area. They aren't quite as plentiful as Tim Horton's, but there are still a number of them.

Waves Coffee House at Pender and Main Breakfast Burrito and Orange Juice for $7

Pizza Garden: Economical Place for Slices of Pizza

by glabah Written Feb 4, 2016

There are a number of different locations for this restaurant, but the downtown location is quite close to the main tourist shopping street through downtown Vancouver. The pizza is quite good (they boast on their web site about making their own crusts with flour imported from Italy), and if you are buying just pizza slices this can be a very economical place to eat compared to a number of the restaurants in the area.

Keep in mind that the pizza by the slice varies from hour to hour, so you may not necessarily find your exact choice available in the cabinet when you stop by.

At this location on Smithe Street be warned that there are only three or so tables, but most of the business is takeout of entire pizza.

Pizza Garden on Smithe Street is Economical Food Two Slices of Pizza at Pizza Garden

Dockside Restaurant Granville Island Hotel: Pricey Fine Dining Granville Island

by aussirose Written Dec 18, 2015

I can't believe that this Restaurant is not in the VT pick list? It is very popular I believe in Vancouver.

The Dockside Restaurant is attached to the Granville Island Hotel so I thought it would be a good place to hold my mini VT meet and photo shoot.

Well maybe it would have got a better review from me had we not been refined to the inside due to a wedding function :o(

Well the food was ok, but not quite what you would expect from a fine dining experience. But I guess I would be willing to try again should we be seated outside with that lovely view :o)

Dockside Restaurant Vancouver VT Meet by aussirose Dockside Restaurant Granville Island by aussirose Dockside Restaurant Granville Island by aussirose Dockside Restaurant Granville Island by aussirose Dockside Restaurant Granville Island by aussirose
    • Luxury Travel

Off The Tracks Cafe Granville Island: Best Breakky in Town

by aussirose Written Dec 18, 2015

Breakfast wasn't included in our stay with Granville Island Hotel so consequently the price for having breakfast at the Hotel each day was adding up.

So we decided to check out what else Granville Island had to offer.

That was when we discovered Off the Tracks. Looked busy..... the smell of coffee was enticing and they had an upstairs bit. So we went in.

Yuuuuum! Check out my pictures. Sorry, slopped my coffee whilst walking up the stairs haha but the food was divine :o) I had a vegetarian breakfast which was totally different to what I have had before..... Soooo nice! :o)

Well guess you can say that I totally recommend this place for the best breakky in town!

Off The Tracks Cafe Granville Island by aussirose Off The Tracks Cafe Granville Island by aussirose Off The Tracks Cafe Granville Island by aussirose Off The Tracks Cafe Granville Island by aussirose

Bowen Island Doc Morgans Pub: Favourite Restaurant in Vancouver by aussirose

by aussirose Updated Dec 18, 2015

I am sure you have already read my travelogue on our day out to the lovely Bowen Island. In that travelogue I mentioned that we got kicked out of a Pub up the road because we had a minor with us. No problem. Their loss.

Anyway, we are glad of that because we walked back down the hill and through an alleyway to the marina and discovered Doc Morgans. Can't miss it if you walk past the boats in the Marina.

Well, I can't rave enough about this place. The food was mouth watering (my mouth is watering right now ;0) - check out my photos. The local beer is good..... and the view from the outside verandah where we sat, tops it off! :o)

Plus the staff are attentative and friendly. Doesn't get any better :o)

Doc Morgans Bowen Island Vancouver by aussirose Doc Morgans Bowen Island Vancouver by aussirose Doc Morgans Bowen Island Vancouver by aussirose Doc Morgans Bowen Island Vancouver by aussirose Doc Morgans Bowen Island Vancouver by aussirose
    • Beer Tasting

Granville Island Brewing Company: Best Beer Tastings in Town

by aussirose Written Dec 18, 2015

Ok, best Pub number 2 :o)

Granville Island Brewing boasts as being the first every Micro Brewery in Canada.

We didn't eat here..... probably should have instead of the Dockside at Granville Island Hotel. Now there's a tip for you :o)

However we did stop by one afternoon to try their beers. Pretty darn good! The tastings is nice to do. They bring out a mat with the beers listed and you get to choose 4. Then they bring out the 4 and stick them on their places on the mat - see my picture below.

I do distinctly remember ....lol... that I liked a beer that tasted like bananas. Totally yummy! :o)

Granville Island Brewery by aussirose Granville Island Brewery by aussirose Granville Island Brewery by aussirose Granville Island Brewery by aussirose Granville Island Brewery by aussirose
    • Beer Tasting

• cinthya_in_victoria's Profile Photo

everywhere: Street taste

by cinthya_in_victoria Written Jan 4, 2008

I didn't eat in many restaurants in Vancouver but I ate in small ones or family owned. Try the Crepes au Paris, street pizza, etc. A great opportunity to interact with the average locals and save money!

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Have coffee before crossing the bridge!

by joiwatani Written Sep 30, 2007

It's kind of cold and chilly at the park when we visited Capilano Suspension Bridge. The weather was kind of overcast and there's a lot of fog coming in. I was glad to bring an extra jacket with me!

Ashley asked if I needed some coffee when I was putting on my jacket. I told her that I neded some venti cafe americano with room for cream and two packets of sugar! That's how I liked my coffee! It was nice that there is a coffee shop inside the gate of the bridge. I was warm afterwards and ready to cross the longest suspension bridge in the world!

The tourists getting coffee Ashley drinking coffee

Vancouver Hotels

• Opus Hotel

A contemporary hotel located in the very cosmopolitan Yaletown. Top-notch service from a very...

• St. Regis Hotel

The St Regis is a wonderful gem in the core of Vancouver where one can easily enjoy the sidewalk...

• L'Hermitage Hotel

A great hotel from start to finish. Excellent rooms are very comfortable. Service is 5 star and all...

Latest Vancouver Hotel Reviews

The Hotel at Terminal City Club
The Listel Hotel
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 5 Reviews

Instant Answers: Vancouver

Comments

Vancouver Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Vancouver locals.
Map of Vancouver