Map &

Been here?
Rate it

Top Tours

2-Day Victoria and Butchart Gardens Tour with Overnight at the Inn at Laurel Point
From CAD468.00
Viator Exclusive: 2-day Victoria and Butchart Gardens Tour with Overnight at The Fairmont Empress
From CAD493.00
Vancouver City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
From CAD45.00

Steamworks Tips (11)

Steamworks Micro Brewery Vancouver: Best Beer in Town & Yummy Chilli Wings

I vote this Pub Number 1 in Vancouver. We visited 3 breweries in Vancouver and this was by far the best..... although Granville Island Brewery came a close second (see my other tip).

But.... not only were the beers great (my favourite being the Pale Ale), but the food was delicious! My mouth is watering big time whilst writing this tip :o)

We came back a second time just because Jesse and I loved the chilli chicken wing nibbles coupled with a nice lime mayonnaise..... mmmmm, devine :o)

Steamworks is located right beside Canada Place and basically the start of Gastown so you cannot miss it.

aussirose's Profile Photo
Dec 18, 2015

Steamworks Brewery: Great place for lunch and a good beer

We've had lunch here several times and the food has always been good, the atmosphere is great and the decor is also quite nice. Usually the service is excellent, the staff is friendly and very accommodating to your wishes.

On weekends it can get pretty busy here and we've noticed that they don't always get the order right when it's very busy. They left in the tomatoes that we didn't want in there, we didn't get the extra side sauces that we initially ordered...but after a quick mention when they get back to your table they are very apologetic and it gets taken care off and that's the main thing. I do understand that it's hard for the servers when it's crazy busy to keep up with every single little thing.

All in all we love it here, but prefer to go in during the weekdays or in the winter time in the weekends when it's a bit less busy.

Favorite Dish The last time we were here it was in October when my family from Belgium was visiting. We had the following dishes:

*California chicken burger with grilled chicken breast, smoked applewood cheddar, double smoked bacon, guacamole, mayo, tomato, shredded lettuce, grilled parmesan black sesame brioche bun

*Steamworks signature angus burger with a beef patty, smoked bacon, cheese, mayo, lettuce, tomato and sliced pickle on a grilled parmesan black sesame brioche bun

*Turkey Club which had turkey breast, bacon, lettuce, mayo, guacamole and tomato on toasted cranberry sourdough bread...really tasty!

These meals were are very good and we all enjoyed it.

Ann75's Profile Photo
Jan 24, 2013

Steamworks: Another good option in Gastown

My friend Catherine and I decided to have lunch at Steamworks, a pub/brewery located at the edge of Gastown. We decided to go there because we felt like eating outside and Steamworks has a great patio, but we weren't too sure what to expect in terms of food. We ended up sharing a pesto pizza and it was really good, and so was the home-brewed beer (I had the Lions Gate lager). After our meal we went inside to check out the brewery and saw that the place was divided into different sections, each with its own really nice ambience (there's a lounge, a dining room, and oyster bar and a wine room). Seemed like a nice place to hang out on a Friday night!

Favorite Dish Steamworks brews 6 regular beers, and a few seasonal ones. You should give them a try!

Jefie's Profile Photo
Jan 26, 2008

Steamworks: Great Atmosphere

The place was lively without being loud and bust without being crowded. Steamworks had a working brewery within the building but was mere geared towards the restaurant. The servers were all young and enrgetic which helped add to the overall mood of the place. There were numerous tv's around the rooms, some with sports, others with news as well as dart boards and pool tables. All in all, steamworks seemed to be very much like the city itself as it had a hip yet laid back atmosphere. Definately a place worth visiting.

Favorite Dish Try the beer soup. I know it may sound unappealing, but trust me, it is not just warmed up beer with noodles and veggies.
Basically what they do is take any soup recipe and replace the water with beer which is mostly water anyways. Trust me, it is far more tastier than you might think. I had ordered it simply for the novelty of having beer soup however I would order it again given the opportunity as it was so tasty.

lazyman_1's Profile Photo

210 Abbott Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6B 2K8, Canada
541 Homer Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6B 2V6, Canada
347 West Pender Street, Vancouver, V6B 1T3, Canada

Steamworks: Great Burgers and Brew

Great location down by the cruise ship terminal gives you plenty to look at if you are seated upstairs by the large windows. We sat down in the brew area adjacent to where they practice their fine craft of brewing. Great upscale pub menu. Relaxing atmosphere. Great brew - try the lagers.

Jun 09, 2006

Steamworks: Watch for the Seasonals

My most recent 9-to-5 gig (damn I hate those) was right near Steamworks so I would pop in after work a lot to check out the beers. As a beer writer, I can say this: The regular brews aren't what they used to be back when Shirley Warne brewed here but the seasonals are generally of high calibre. Heroica Oatmeal Stout is the top regular brew, but seasonals like Roggenweizen, Pilsner or Ipanema White are well worth seeking out.

The place itself has a lot going for it. The views of the harbour and North Shore are great, the library corner atmospheric and spiral staircase awesome. The staff are generally helpful and the bartenders actually know about the beers, which is always a plus. One thing: I honestly have eaten here once, several years ago. I'm a beer writer, so I'm usually on a mission when I come here.

Favorite Dish Roggenweizen - An excellent rye beer made with hefeweizen yeast. It is sweet, with requisite banana notes, a little bit of toasty, earthy maltiness and spice (cinnamon, clove). It is funky, yet like all such beers fairly approachable as well. Look for it in the early springtime.

RB_Oakes's Profile Photo
Apr 16, 2005

Steamworks Brewery: Steamworks Brewery

Steamworks is a popular brew pub in Gastown and therefor attracts equal amounts of tourists as it does locals. They brew their own beer and they have many choices to choose from. They also have outdoor patio seating, an upstairs lounge with tables & bar seating, two rooms downstairs for restaurant seating, a downstairs pub-style seating, pool tables, an open kitchen, an open brewery (you watch the guys making the beer), and amazing bronze & wooden decor. (Keep an eye out for the gargoyles!). The view out the window to the mountains and Burrard Inlet is a nice little bonus too!

Favorite Dish They brew their own beer here! You can get anything from the imported and domestic brands, to their own Cascadia Cream Ale, Lions Gate Lager, Nirvana Nut Brown Ale, and Blitzen Christmas Ale (to name a few!). My personal favourite, when in season, is their Frambozen, which is a wonderful dark raspberry beer. The Buffalo chicken wings and the garlic fries are excellent for snacks to go with your drinks. For lunch, it's a toss between their smoked salmon quesadillas, the grilled chicken skewers in spicy Indonesian peanut sauce, or their chorizo sausage linguini. Even their burgers are top quality. You can't go wrong here.

Carmanah's Profile Photo
Mar 03, 2005

Steamworks Brewing Company: Nice enough I guess

This is a pretty touristic brewpub, we came for lunch and the food was OK but the beer was a bit disapointing. I was expecting great things because it's quite expensive but while drinkable enough it wasn't outstanding. Nonetheless this place is very comfortable and you could spend a long time here tasting all the different drinks they brew. If you're a connesieur or a member of CAMRA I feel you're going to hate this place. Seemed to be a load of tourists there when we went (we were just visiting too) but it is in a good downtown location.

aqazi's Profile Photo
Jun 04, 2004

Top 5 Vancouver Writers

Carmanah's Profile Photo

"A Local's Perspective"
rmdw's Profile Photo

"Vancouver, BC - Canada's Pacific Gem!"
jamiesno's Profile Photo

"Vancouver, BC, Canada!"
spitball's Profile Photo

"Vancouver, my current home"
joiwatani's Profile Photo

"Vancouver,the best neighbor city of the USA!"

Steamworks Brewing Company: Brew Pub

If you drink in various Vancouver pubs, eventually you'll run into some that serve beer made by the Steamworks Brewing Company is Gastown.

If you go to the location shown here, you can sample these beers, as well as enjoy a great meal near the water.

Favorite Dish The burgers are great here.

duanestorey's Profile Photo
Apr 12, 2003

Steamworks Brewing Co.: Steamworks Brewing Co.

Even though I am not a fan of beer, this place is famous for it's own brewed beer. The atmosphere is very laid back, while still keeping a classy air about it. It is situated at the tip of historic Gastown, and the inside is beautifully done. All this, the prices are very good, and service is superb! The picture is of myself (I'm in the middle)and some friends (Tom, Adam, Kevin, Jan, and Amber) in the restaurant.

Favorite Dish Everything on this menu is fantastic! I would say they specialise in a sort of West Coast way--lots of fish, grilled meats, pastas, etc.

unigirl's Profile Photo
Aug 25, 2002

The name of a good restaurant...

The name of a good restaurant is Steamworks Pub. It sounds like a normal beer pub, but it serves great food too.
The restaurant boasts it's beer. I'd have to say that the beer is very good considering I prefer hard liquor. Whenever my old college friends visit me, I always take them here. The sceanario always ends up with them getting drunk and throwing up in my car.

Favorite Dish I've been twice and so far, my favourite dish is the Santa Fe Salad. It contains chicken, guacamole, and nacho chips. If that sounds good or even worth trying, you should go there.

Aug 24, 2002

Things To Do Near Steamworks

Things to do

Vancouver Lookout (Harbour Centre)

Almost every major city these days has some large tower with a view of the city offered. The Lookout is the Vancouver version of this attraction. The top floor is a restaurant, and the bottom floor is...
Things to do

Gastown is a modern and trendy residential neighborhood with boutiques, tourist shops, restaurants, and clubs. Gastown is a hub for technology and new media. Popular annual events that take place on...

Coal Harbour

Coal Harbour is downtown Vancouver's most recent residential area. High-rise glass buildings have sprouted like mushrooms over the past 15 years, thus creating quite a unique cityscape - at least for...

Vancouver Trolley Company

The Vancouver Trolley Company goes through Downtown Vancouver. It shows the touristic places. When you have a day pass, you can hop on and off the Trolley when you like (as long as you show your...

Novo Pizzeria

Italians will be delighted and not food bashing at this enchanting, rustic, gorgeously authentic hand made pasta and pizza pie parlor crafted from a pizza and pasta obsessive-turned-professional-chef...

Canada Place

While a large number of people buy tickets for the Flyover Canada attraction that operates inside Canada Place, the entire exterior walkway on the west side of Canada Place includes quite a number of...

Getting to Steamworks