Map &

Private Tour: Vancouver City Sightseeing
From CAD104.00

water & beaches Tips (8)

Salmon Fishing

Chartering boats and heading out onto the water is a fairly common in VanC. I took my sister and brother inlaw on a fishing trip.there are many companies orgaising group excursions around Granville Island and Steveston. We went with Bonnie Lee out of Granville Island. The trip lasts 5 hours min which allows plenty of time to catch the local Chinook Salmon. While on the water you'll get a great panoramic view of the city and you;ll see plenty of wildlife from the seals (who will try and eat your catch) to birds and maybe whales! figure on around $100 - $150 per person depending on the number in the group. Of course you need to be wary of the weather as the waters get get rough and of course the rain. The guides here are excellent and you can get your fish smoked, frozen, tinned or prepared anyway you like it for your trip home.

aqazi's Profile Photo
Apr 30, 2006

Ski Tube

If water skiing is not quite for you, you can experience almost the same thrill by being towed on a tube behind a boat. To be sure, the boat driver still requires some skill in maneuvering the boat, but the rider pretty much just has to hang on an enjoy the ride. It’s not just circular tubes any more either. An amazing variety of towable water sports devices are available.

penumbra's Profile Photo
Aug 27, 2005

Go Sailing or PowerBoating!

Cooper Boating lets locals and visitors charter sailboats and powerboats from their central Granville Island Marina. The very friendly staff went out of their way to help a friend of mine visiting from California.

Too many people who set foot in Vancouver never get out into the amazing ocean that is so much a part of what the city is all about!

rmdw's Profile Photo
Jul 25, 2005

Charter a Sailboat!

I was hijacked and taken aboard this 28ft sailboat for a evening of cruising the harbour. Jeremy, the skipper went out of his way to make this boating adventure one we will never forget.
It began by a cruise into the harbor around Stanley Park out in the bay watching the sunset below the horizon. It was a great experience and very romantic. About a 4 hour excursion but you can book longer.

Equipment Bring Layers. It gets chilly!

EGitan's Profile Photo
Jun 30, 2005
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Vancouver

898 West Broadway, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5Z 1J8, Canada
2006 West 14th Ave, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6J 2K4, Canada
711 West Broadway, @ Heather Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5Z 3Y2, Canada
1253 Johnston Street, Granville Island, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6H 3R9, Canada
205 Kingsway, (formerly Comfort Inn), Vancouver, British Columbia, V5T 3J5, Canada
322 Davie Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6B 5Z6, Canada

This is a very large swimming complex in Richmond (south of Vancouver). It has a large swimming and diving pool with a hot tub, wave and kiddie pools as well. Two large waterslides loom overhead. Off to the side are the sauna and steam rooms. I've been to many of the aquatic venues in Vancouver but this is one of the best and admission is VERY reasonable!

Equipment swimming suit and towel. A quarter for locker use if you want.

RickL's Profile Photo
Sep 05, 2004

Summer; Vancouver's got a growing bike culture (both road and mountain), so if you're a roadie, definitely pack your bike to head out around Richmond or the North Shore mountains (90 km rides).

Off-roadies will definitely want to hit our North Shore mountains, or for the less vertically inclined, try the trails at UBC's (University of British Columbia) pacific spirit park.

Equipment Helmets are mandatory - it's illegal to ride without one and you'll get a fine.

ct-bound's Profile Photo
Mar 13, 2004

Da Beach

Wreck beach is quite surprising. I lived for a full year just above it and let me tell you...lots of weirdos...

There's even some that live there year round...better not disturb them at night.

One thing that I'll remember for life is a hardcore nudist that was fully dressed except for a small spot somewhere in the middle of his shorts...quite surprising...

ChuckG's Profile Photo
May 14, 2003

If you're in the Kitsilano area, you can stop by and see the Kits Sailing Club. I'm in the process of getting a membership there, so if you find me, maybe I'll take you out sailing on the water this summer! I still need to pass a course, but once that's done, I'll be able to take a few of the boats out on my own.

Equipment There are many boats at the Kits sailing club, but unfortunately, you need to be a member to use them. So, sign up now, or find someone like me to take you out!

duanestorey's Profile Photo
Apr 12, 2003

Top 5 Vancouver Writers

Carmanah's Profile Photo

"A Local's Perspective"
rmdw's Profile Photo

"Vancouver, BC - Canada's Pacific Gem!"
jamiesno's Profile Photo

"Vancouver, BC, Canada!"
spitball's Profile Photo

"Vancouver, my current home"
joiwatani's Profile Photo

"Vancouver,the best neighbor city of the USA!"

Things To Do Near Vancouver

South Granville Rise

South Granville (also called "South Granville Rise") is an upscale shopping district south of downtown Vancouver. The heart of South Granville's commercial area spans along Granville Street between...

VanDusen Botanical Gardens

Vancouver's wet climate produces some of the most lush gardens in North America. Because of the climate and the mild temperatures, Vancouver's gardens are vibrant and green year round. This is unlike...

Bloedel Conservatory

The Bloedel Conservatory is a small round building located in Queen Elizabeth Park. I had read another Mother's review of it online and figured it would be a great place to spend an afternoon with our...

Queen Elizabeth Park

The Bloedel Conservatory is located in Queen Elizabeth Park at the top of Little Mountain. It is a large dome overlooking the city and the mountains. Inside this dome is a large temperature controlled...

Totem Poles

Located in the northeast area of Stanley Park, the First Nations artwork area is most famous for its totem poles. However, there are also several other pieces of artwork here. This includes a Story...

Granville Island

Enjoyed all of the restaurants & shops. This was a real foodie paradise with markets, gourmet shops and all sorts of items cooking. We took a water taxi to Granville and the trolley back to our hotel.

Getting to Vancouver

We don't yet have an address for this Sports & Outdoors. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Sports & Outdoors. Help us improve our info!