Santiago's, Victoria

Santiago's businesscard

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Santiago's Cafe: Popular restaurant at the Inner Harbour

by pieter_jan_v Updated Oct 7, 2012

Santiago's Cafe is a popular cafe and restaurant with a mainly Mexican kitchen, although you can enjoy a range of other foreign food as well. Service is very friendly and informal.
    It's a great place to have an afternoon meeting or to enjoy your evening main course.

Be aware that it can be crowded at times and that there is limited seating (and sometimes limited service).

Address: 660 Oswego St. - Victoria, BC V8V 4W9

Directions: Santiago's is just off the street that that goes in front of the Parliment buildings (Belville.) Head West toward the US ferry.

Phone: +1-250-3887376

Santiag's Cafe - Victoria BC Santiago's Cafe - Interior Santiago's businesscard
    • Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Santiago's: Tapas, Mexican and more

by Dabs Updated Apr 4, 2011

Close to throwing a temper tantrum because Robert didn't feed me on time, we FINALLY arrived at Santiago's with mere moments to spare before I had a total meltdown ;-)

The restaurant wasn't terribly busy when we arrived, the service was friendly and prompt.

Favorite Dish: Santiago's menu is inspired by the cuisine of South America and Spain with a mix of tapas (small plates), Mexican and local seafood including a wide selection of mussel and prawn dishes. I narrowed my choice down to the salmon medallion special and pesto mussels in a white wine garlic cream sauce and the mussels won, they were quite good.

We had a basket of tortilla chips with salsa, sour cream and guacamole as an appetizer, which staved off the hunger.

Address: 660 Oswego Street

Directions: Santiago's is just off the street that that goes in front of the Parliment buildings (Belvelle.) Head West toward the US ferry.

Phone: (250) 388-7376

Pesto Mussels at Santiago's Burrito at Santiago's

• Santiago's: Walk strait past this restaurant and on to the nex

by PaperAirplanes Written Aug 10, 2008

My mother had the Santiago's Benny, and said it was a Mexican twist on Eggs Benedict. She said it was good but not the best she's had. I ordered the french toast, it was cold and hard to chew (straight from the freezer and reheated), the butter that it was served with was frozen, maple syrup in small package. Not too mention our service was bad, price was overall too expensive for what you could've made at your room.

Would never go here again.

They had a very appealing lunch menu, easy to eat for vegetarians who want to risk possibly bad food.

Directions: Santiago's is off Oswego and Bellville, on the side of Gatsby's/Huntingdons Manor.

• Santiago's: Walk strait past this restaurant and on to the nex

by PaperAirplanes Written Aug 10, 2008

Would never go here again.

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Santiago's: What a treat!

by melodypenn Written Jan 2, 2008

The hotel reccomended Santiago's. A quaint little building houses this eatery with a bohemian feeling inside. The staff was friendly and fun. Our meal was absolutley devine! We came back every day of our vaction!! Breakfast was great but the meal I reccomend is dinner. The Polenta with grilled chicken is to DIE FOR. It is served with black beans and cocomut rice covered with salsa and sour cream. I tried as hard as I could but could not eat all that was offered.
    We will definatley return to this establishment. Thank you Santiago's!

Favorite Dish: Polenta with grilled chicken. The meal is large, you might need to share!

Address: Oswego St.

• Santiago's: More Good Mexican in Victoria

by Jetgirly Updated Aug 10, 2007

My friend and I decided to visit Santiago's one night, after desperately searching for a restaurant we had never been to before. We arrived at Santiago's around 7:00 pm and found it totally packed. However, as soon as a family left their table for four, the two of us were seated (we're size six and had to SQUEEZE between chairs and beams to reach the table; the proximity of tables in this restaurant means that plus-sized customers may feel quite awkward). Table clothes are made from paper and crayons are provided; we chose to spend the time before our meal illustrating scenes of the industrial and agricultural revolutions (why that seemed like a good idea at the time, I don't know).

We started the meal with some of their delicious tortilla chips (freshly made) and salsa (perfect, not too liquidy with large pieces of tomatoes and lots of cilantro). My friend and I both went for burritos with side salads. My vegetarian burrito was fantastic and my friend reported that hers was good as well. To celebrate finding a good restaurant we ordered sauteed bananas in caramel sauce for dessert - delish! We ordered a half pitcher of sangria to accompany our meals, and this seemed to involve bringing us two huge glasses and pouring half of a full pitcher into the glasses, leaving half the pitcher still full on the table!

On a more recent visit, I decided to try something new and ordered their polenta (plus an extra wedge). The reddish-orange polenta wedges with sundried tomatoes, corn and sweet peppers baked inside arrived on a bed of black beans and coconut rice, topped with loads of warm salsa and sour cream. It was a delicious dish that would have been perfect for sharing between two people, perhaps along with a shared taco salad or a shared half-order of nachos. Everyone I was with raved about their meals and vowed to return shortly.

Address: 660 Oswego Street.

Directions: Santiago's is just off the street that that goes in front of the Parliment buildings (Belleville). It's just up the street from the horse-drawn carriage stations.

Phone: (250) 388-7376

• Beer Tasting

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Santiago's: A mi me gusta Santiago's!

by Jefie Written Jul 11, 2007

When my friend's aunt suggested we get together at Santiago's for dinner, I could not have been more thrilled since I love Latin food and it was one of the restaurants Rob ("rmdw") had recommended. When we got there the place was packed and we immediately loved the colorful atmosphere and friendly staff. I think everybody was a bit surprised to see that Latin food only made up part of the menu - mussels and numerous Asian dishes were on there as well. But our mind was pretty much made up even before we sat down so we quickly ordered a pitcher of sangria and we all went for Latin food. I think everybody was pleased with what they ordered, and perhaps me most of all since I'd finally found a restaurant that offered black beans & rice as a main dish!

Favorite Dish: Black beans and rice - I can't get enough of it!

Address: 660 Oswego St.

Directions: Walk down Belleville St. past the Legislature Buildings and turn left onto Oswego St., Santiago's will be the first building on your right.

Phone: 250-388-7376

Santiago's in Victoria, BC A good meal in great company!

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Santiago's: Best Latin food in Victoria!

by rmdw Written Jul 9, 2004

Santiago's is one of my favourite restaurants in Victoria. It was started by an ex-Canadian Airlines flight attendant who travelled the world. I guess he picked up some great recipes because the food here is fantastic! It's much better than any Mexican restaurant in Victoria or Vancouver.

Highly recommended!

Address: 660 Oswego St, Victoria

Directions: From in front of the Legislative Buildings head two blocks West (away from the Empress), and turn left. It's 1/2 block away.

Phone: 250.388.7376

Santiago's Restaurant

• d_renfroe's Profile Photo

Santiago's: Santiago's

by d_renfroe Written Aug 25, 2002

Santiago's is a small bright cafe that offers reasonably priced and unusual Mediterranean and Latin American fare. - friendly staff and a fun atmoshere.

Favorite Dish: Pollo Naraja (Chicken with Oranges)
    -very different, very good.

Instant Answers: Victoria