Map &

Victoria Grand City Private Tour and Craigdarroch Castle
From CAD168.00

Santiago's Tips (9)

Santiago's Cafe: Popular restaurant at the Inner Harbour

Santiago's Cafe is a popular cafe and restaurant with a mainly Mexican kitchen, although you can enjoy a range of other foreign food as well. Service is very friendly and informal.
It's a great place to have an afternoon meeting or to enjoy your evening main course.

Be aware that it can be crowded at times and that there is limited seating (and sometimes limited service).

pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
pieter_jan_v
Oct 07, 2012

Santiago's: Tapas, Mexican and more

Close to throwing a temper tantrum because Robert didn't feed me on time, we FINALLY arrived at Santiago's with mere moments to spare before I had a total meltdown ;-)

The restaurant wasn't terribly busy when we arrived, the service was friendly and prompt.

Favorite Dish Santiago's menu is inspired by the cuisine of South America and Spain with a mix of tapas (small plates), Mexican and local seafood including a wide selection of mussel and prawn dishes. I narrowed my choice down to the salmon medallion special and pesto mussels in a white wine garlic cream sauce and the mussels won, they were quite good.

We had a basket of tortilla chips with salsa, sour cream and guacamole as an appetizer, which staved off the hunger.

Dabs's Profile Photo
Dabs
Apr 04, 2011

Santiago's: Walk strait past this restaurant and on to the nex

My mother had the Santiago's Benny, and said it was a Mexican twist on Eggs Benedict. She said it was good but not the best she's had. I ordered the french toast, it was cold and hard to chew (straight from the freezer and reheated), the butter that it was served with was frozen, maple syrup in small package. Not too mention our service was bad, price was overall too expensive for what you could've made at your room.

Would never go here again.

They had a very appealing lunch menu, easy to eat for vegetarians who want to risk possibly bad food.

PaperAirplanes
Aug 10, 2008

Santiago's: Walk strait past this restaurant and on to the nex

Would never go here again.

PaperAirplanes

330 Quebec Street, Victoria, British Columbia, V8V 1W3, Canada
309 Belleville St, Victoria, British Columbia, V8V 1X2, Canada
412 Quebec Street, Victoria, British Columbia, V8V 1W5, Canada
425 Quebec St, Victoria, British Columbia, V8V 1W7, Canada

Santiago's: What a treat!

The hotel reccomended Santiago's. A quaint little building houses this eatery with a bohemian feeling inside. The staff was friendly and fun. Our meal was absolutley devine! We came back every day of our vaction!! Breakfast was great but the meal I reccomend is dinner. The Polenta with grilled chicken is to DIE FOR. It is served with black beans and cocomut rice covered with salsa and sour cream. I tried as hard as I could but could not eat all that was offered.
We will definatley return to this establishment. Thank you Santiago's!

Favorite Dish Polenta with grilled chicken. The meal is large, you might need to share!

melodypenn
Jan 02, 2008

Santiago's: More Good Mexican in Victoria

My friend and I decided to visit Santiago's one night, after desperately searching for a restaurant we had never been to before. We arrived at Santiago's around 7:00 pm and found it totally packed. However, as soon as a family left their table for four, the two of us were seated (we're size six and had to SQUEEZE between chairs and beams to reach the table; the proximity of tables in this restaurant means that plus-sized customers may feel quite awkward). Table clothes are made from paper and crayons are provided; we chose to spend the time before our meal illustrating scenes of the industrial and agricultural revolutions (why that seemed like a good idea at the time, I don't know).

We started the meal with some of their delicious tortilla chips (freshly made) and salsa (perfect, not too liquidy with large pieces of tomatoes and lots of cilantro). My friend and I both went for burritos with side salads. My vegetarian burrito was fantastic and my friend reported that hers was good as well. To celebrate finding a good restaurant we ordered sauteed bananas in caramel sauce for dessert - delish! We ordered a half pitcher of sangria to accompany our meals, and this seemed to involve bringing us two huge glasses and pouring half of a full pitcher into the glasses, leaving half the pitcher still full on the table!

On a more recent visit, I decided to try something new and ordered their polenta (plus an extra wedge). The reddish-orange polenta wedges with sundried tomatoes, corn and sweet peppers baked inside arrived on a bed of black beans and coconut rice, topped with loads of warm salsa and sour cream. It was a delicious dish that would have been perfect for sharing between two people, perhaps along with a shared taco salad or a shared half-order of nachos. Everyone I was with raved about their meals and vowed to return shortly.

Jetgirly
Aug 10, 2007

Santiago's: A mi me gusta Santiago's!

When my friend's aunt suggested we get together at Santiago's for dinner, I could not have been more thrilled since I love Latin food and it was one of the restaurants Rob ("rmdw") had recommended. When we got there the place was packed and we immediately loved the colorful atmosphere and friendly staff. I think everybody was a bit surprised to see that Latin food only made up part of the menu - mussels and numerous Asian dishes were on there as well. But our mind was pretty much made up even before we sat down so we quickly ordered a pitcher of sangria and we all went for Latin food. I think everybody was pleased with what they ordered, and perhaps me most of all since I'd finally found a restaurant that offered black beans & rice as a main dish!

Favorite Dish Black beans and rice - I can't get enough of it!

Jefie's Profile Photo
Jefie
Jul 11, 2007

Santiago's: Best Latin food in Victoria!

Santiago's is one of my favourite restaurants in Victoria. It was started by an ex-Canadian Airlines flight attendant who travelled the world. I guess he picked up some great recipes because the food here is fantastic! It's much better than any Mexican restaurant in Victoria or Vancouver.

Highly recommended!

Jetgirly

"Very Victoria"
glabah's Profile Photo

glabah

"Facing the Weather and the Mountains"
Jefie's Profile Photo

Jefie

"A Canadian city with a British twist!"
Greggor58's Profile Photo

Greggor58

"A Trip Home is ALWAYS GREAT !!"
richiecdisc's Profile Photo

richiecdisc

"Quenching the Thirst of a Glorious Past: Victoria"

Santiago's: Santiago's

Santiago's is a small bright cafe that offers reasonably priced and unusual Mediterranean and Latin American fare. - friendly staff and a fun atmoshere.

Favorite Dish Pollo Naraja (Chicken with Oranges)
-very different, very good.

d_renfroe's Profile Photo
d_renfroe
Aug 25, 2002

Things To Do Near Santiago's

Inner Harbour

This is ground zero for Victoria. Politics, business, transportation and tourism are all centered here. You will find the Provincial Parliament Building here along with the Empress Hotel - and a host...

Miniature World

It is located next to the Empress hotel. According to its brochure, its highlights are the world's largest dollhouse and the world's longest model railroad. Other exhibits include miniature scenes of...

Maritime Museum of British Columbia

Victoria possesses a very good maritime museum that is housed in an old courthouse. It is worth visiting for the building itself, an attractive, historic structure complete with one of the oldest...

Bastion Square

Bastion Square is located in an area that was originally established by the Hudson’s Bay Company in 1843 as Fort Victoria. From this Fort the Hudson Bay Company traded with First Nations people to...

Helmcken House

Helmcken House is near the Royal BC Museum. Helmcken House is an old wooden house that was the home of Dr John Sebastian Helmcken. He was the first doctor to work for the Hudson Bay Company in...

Market Square

Market Square dates from the late 1800s. This was a time when Victoria was enjoying rapid growth and prosperity due to all the gold prospectors passing through on their way to seek their fortunes in...

Getting to Santiago's

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map