Saint John Restaurants

Scallops!
    by PinkFloydActuary
    With my sister Pascale at Taco Pica!
    by Jefie
  • Our delicious meal at the Lemongrass in Saint John
    Our delicious meal at the Lemongrass in...
    by Jefie

Most Recent Restaurants in Saint John

• Vito's: Classic Saint John

by muzikman69 Written Mar 22, 2005

Vito's is a must stop for anyone coming to Saint John. The ceasar chicken, pizza, and pasta is excellant. Prices are very reasonable, and you will always leave satisified. Remember to try and save room for some of the cheese cake you will see when you first enter the building.

Address: Hazen Avenue

Directions: Uptown near the aquatic centre

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Reggie's: Breakfast Anyone?

by muzikman69 Written Mar 22, 2005

Reggie's is a small cafe which is located beside the city market at 26 Germain Street. This is a must stop for anyone coming to the city. The restaurant is very cultured and friendly, they even yell your name when your food is ready.

Address: 26 Germain St. (beside city market)

Directions: City Market / Brunswick Square

Add to your Trip Planner
  • BILLY'S SEAFOOD MARKET: DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

by bricks Written Jul 31, 2004

Easily the worst seafood experience I had in the Maritime Provinces, perhaps the worst ever. Unfortunately, Billy's Seafood Company was mentioned in most of the travel guides I read. My meal was overpriced and overcooked. We had tried to get a table before a comedy act the night before, but they were very busy, so we stopped after a trip up the coast...I truly wish we hadn't. The hyper waiter couldn't answer a simple question... what do you have for beer??..so we ended up with run of the mill pisswater beer. I'm not sure they served anything better. I ordered the Deep Sea platter and was looking forward to a fine meal, instead I got mostly french fries that were so overcooked as to be inedible, clams that were anything but "juicy" as advertised, and haddock fried inches away from incineration. The only redeeming feature of the meal was the Digby scallops which must have been cooked separately...they were quite nice. It was evident to me that the fryolator oil was past its sell by date, it's too bad the cook didn't notice.

My companion's meal, while digestible, was a disappointment. She found that the garlic in her seafood dish so overpowered the lobster, it might as well have been pollock.

I am from the New England seacoast and my meal would have been a hanging offense at home. Really, fried clams shouldn't snap like potato chips! I know now that I should have complained, instead of gamely trying to find something good about the meal...it doesn't always pay to be as polite as Canadians.

The irony is that the evening before we had a perfectly nice meal, complete with scallops and microbrewed beer at Tapps, a brewpub a block away. We spent a 3rd of the price of Billy's Seafood and actually enjoyed our meal. And our feet touched the floor. What's with the chairs anyway, Billy?

Address: SAINT JOHN, NEW BRUNSWICK, CANADA

• Gay and Lesbian
    • Women's Travel
    • Whale Watching

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

The Riviera Restaurant,: It Might Not Be There Now!,

by Geoff_Wright Updated Apr 22, 2004

The Riviera Restaurant, Saint John. This was in 1965, yes 1965!!

Favorite Dish: According to the bill stub, two of us had a meal with bier and coffee, and icecream for C$5.20! What would that be now, I wonder? The meals were Roast Beef and Roast Chicken, together with potatoes and veg, I think.

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Suwanna Restaurant: Authentic Thai Cuisine with Great Desserts!

by BobStephen Written Jun 11, 2003

Lovely old home converted to restaurant has nice ambience with many corners for a romantic dinner. Tables have linen tablecloths and napkins. Staff courteous and friendly. Food superb with many excellent dishes. Desserts are wonderful and worth the splurge!

Favorite Dish: Suwanna chicken, sweet & sour shrimp, all stir fry dishes, chicken satay, Thai salad, lemon chicken, all curry dishes, ... basically everything!

Address: 325 Lancaster Avenue

Directions: Near Sim's Corner

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Taco Pica: One of Saint John's BEST Restaurants!

by BobStephen Written Jun 11, 2003

The eclectic dining room and ethnic music add to the superior food in this Guatemalan restaurant. All dishes are excellent with the chicken flautas being an especially popular dish. The staff are friendly and the prices are very reasonable for the quality of food and service. Do not miss this wonderful dining experience!

Favorite Dish: The chicken flautas with rice, beans and salad is excellent - if you are really hungry go for the two-flauta dish :o)

Address: 96 Germain Street

Directions: Next to Trinity Church - across from Bustin's

Taco Pica Saint John

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Ming's Restaurant: Do not recommend!

by BobStephen Written Jun 11, 2003

Heard great things but sorely disappointed! Do NOT recommend - one diner's sauce tasted horrible and waitress said it was from a can. The owner refused to refund the cost of the meal even though customer could not eat it. If you want bland, canned Chinese food that claims to be homemade and a rude owener who does not care what his customer's think - he told us not to come back when we complained - this is the place!

Address: 17 Canterbury Street

Ming's Restaurant Saint John

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

Riviera Restaurant: Now to pay the bill!!

by Geoff_Wright Updated Apr 22, 2004

Now to pay the bill!! Thats $4.80 change please! (But what about a tip?)

A number of Canadians have told me that my $C 10 bills are collector's items now, haha.

• Cabana_Boy's Profile Photo

Taco Pica: Looking for something a little spicy...

by Cabana_Boy Updated Apr 24, 2003

Looking for something a little spicy, head up Germain Street to Taco Pica for some Guatemalan or Mexican food.

Address: 96 Germain St., Saint John, NB.

Taco Pica on Germain St., Saint John, NB

Instant Answers: Saint John

Comments

Saint John Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Saint John restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint John sightseeing.