Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Toronto City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
The Toronto City Hop-on Hop-off Tour runs in a continuous circle from 9:00am until 4:00pm with many stops near major hotels in the downtown area. Your ticket is valid for three touring days which gives you ample time to explore the many attractions Tor"""Experience the sights sounds and history of multi-cultural Toronto at your speed on your time. Your ticket on the Toronto City Hop-on Hop-off Tour allows you to see the city with professional drivers and commentary all the while giving you the complete flexibility to visit some of Toronto's sights major attractions
From CAD43.00

Private Toronto Guided City Tour
"Travel in style like a VIP as you embark on a fabulous 2 hour private guided tour of Toronto. Your licensed tour guide will show you all Toronto has to offer and share tips on local hot spots restaurants and fun trivia. Personal pickup is available from your hotel. Travel in a luxury vehicle and see the daily lives of some of the six million people that live in Toronto. Learn about the CN rail and the Toronto Harbourfront. Stop for pi a very historical battle grounds from the war of 1812. Learn how the fur traders used to use Yonge Street and Bloor Street to travel goods. See Kensington market and one of Toronto's six Chinatown's. Lets not forget the beautiful Casa Loma home to Sir Henry Pellatt. Learn about the various cultures and cuisine that Toronto has to offer. See breathtaking views of the Toronto skyline. No photo opportunity will be missed on this luxurious and private VIP tour. After the tour is comple your driver/guide will drop you back off at your hotel or one of the highlights as seen on the tour.Highlights include: Rogers Centre CN Tower Harbourfront
From CAD350.00

Ultimate Toronto Tour
"Experience the best of the best in the complete tour of Toronto. Experience first-hand some of Toronto's must-see attractions and learn about the history behind these places and surrounding neighborhoods. Once this tour is completed you will walk away with wonderful memories and a head full of amazing facts and tidbits about Toronto history.Your adventure in Toronto starts with a quick trip up to the observation deck at the CN Tower one of the world's most popular tourist spots. On the observation deck you will have the opportunity to walk out and stand 1151 feet above the ground. Being so high up will allow you to get amazing views of the surrounding city. Don't forget to bring your camera because there will be numerous opportunities to take amazing photos.After a trip to the CN Tower your professional guide will take you to the mysterious historic Casa Loma where you will have the adventure of a lifetime. At this Gothic castle
From CAD139.00

Childhood memories / living in Toronto Tips (7)

Condo

Favorite thing Buy an apartment here, if you love Canada as much as I do. I used to own an apartment in BAY STREET area and this is within 2 minutes walk to Eaton Centre, 5 minutes walk to Chinatown. Good food, lots to shop and only 2 stops from the Financial Center!

Fondest memory Properties are of good value in this clean and cosmopolitan city. A two-bedroom apartment in downtown area costs US$100,000-200,000 on the average (& these are of the best quality furnishings and standards!).

Sharrie's Profile Photo
Sharrie
Nov 19, 2002

Go to a pub, order a beer, and...

Favorite thing Go to a pub, order a beer, and watch a hockey game!

Fondest memory One of my best memories while living in Toronto is when Canada's Men's Olympic Hockey Team won the Gold Medal at the Salt Lake City Olympics in 2002.

Canada is a country has always been at odds. It's English vs. French or East Vs. West or...Toronto vs. The rest of Canada.. (i've been told that apparently we Torontonians have the tendancy to forget that there are other cities in the country) And the day we won Gold there was no talks of referendums, no talks of soverignty, no talk of which party to vote for... no, more so what party to go to! Driving along yonge street, honking the car horns as cars drove past waving the our red and white flag... it made me feel very proud. Hockey. That's what brought Canada together, and that's what Toronto does best.

Chrystyna's Profile Photo
Chrystyna
Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing Here are some pros and cons of living in Toronto:
Good Stuff:

SEA - I was born on the sea and it makes me happy to live in a city that has a sea coast. Well, Ontario Lake is not really a sea, but differences like the smell, plants and no swimming rule don't bother me much. Along the lake there is few attractive spots for visitors:Downtown area west from Yonge (Harbourfront) looks very luxurious and it is constantly getting face lifts. 'Musical garden' is a nice touch to this area where most expensive condo buildings are. 'Beaches' - east from downtown - gets very attractive during summer. It is a place for beach volleyball (over 50 courts right on the beach), walking, jogging, rollerblading. Dog beach is also here. Brave ones can also swim, but due to cold and polutin only swimmers are usually kids!

NIGHT LIFE - so much choice here. Toronto's main entertainment district is located in downtown in between Queen St. W., King St. W., Simcoe, and Peter Streets. Plenty of discotheques, pubs, theaters, and jazz clubs are located here. Why I rarely go here is parking problem. All parking lots owners are competing who is going to get away with higher price. Some nights (mostly Saturdays) price goes up to $20.

LIVE SHOWS - my favourite way of entertainment. Whether you are into operas, classical, rock, jazz, or world music concerts, stand-up comedies, or theatre shows you can find it here. Check 'Kool House', 'Air Canada', 'Hummingbird', or 'Molson' concert halls on
www.toronto.com to see who's in town!

CULTURAL DIVERSITY - Everyone is welcome here. I am a foreigner speaking with an accent but I never noticed that that bothers anyone here. Cool!

OK there is lots more I like about this city, but here are few of the cons:

Fondest memory Bad Stuff:

LIVING EXPENSES - Toronto is one of most expensive cities to live in Canada (with a good reason though - it is not like I am complaining!)

SPEED OF LIFE - Everyone is rushing somewhere (me too), and days pass by very quickly.

WEATHER - Well this is Canada so it is understood - six months of winter.

Srechko
Sep 20, 2002

This is a hard one to decide...

Favorite thing This is a hard one to decide on. I grew up in Toronto and so I know little pockets of places that I would take any visiting friends. I know the downtown and the east end areas better than anything that is west ov Avenue road.

Ontario Place! Especially if you are a family looking for something to do. I believe that there are entrance fees, but you can spend the whole day there. The Canadian National Exhibition is open nearby during the end of August, beginning of September.

Fondest memory My parent's Sailboat is what I miss most when I am away. Danforth Avenue now has some great restaurants.

Dolfijntje's Profile Photo

20 Madison Ave., Toronto, Ontario, M5R 2S1, Canada
280 Bloor St. W., (formerly Quality Inn), Toronto, Ontario, M5S 1V8, Canada
305 St. George St., Toronto, M5R 2R2, Canada

University Tip

Favorite thing I lived in Toronto for 3 years while in University. I attended York University.

My favourite place in Toronto has to be hands down the people. I live in Miami, but Toronto will always be my home.

My heart was left in Toronto after all the great people I met there and still am in touch with.

Fondest memory My fondest memory has to be when I met my boyfriend Victor in school and went to see Mamma Mia! at the Royal Alexandra Theatre.

Thanks for the best 3 years at York Founders Falcons.....

msison's Profile Photo
msison
Jul 25, 2003

Shopping is great here.

Fondest memory I grew up here and my fondest memories are of growing up in downtown Toronto, around Queen and Ossington. It still feels like home when I check back there every now and then. The area hasn't changed much - maybe smaller than I remember but otherwise, it looks much the same. Even the school hasn't changed. In a city where nothing remains the same for more than 24 hours, it's unique.

barbaraq
Aug 25, 2002

FOND MEMORIES

Fondest memory My one and only time on a horse! I was only 4 or 5 at the time but I do remember it quite well! :)

hevbell's Profile Photo
hevbell
Feb 22, 2004
freddie18's Profile Photo

freddie18

"My Toronto - "Yours to Discover""
MissAntarctica2002's Profile Photo

MissAntarctica2002

"Close To Home"
CdnJane's Profile Photo

CdnJane

"Andre Rieu's Magic Hits Toronto"
coolpanda87's Profile Photo

coolpanda87

"TORONTO Canada"
Paul2001's Profile Photo

Paul2001

"Paul2001's Big T.O. Page"

Things to Do Near Toronto

Bata Shoe Museum

Interesting exhibit about the history of shoes, shoes from famous people, artic shoes and mens heels. The museum collects, researches, preserves, and exhibits footwear from around the world. Three...

Casa Loma

The castle is opened from 9:30 until 5:00 but remains opened later for concerts and special events. There were lines of cars trying to get into the parking lot, it was Sunday so we parked on the...

Kensington Market

Eclectic bohemian market with wonderful cafe's, shops and pubs. Very artsy and filled with artsy people. The bakeries, ethnic food and ice cream looked wonderful. People were friendly. We enjoyed...

University

One of the best universities (or is it the best?) in Canada, University of Toronto has a elegant, historic campus with plenty of architecture in the Romanesque, Gothic etc styles, for visitors to...

ROM - Royal Ontario Museum

This 100 year old Museum isThe Tornonto Museum of Art, Culture and Natural History is the largest in Canada, and attracts over one million visitors every year. The museum is north of Queen's Park,...

Yorkville

I just walked along this street. They said celebrities whenever in Toronto can be spotted here dining or clubbing. Yorkville is a mixture of high end stores, beautiful condos and restored victorian...

Getting to Toronto

Address

We don't yet have an address for this General. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this General. Help us improve our info!

Map