Diana Sweets, Toronto

Scarborough Town Center and at Don Mil

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Diana Sweets: A Restaurant From My Youth

by CdnJane Updated Apr 19, 2013

Update: The Don Mills Centre no longer exists, so neither does Diana Sweets - apparently there are 2 restaurants still open.
    Diana Sweets was one of those restaurants that I remember going to with my grandmother in Toronto, or with my mother. A nice place to have a meal that wasn't too fancy, but wasn't a "greasy-spoon" either. It then became a family restaurant that was found in many shopping malls. Respectable, clean, and food that was not exciting, really rather predictable.
    I was working near the Don Mills Centre, and decided one night to stop there for dinner. Perhaps it was because I was in a neighbourhood where I had lived as a young child, or just wanting something sort of comfort food. Anyway, I went to Diana Sweets and noticed many of the people I had seen in Diana Sweets years ago when they were my age!!! They do have senior's discounts/specials.

Favorite Dish: For whatever reason I ordered a steak. Well, you get what you pay for, and this was a rather reasonably priced steak - almost cheap. It was cooked to order, but it wasn't the top line meat. However, had I really wanted steak I would've gone to a steakhouse! The salad was good and fresh, that I really liked - tomatoes cut into very tiny portions, not the huge slices too many places give you. The entree plate was very poorly laid out - too much white: cauliflower, baked potato, on the white plate with the steak. I could've done with peas, beans, carrots, broccoli - something other than white. The cauliflower was at least cooked as I like it, just beyond crisp. Now, I was horrifically bad and indulged in a dessert, but I was glad I did - it was one of the best slices of pecan pie that I've had in my life. It was one of those desserts that make you want to lick the plate clean.

Directions: 2 locations left:
    Diana Sweets 725 Queen St Toronto, ON M4M 1H1 Canada
    Diana Sweets 526 Bloor St. West Toronto, ON M5S 1Y3 Canada

Add to your Trip Planner
  • paulbrec's Profile Photo

Diana Sweets: A Pleasant Surprise

by paulbrec Updated Feb 27, 2005

Although I can't say anything about the Don Mills location, because I haven't been there, the Scarborough location is fantastic. This has become my favorite restaurant for casual dining. Service is fast, and the servers are friendly. The food has always been excellent. I have never had a bad meal there. The first time I ate there, I ordered a cheeseburger, and it was hot when it arrived. I guess I'm used to fast food, because I was thrown for a loop when I received a burger that was still hot.
    ***UPDATE: The Scarborough location of Diana Sweets will be closing on February 28 2005. Its sad to see a good place close :(

Favorite Dish: I can't single out any particular dish, but here are a few I can recommend:
    LUNCH/DINNER:
    Canadian Burger, with cheddar cheese and back bacon. ($9.75) Served with fries.
    Steak Sandwich, 8 oz steak on a garlic bun with onion rings right on the sandwich. ($10.45) Served with fries.
    Nachos, with beef chili, two cheeses, and onions. ($8.00) Served with salsa and sour cream.
    Various pastas served with garlic bread (Starting at $8.00)
    SNACK/DESSERT:
    Rice Pudding ($3.00)
    Sundae [chocolate or caramel] ($4.50)
    Hot apple pie with ice cream ($5.50)

Address: Two Mall Locations (see below)

Directions: Scarborough Town Center (Upper Food Court) [CLOSING]
    Don Mills Center (East Wing)

Add to your Trip Planner