Map &

Toronto Small-Group City Tour
From CAD78.00

Hard Rock Cafe Tips (8)

Hard Rock Cafe (Yonge and Dundas): After all this is Neil Young's country

Well, the Hard Rock cafe is known worldwide, there are restaurants in most countries (all that I have been to), therefore you either like it and try to buy the shirt from the "coolest" location (I've seen far too many Hard Rock Cafe Miami or Los Angeles...) or you just avoid it.

I am in between. I bought the shirts for my brother and sister (they were 15 and 16 at the time) and I decided to eat there once, after all we are in Neil Young's country.
We were obviously treated to the "Rockin' in the free world" (great song, but not my favourite) video while we were eating.

I should add that this was the first restaurant we went to in Canada.

We were greated by a very happy-looking waiter who asked, with a big smile on his face: "How are you doing guys?".
So what?, you might ask. We are European. In Europe waiters don't ask how you are doing... We got used to this after a few days. BTW, I'm not complaining, it is just something we are not used to.

We had a New York Strip and a Pork Shank, which were both very good.

Overall, I was happy with both the food and the service. I would go there again (in any case, Neil Young would have made it worthwhile anyway).

If you are interested, this was the second Hard Rock Cafe to open in the whole world (after London)!

rsilva's Profile Photo
May 05, 2005

Hard Rock Cafe: Excellent & Well Known Cafe in Toronto

Who doesn't know Hard Rock Cafe? It is literally everywhere and branches were just opened in India, Aruba, Spain, and China. A couple of more cafes are opening all over the world.

Try Open Faced Sirloin Sandwich to the Grilled Hawaiian Chicken, from the Honey-Mustard Grilled Chicken Sandwich to the HRC Baker’s Choice (a special dessert offering that changes daily), you can't go wrong. These join our already famous Legendary Burger, Twisted Mac & Cheese, and Hickory Smoked Pulled-Pork Sandwich, all of which, of course, ROCK.

Stop by today to check out the new menu, the classic menu items.

We’ll see you there!

freddie18's Profile Photo
Feb 28, 2009

Hard Rock Cafe: Save The Planet! Love All! Serve All!

After I visited CN Tower, I stopped by at the Hard Rock Cafe at The Rogers Centre (now relocated to Yonge Street) where I had a pleasant meal and saw the Abororiginal Show from the cafe's windows! The menu is of similar international choices as to other venues worldwide.

spidermiss's Profile Photo
Apr 18, 2011

Hard Rock Cafe at the Skydome...

Hard Rock Cafe at the Skydome is awesome. If you're into Hard Rocks, which I'm not really but the people I was travelling with are, this one was pretty cool. The cafe is literally part of the Toronto Skydome arena, and from a window seat at the cafe you could watch a baseball game with the same view as an exclusive reserved sky box. The food is the same as all Hard Rocks, but it's kind of fun to watch the field - even if there wasn't a game in progress when we got there and we just watched the maintenance guys doing their thing.

Aug 24, 2002

65 Dundas St. E., Toronto, Ontario, M5B 2G8, Canada
325 Bay St, Toronto, Ontario M5H 4G3, Canada
89 Chestnut Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
108 Chestnut St., Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1R3, Canada

Hard Rock Cafe: This one is cool !!!!!

I have to admit when my cousin's told me we were gonna go and eat at Hard Rock Cafe I was really disappointed, there are so many great restaurant all over Toronto, and they had to take me to one of the crappiest !!! So I was not a happy camper, but then we pulled up to the SkyDome and went inside Hard Rock Cafe...that's where my thoughts changed about this HARD ROCK CAFE !!!!! don't get me wrong I was not there for the food, but for the game and it was cool !!! They charge $5 extra dollars per person to sit on a window overlooking center field and that was cool......I had seen this on TV 1,000 times but in person it was really a great view !!!! and it was worth the afternoon outing !!!!! didn't eat anything but had plenty of expensive drinks during the game !!!!!

Favorite Dish The food here is terrible !!!!! don't eat a thing here if you could help it, but it's a must to check out during games !!!!!!!

jlanza29's Profile Photo
Apr 29, 2005

Hard Rock Cafe: Great location, great food

I've only been to one other Hard Rock besides this one, and it was in New York City. So comparing that location to the Toronto one, I'd say that the Toronto Hard Rock Cafe is extremely small, crowded and pretty noisy - which can be good depending on what kind of atmosphere you prefer.
It has a great location downtown; right on the Dundas Square and across the street from the Eaton Centre. The service and food is pretty good, although the Hard Rock has changed the menu recently (2007) so you can take a look at the website to see the updates.

Arial_27's Profile Photo
Jan 04, 2008

Hard Rock Cafe: Rock music and food couldn't be a better combo!

Ok, first of all this place is amazing! The food is great, but the stuff they have in here is crazy! They have "historical artifacts" of rock music all over the place! Guitars of famous musicians hang on the walls, and posters and pictures of rock legends are everywhere! The service was also good. This place combines great food with great music, and I'll always make time to stop by again if I'm in the area!

Favorite Dish I have only been to the Hard Rock Cafe once, and I had Pizza and a side order of fries. They were both great. It doesn't really need a detailed description, as pizza is pizza and fries are fries.

Dark_Reflections's Profile Photo
Feb 08, 2004

Hard Rock Cafe: Rock out with a view of home plate

In addition to boasting the chain's trademark memorabilia on its walls the Hard Rock Cafe in Toronto has the added appeal of window seats overlooking the Blue Jays' home field in the Skydome. While I was not there during a game, my family and I ate at a table with windowside seats looking down at the diamond. It is very cool to see all of the seats, the jumbotron, and yes, the hotel that is built into the north side of the stadium.

HSC123's Profile Photo
Nov 03, 2003
freddie18's Profile Photo

"My Toronto - "Yours to Discover""
MissAntarctica2002's Profile Photo

"Close To Home"
CdnJane's Profile Photo

"Andre Rieu's Magic Hits Toronto"
coolpanda87's Profile Photo

"TORONTO Canada"
Paul2001's Profile Photo

"Paul2001's Big T.O. Page"

Things To Do Near Hard Rock Cafe

Dundas Square

Always try to check this always busy place if there's any performances going on. Lots of activities, gatherings, parties and street performances around. Eaton centre is just across the street and...

Eaton Centre

* Aside from the CN Tower, another one which is a Tourists´ magnet is the well-known shopping mall, Eaton Centre right in the middle of Toronto City. A Mall which can be “heaven” for shopping lovers....

Massey Hall

What I also love about Toronto is its historical buildings that's still standing but I guess not popular to most tourist because lots are obscured by modern structures already. I am not just after the...

City Hall & Nathan Phillips Square

The City Hall of Toronto, Ontario, Canada is one of the most distinctive landmarks of the city. Designed by Finnish architect Viljo Revell, landscape architect Richard Strong, and engineered by...

Osgoode Hall

This heritage building is not that far from the new city hall and just walk a bit and you will reach the Campbell Museum and Canada Life Building as well. This building garnered attention for 170...

Allan Gardens

It is one of the prettiest places to see in Toronto any time of the year. It is the oldest park in the city built in 1858. I saw elaborate and wide selection of tropical, sub tropical and exotic plant...

Getting to Hard Rock Cafe