Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Private Toronto Layover Walking Tour
"Stop spending your layover in Toronto stuck in a boring crowded airport. Instead plan ahead and spend your five or six hour layover on a private walking tour of downtown Toronto. Your experienced tour guide will meet and greet you at the airport.This walking tour is 100% customizeable and provides you with the perfect opportu who will be able to provide recommendations for things to do that cater to your group's interests.Please note that while the walking portion of the tour is included in the price any additional charges for activities and attractions such as traveling to the observation deck of the CN Tower or going into the Hockey Hall of Fame is not included in the price of the tour. These will be charged additionally.Upon completion of the walking tour
From CAD149.00

Ultimate Toronto Tour
"Experience the best of the best in the complete tour of Toronto. Experience first-hand some of Toronto's must-see attractions and learn about the history behind these places and surrounding neighborhoods. Once this tour is completed you will walk away with wonderful memories and a head full of amazing facts and tidbits about Toronto history.Your adventure in Toronto starts with a quick trip up to the observation deck at the CN Tower one of the world's most popular tourist spots. On the observation deck you will have the opportunity to walk out and stand 1151 feet above the ground. Being so high up will allow you to get amazing views of the surrounding city. Don't forget to bring your camera because there will be numerous opportunities to take amazing photos.After a trip to the CN Tower your professional guide will take you to the mysterious historic Casa Loma where you will have the adventure of a lifetime. At this Gothic castle
From CAD139.00

Toronto City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
The Toronto City Hop-on Hop-off Tour runs in a continuous circle from 9:00am until 4:00pm with many stops near major hotels in the downtown area. Your ticket is valid for three touring days which gives you ample time to explore the many attractions Tor"""Experience the sights sounds and history of multi-cultural Toronto at your speed on your time. Your ticket on the Toronto City Hop-on Hop-off Tour allows you to see the city with professional drivers and commentary all the while giving you the complete flexibility to visit some of Toronto's sights major attractions
From CAD43.00

Le Papillon Tips (12)

Le Papillon: Crepes, crepes, and more crepes!

I had the pleasure of dining at this restaurant on Saturday night of the Toronto VT Meeting. I must say, a better choice would be hard pressed to find. A quaint French restaurant in the downtown region of Toronto, Le Papillon is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.

Depsite the "closed" quarters of the back room, the staff assembled the tables perfectly to accomodate the 30+ VT'ers. We were able to move around, take pictures and carry on conversations without problem. The highly efficient staff moved in and out through the throng and delivered the hot, tasty food and drink without spilling a drop; and they were able to accomplish this despite the continual flash from all the cameras.

The restaurant was being used for a film the next day and that is why there was a lot of Christmas greenery about.

Favorite Dish I had the Crêpe Jacqueline which was filled with bacon, fresh apple and cheddar cheese. I had 2 martini's, 1 vodka martini with extra olives and a sour apple martini which was very good. For dessert, (I would never leave a french restaurant without trying dessert) I enjoyed a Meringue glacée:
Meringue shells with ice cream, chocolate sauce and whipped cream, oh boy that evening's meal cost me 2 days on the treadmill for an hour!!!!

You can eat reasonably well here with little expense, the reason my dinner was costly was due to the martini's and dessert. (The price I quote below includes gratuity)

keida84's Profile Photo
keida84
Sep 29, 2005

Le Papillon: FRENCH AND QUEBECOIS FARE

On Saturday night our VT dinner-meeting was held at the LE PAPILLON restaurant. French and Quebecois fare such as crepes, bretonnes, tourtiere, steak frites, onion soup and escargot. It was a lovely atmosphere as we had our own dining area and the staff was awesome. They did a wonderful job despite most of us hopping all over the place to take pictures and talk to fellow VT'ers.

Favorite Dish Hans, Kat and I had the crepes, for which they are well known. I had a delectable ham and cheese crepe with slices of apple which added a nice sweet taste to the crepe. Tres Magnifique.

LoriPori's Profile Photo
LoriPori
Sep 29, 2005

Le Papillon: French Cuisine Done Well!

Believe it or not, this is my last Toronto tip. Did I hear someone say "Finally!"? Hmmph! I thought so...

I must make a note to myself on any subsequent VT meetings not to forget to take a picture of the restaurant as again I failed to provide one for you here. I Suck!

Le Pappillon was a very good venue for our Saturday evening meal! We had good attendence and the food did not disappoint. Uh, as we don't have any French restaurants in Hickory (Surprise! Surprise!) I could only compare it to my previous trips to France... favorably! I had pork cutlet with potatoes and asparagus which was well prepared and tasty. However, most memorable was the salad and escargot that Hot Sauce and I shared! YumYum! A great combination of tastes & flavors!

Ok, that's all folks! I'm sure there are more interesting tips about Le Pappillon from others there so I will let you have at them! If you are reading this, thanks so much for your time and attention. I hope I haven't disappointed but given some honest opinions about my time in Toronto. It's a great place and one that I hope you may have the good fortune to visit!

NC_Ziggy's Profile Photo
NC_Ziggy
Dec 10, 2005

Le Papillon: Le Papillon

Night two of the VT meet was held here. Once again we had a room to ourselves. Food was very good, but I was saddened to find when we asked for water they brought bottles of Evian, which cost and arm and a leg.

Favorite Dish I had a wonderful crepe filled with bacon, cheddar and sliced apple.

shohman's Profile Photo

56 Yonge St., Toronto, Ontario, M5E 1G5, Canada
1 King Street West, Toronto, M5H 1A1, Canada
1 King St W, Toronto, Ontario, M5H 1A1, Canada

Le Papillon: Great place to have a VT meet

Le Papillon was the well chosen restaurant selected for the 2nd night of the massive September 2005 VT meeting and they handled the crowd quite well, the service was organized, the bills correct, people at the same table got served at approximately the same time. We had our own space, not entirely blocked off from the rest of the patrons but secluded enough that we didn't bother anyone (well, except for the "hot guy" that some of the VT ladies dragged off the street and he didn't appear to be complaining!)

Favorite Dish Although there were other dishes offered, the main offering on the menu was crepes. I started with a savoury crepe which was very tasty and filling but I just couldn't pass on the dessert crepes, the Crepe Banana Royale, bananas, almonds, ice cream, chocolate rum sauce and whipped cream, was divine and enough to serve two.

Dabs's Profile Photo
Dabs
Nov 28, 2005

Le Papillon: Crepes... Wonderful Crepes....

Le Papillon was the favourite restaurant of my former in-laws, and I always enjoyed it too, so when looking for a place that was different, and nice, for the VT Toronto Meeting, I thought of it. A chance to give some visitors to Canada a taste of Quebecois and French cooking.
We had a nice big alcove, sort of a separate room, almost away from the rest of the restaurant. The two waitresses who looked after us, Heather and ??, were very polite and friendly and professional. I thought we were well looked after.
The other good thing of the restaurant, is the location - not far from the subway, and great if you haven't yet seen the Flatiron building.
I appreciated Heather, the waitress, making a suggestion of a better white wine at the same price as the house white. Just a little touch, but it was great customer service.

The restaurant partners have split and there are now 2 Papillon restaurants: Le Papillon on the Park and Le Papillon on Front

Favorite Dish I had the crepe champignon (mushroon) last night, but think my favourite has been the beef bourginon. The desserts were wonderful.
Why so good? Flavour, quality, and quantity.

CdnJane's Profile Photo
CdnJane
Jun 28, 2010

Le Papillon: Excellent Crêpes & a great atmosphere

An excellent place for a dinner for two. The food is great (especially the crêpes), and the prices reasonable (for Toronto at least). Tucked away downtown it's also an easy pre-theatre meet. Parking at Dominion's garage across the main intersection.

Favorite Dish Favourite dish is the pepper steak, with their occasional oxtail a close second.

Grootpiet
Jul 14, 2003

Le Papillon: Crepes, Crepes, and more Crepes!

I ran from the airport directly to this location as I was already an hour and a half late for the VT Meet / Dinner arranged by Jane and Laura. So here I am, entering this NICE restaurant w/ my large pack on my back, another bag slung across my body, and my little travel purse somewhere ....... the staff were kind and immediately directed me to the room the crew was already munching away in :) I entered and was greated with such warmth from all the VTers in attendance!

Brad had saved a chair for me at his table, and I immediately began visiting w/ all the online friends that I was finally meeting in 3D! Our waitress was helpful, I had narrowed my selection down to 2 dishes, and she helped me choose the one she thought was best, and fast as that was one of my stipulations ... afterall, I needed to catch up before everyone else got into their dessert! Of course, since I stepped out to visit in the smoking area on the curb with a few folks, my dish ended up under warming lights until I got back to the table :)

Favorite Dish I ordered the Crepe Manon - which was good, just a little too rich for me as the Bechamel sauce overpowered the spinach and mushrooms in the crepe. The iced tea was good and refreshing ..... but the bits of Balfor's Creme Brule that I snagged were the BEST!!! I was so rushed, I don't know if I can properly review the menu ..... but I can say, the desserts make this restaurant something exceptional!

kymbanm's Profile Photo
kymbanm
Oct 03, 2005
freddie18's Profile Photo

freddie18

"My Toronto - "Yours to Discover""
MissAntarctica2002's Profile Photo

MissAntarctica2002

"Close To Home"
CdnJane's Profile Photo

CdnJane

"Andre Rieu's Magic Hits Toronto"
coolpanda87's Profile Photo

coolpanda87

"TORONTO Canada"
Paul2001's Profile Photo

Paul2001

"Paul2001's Big T.O. Page"

Le Papillon: Great French Food

I was introduced to Le Papillin by my VT-friend olive8.

It was really a good choice, the food was excellent and the atmosphere was wonderful.

Before I knew the evening was gone; time really flew by.

Favorite Dish The crepes; I had one with spinach.

pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
pieter_jan_v
Jun 24, 2007

Le Papillon: Great food and great service

This is a large place, but the room is broken up enough that it is not noisy. Both the food and the service were outstanding.

Favorite Dish Having grown up in one of the Merrimack Valley towns with lots of French Canadians, we were excited to see Tourtière on the menu. We hadn't had it for years, and this one is as good as the home made ones we remember.

dmonahan
Nov 01, 2006

Le Papillon: What a COLD RUDE staff

COLD & UNINVITING!
Our waitress was condescending and rude - no attempt was made to be genuine or even polite to us. My guests were appalled at how condescending the server was. There was no effort to made to make us feel like welcome and valued customers. From beginning to end, the atmosphere in the restaurant was cold and uninviting.
By the time we had left, another server said "Goodbye Kids" as we walked out the door.
I have never experience such a negative dining experience in Toronto.
My guests laughingly told me that dessert had never been such a upsetting memory.
There are many restaurants in Toronto and the staff did not seem to care that we had chosen their restaurant above others that evening.
My guests and I were respectful upon our arrival, and could not understand why we were treated the way we were.
I will most certainly never recommend this restaurant to any of my local or visiting friends,
nor ever support their business again after this experience.

Favorite Dish COLD & UNINVITING!
I have never experience such a negative dining experience in Toronto.
nor ever support their business again after this experience.

HollandaiseHolly
Aug 11, 2007

Le Papillon: french restaurant

vt evening meal
we decided to take fotos of our food
this was poisson 'Fish'

this restaurant also has french canadian dishs

Favorite Dish deserts have style

MURRA's Profile Photo
MURRA
Sep 26, 2005

Things to Do Near Le Papillon

Flatiron Building

This will surely be part of your Itinerary when traveling on foot the St. lawrence neighborhood. It is also known as Gooderham building and the building looks like a flatiron with Roamesque styling....

St. Lawrence Market

Massive food hall from 1850 has every food vendor imaginable, over 120. A lot of the meats and fish mongers were selling foods to go, but there were vendors with delicious foods to eat it. All of...

Saint James Cathedral

Toronto has some spectacular churches in the downtown core. I like to wander in at random when I stumble upon open doors. St. James is the tallest church in Canada, and is counted among the tallest...

Hockey Hall of Fame

The Hockey Hall of Fame opened in the Brookfield Place in 1993 & recently expanded with a new interactive hockey zone. It appeared as though we were walking into an old bank & went into ground...

Financial District & Underground City

Visited recently for business. It was my first time in Toronto. I had the evenings free to spend in whatever way I pleased over the course of a week. I loathe the typical "tourist" experience, seeing...

Air Canada Centre

If not for the game, you have to go even if for the ambience and atmosphere and witness Canadian passion in display specially during hockey games. Best when the Toronto Maple Leafs are wining as they...

Getting to Le Papillon

Address

16 Church street at Church & Front.

Hours