Map &

From CAD219.00
Toronto CityPass
From $64.00

Pho Hung Tips (6)

Pho Hung: Affordable Vietnamese food served in big portions!

Just north of Dundas West on Spadina, you cannot ignore and laugh a little at the name of Pho Hung. However, don't get fooled, they make amazing Pho.
The menu either is not too overwhelming unlike some Chinese restaurants (I understand, this is a Vietnamese restaurant). The menu is simple and easy to read.
And yes, they're THAT inexpensive. However, don't assume that the portions are petit. A small bowl is big enough for an average person. Just look around the restaurant, most people are ordering the Small.
Situated in Chinatown at the heart of downtown Toronto it isn't hard to to this place especially if you were around Chinatown, Kensington Market or Queen St. West already. You can either take the streetcar or walk from these places (especially on a beautiful day)

Favorite Dish My favourite definitely is their Congee.
Don't just get fooled that they only serve Pho here, try also their Congee. I usually order The shrimp congee and that fills me up enough. Order some of their side dish like the deep fried Spring Roll for $3.50 (as of Jan. 2009, 2 spring rolls) if you need a little more filling. As for beverage, you can get by with their tea, it's free. Pop, juiced and alcohol also served.

ashmantoronto's Profile Photo
Jan 30, 2009

Pho Hung: The best phos and buns

I love this place! It is the best vietnamese phos and bun dishes I've seen in North America. And unlike many vietnamese restaurants this one offers vegetarian dishes. If I go alone, I like the one on Bloor best (200 Bloor Street West), and it's upstairs so you can get a seat with a view. I like this one because it clearly explains whats vegetarian in English. At the Chinatown location ( 350 Spadina Avenue), you may end up using lots of gestures to make sure you dont get a beef pho, as the veggie stuff isn't apparent on the menu.

Favorite Dish The pho soups, bun (rice noodle) dishes, and stir fries are all great and inexpensive. You get plenty of food.

makiro's Profile Photo
Jun 30, 2006

Pho Hung: For Pho or Bun -- go here.

Great Vietnamese restaurant, with wonderful outside windowed garden area in the heart of Toronto's Chinatown West. Authentic Pho and Bun (vietnamese noodle dish) approved of by my wife.

Favorite Dish We love bun, which is rice vermicelli mixed with lettuce, thai basil, carrots, peanuts, cucumbers, and other salad vegitables. Add to this mix the meat of your choice, and mix in some sweet/spicy fish sauce, some vietnamese chili sauce, and you've got yourself quite the authentic meal.

We always enjoy trying asian food throughout the world to see its authenticity, and it is no surprise that this is close to home.

mattreider's Profile Photo
Jan 02, 2006

Pho Hung: delicious soup

The decor is nothing special, but the Pho (broth soup) is delicious. Take a seat, the waiter will bring tea, menus and a piece or paper and pen where YOU WRITE in your order, price, quantity and all. They'll then add it up. It's all very cheap and very good. I also recommend the lemonade made with sugar and fresh lemon juice. Pay at the cash register and leave a tip in the tip box. It was so good I went here twice in a couple of days!

j-san's Profile Photo

118 Yorkville Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5R 1C2, Canada
18 St. Thomas Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3E7, Canada
280 Bloor St. W., (formerly Quality Inn), Toronto, Ontario, M5S 1V8, Canada

Pho Hung: Killer Pho

The Chinatown location is spartan, but crowded (unlike the deserted Bloor location - ugh). But you're not there to admire the walls, you're there for the pho. I do like a good bowl of pho and Pho Hung is among the finest. Served with fresh herbs. The hot sauce sucks, though, which is a major drawback since your only other option for heat is Thai chilis and those are deadly when they don't have time to diffuse in the broth. Their Vietnamese coffee isn't anything special, but I do like the lemonade (lemon juice squeezed into a glass with ice and a spoonful of sugar).

Favorite Dish Pho. What else would I order?

RB_Oakes's Profile Photo
Apr 10, 2004

Pho Hung: good Vietnemese food

I've been here twice and both times had very good meals. service is quick and prices are cheap.

Favorite Dish I have chicken over vermiceli. very good!
and a side of pork spring rolls.

shohman's Profile Photo
Jun 19, 2006
freddie18's Profile Photo

"My Toronto - "Yours to Discover""
MissAntarctica2002's Profile Photo

"Close To Home"
CdnJane's Profile Photo

"Andre Rieu's Magic Hits Toronto"
coolpanda87's Profile Photo

"TORONTO Canada"
Paul2001's Profile Photo

"Paul2001's Big T.O. Page"

Things To Do Near Pho Hung

ROM - Royal Ontario Museum

This 100 year old Museum isThe Tornonto Museum of Art, Culture and Natural History is the largest in Canada, and attracts over one million visitors every year. The museum is north of Queen's Park,...
Things to Do

I just walked along this street. They said celebrities whenever in Toronto can be spotted here dining or clubbing. Yorkville is a mixture of high end stores, beautiful condos and restored victorian...

Bata Shoe Museum

Interesting exhibit about the history of shoes, shoes from famous people, artic shoes and mens heels. The museum collects, researches, preserves, and exhibits footwear from around the world. Three...
Things to Do

One of the best universities (or is it the best?) in Canada, University of Toronto has a elegant, historic campus with plenty of architecture in the Romanesque, Gothic etc styles, for visitors to...

Kensington Market

Eclectic bohemian market with wonderful cafe's, shops and pubs. Very artsy and filled with artsy people. The bakeries, ethnic food and ice cream looked wonderful. People were friendly. We enjoyed...

Casa Loma

The castle is opened from 9:30 until 5:00 but remains opened later for concerts and special events. There were lines of cars trying to get into the parking lot, it was Sunday so we parked on the...

Getting to Pho Hung

We don't yet have an address for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!