Map &

Toronto City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
From CAD43.00

CN Tower Tips (202)

CN Tower

I've visited CN Tower three times now (once in 2000 and twice in 2006). It is known as "Canada's National Tower" and "a Wonder of the Modern World and the World's Tallest Building" (from the CN Tower Guest Guide). I enjoyed going up the tower where I enjoyed the city views down below from the Glass Floor (342 m); Look Out (346 m); and the Sky Pod (446 m). As well as the observation desks, there is a revolving restaurant and a marketplace.

I used my CityPass to visit the attraction but you can check out the website for more information and prices.

The CN Tower was celebrating their 30th Anniversary when it I was there in 2006. The CN Tower first opened to the public in 1976.

spidermiss's Profile Photo
Apr 16, 2011

CN Tower, the world's tallest

At 553m, it has been the world's tallest structure since it was buit in 1976.

On a clear day, you can even see the Niagara Falls from the observation deck! If you're not afraid of the high height, stand or jump on the huge glass bottom floor on the deck. It can actually hold the weights of 14 hippos! If you like fine dining with a view, 360, the revolving restaurant inside the Tower, is definitely the top choice.

And if you're walking downtown and doesn't know your bearing, see if you can locate the CN Tower, the direction towards the Tower is south.

It is a little expensive to go up though.

mim95's Profile Photo
Feb 10, 2006

It's a Symbol and a Wonder of the Modern World

After I'd been in Toronto for a few days and gotten a bit familiar with the geography of the city and had the Harbour tour where I heard some of the history of Toronto and about some of the architecture, I went up the CN tower to have dinner. Knowing about the city made the experience more meaningful and interesting.

Afterwards I went around the rest of the tower. The glass windows in the floor 1,122 feet above the ground doesn't seem to faze this little boy.

Tower Hours
General Access 9:00am - 11:00pm
9:00am - 11:00pm
Information Desk staffed at 8:30am

Look Out + Glass Floor (Taxes extra)

Adult (13-64) $18.99
Senior (65+) $16.99
Children (4-12) $13.99

See my two. travelogues for other views from the tower

I skipped the Total Tower Experience which includes Look Out + Glass Floor + Skypod + Movie + 2 Motion Simulator Rides (Must be 107 centimetres (42 inches) to ride)
Includes Express Elevation (Taxes extra)
PLUS souvenir CN Tower poster with tube, special offer from the Photo Gallery, free gift with purchase (over $40.00) in the Marketplace Gift Shop and free soft drink with purchase (over $5.95 plus tax) in the Marketplace Cafe. Retail value of Total Tower Experience now over $60.00.

Cost of this is $31.99 CD for all ages.

I just didn't see the need for extra 'rides'. YMM

grandmaR's Profile Photo
Jul 25, 2004

CN Tower, Toronto

There are tons of things to do in Toronto, but no visit would be complete without an ascent to the top of what is for now, the World's Tallest Free Standing Structure. The Tower is right downtown, easily accessible via public transit, but there's lots of parking available too if you're driving. There are 2 levels you can access via a high speed glass elevator which runs up the outside of the tower. At the top, there's an observation deck, restaurant, and even a glass floor where you can stand a look alllllll the way down to the street. I knew I was safe inside, but I still couldn't stand on it!!

travelgirl3's Profile Photo

255 Wellington Street West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3P9, Canada
One Blue Jays Way, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1J4, Canada
30 Mercer St, Toronto, Ontario, M5V1H3, Canada
249 Queen's Quay West, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2N5, Canada

The Eiffel Tower of North America!

If you're in Toronto, have some time, and it's a beautiful day, you really should visit this most memorable landmark. I'm pretty sure it would be worth the visit even if not a beautiful day, but I hope that you are as fortunate as I in having a clear, sunny day to enjoy the views afforded you here!

I have a 360 degree view from the CN Tower in a travelogue on this page, so I won't try to duplicate the pictures here. But, I really enjoyed this place and must say that it was one of the highlights of my Toronto visit! There are many interactive displays and movies that tell you of the building and history of the CN Tower. To me, I was most interested in the view which was dramatic in every direction.

There are a couple of options and levels for you to choose. The first and largest is the Lookout Level and you are whisked upward in an elevator moving along the exterior of The Tower from all sides at a speed of about 20 mph. It takes less than a minute to reach the Lookout Level height of 1136 feet or nearly 350 meters and all the while you are seeing the sprawling view below you! There are restaurants, movies, a 360 degreee area for viewing inside as well as a level that is on the outside so you can feel the wind and coolness at this height.

An interior elevator will take you another 100 meters upward to the Sky Pod. Since you've come this far, I would highly recommend that you ascend to this level as it allows you to look more downward and see all around. The cost varies depending upon which level you choose. There are three costs which I believe to be around $23 (Cdn) for the Lookout Level, $27 for the Sky Pod Level, and one additional $32 charge that allows you access to some interactive displays and the cinema.

Even if you are not the commercial tourist type, swallow your pride and visit the CN Tower for a view you will never forget!

NC_Ziggy's Profile Photo
Dec 04, 2005

CN Tower

THE landmark in Toronto is the CN Tower. You can see it from virtualy anywhere you are in the city. With it's 553 meters height - it's bigger than most of the surrounding buildings.

Besides admiring the building, you can also go inside - and upwards. There is an observation deck located at 342 meters above the ground. A ticket will cost you 19,99 Canadian dollar. This gives you entrance to the observatory and the glass floor.

Inside the building you can also visit the restaurant for lunch or dinner. Actually tere are 3. There's the 360 restaurant, Horizon's Cafe and market place plaza.

Imaniac's Profile Photo
May 25, 2004

The Glass Floor

The glass floor of the CN Tower completely freaked me out at first. I practically had to crouch on hands and knees to look through it, but I couldn't go home without saying I had stood on it could I. It took a good 15 minutes of dithering. It is suppose to stand the weight of 6 hippos (OR WAS IT 60) Anyway, it stood my weight.

buzzz's Profile Photo
Aug 10, 2004

The CN Tower

The CN Tower's claim to fame is that it is the tallest free standing structure in the world. The tower stands a whopping 553m tall (1815 feet) and can be seen from virtually anywhere in the city. It is one of those sights that you just have to visit while in Toronto simply for the fantastic views. However it is expensive at $16.00 for adults. The Lookout Level, 346m high, has a glass floor where you can look down below and think about throwing up. There is also an overpriced restaurants that revolves 360 degrees around the tower. For another $7.00 you can take another elevator up to the Skypod where from 447m you can see for 120 miles on a clear day. To add to all this fun is the fact that the elevators have glass windows to ascend the tower really quickly. All in all a visit is not for the weak hearted.
At the base of the tower are a number of tourist attractions such as an IMAX theatre and flight simulators but I personally I think this is where you run into tourist trap country.

Paul2001's Profile Photo
Jan 15, 2007
freddie18's Profile Photo

"My Toronto - "Yours to Discover""
MissAntarctica2002's Profile Photo

"Close To Home"
CdnJane's Profile Photo

"Andre Rieu's Magic Hits Toronto"
coolpanda87's Profile Photo

"TORONTO Canada"
Paul2001's Profile Photo

"Paul2001's Big T.O. Page"

CN Tower

The CN Tower is the largest freestanding structure in North America...or something like that. It is quite large. Apparently people spend a great deal of money to go up inside. Not exactly something I would be into, but I do like how my picture came out.

shohman's Profile Photo
Sep 27, 2005

View from the CN tower

And this is the view from the CN tower.
I actually wouldn't mind going up there again as I know the city so much better now. This picture was taken during my first visit to Canada in 1997 and I didn't know anything about Toronto at that time, hahaha, except that I had to go up the CN tower of course ;-)

sim1's Profile Photo
Jun 19, 2003

Looking down from the CN tower

When you look down from the CN tower you can see the Skydome (or nowadays called Rogers Centre), the baseball stadium of the Toronto Blue Jays. And I was in luck.... the roof of the Dome was open and a game was in play! Fascinating to see a baseball game from this high.

Hahaha, I couldn't resist.... With the binoculars and zoom on my camera I was able to look a little bit at the baseball game :-)) Oh, how I wished I was in that stadium at that moment!

sim1's Profile Photo
Oct 15, 2005

a must see for everyone

The world's tallest freestanding structure on land, the CN Tower, is standing at 554.3 meters. The elevator ride in it self is an attraction with the glass windows!

Open from 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM

Emile72's Profile Photo
Apr 27, 2009

Things To Do Near CN Tower

Rogers Centre - Skydome

Rogers Center Hosts over 200 event days a year. There have been over 2000 events, and more than 60 million people have visited the rogers center from its opeaning day on June 3 1989. Rogers Centre is...

Steam Whistle Brewery

One of the highlights of my trip to Toronto in January 2006 was the Steam Whistle Brewery Tour. At the time of my visit, the "souvenir tour" (a tour of the brewery, free samples of beer and a choice...

Entertainment District

We have routinely visited Yong-Dundas Square since 2002 and have been witness to its revitalization. Yonge-Dundas Square is no doubt Toronto's answer to New York's Time Square. Yonge-Dundas Square,...

Harbourfront & Toronto Islands

In 2009, we took an hour island boat tour from the Waterfront. We were let off at and caught a later boat back to the mainland. We were impressed with the beautiful beaches, gardens, bike rentals,...

Union Station

We were told that we must see Union Station. It was centrally located. Union Station is the primary railway station and intercity transportation facility in Toronto, Ontario, Canada & it's the busiest...

Air Canada Centre

If not for the game, you have to go even if for the ambience and atmosphere and witness Canadian passion in display specially during hockey games. Best when the Toronto Maple Leafs are wining as they...

Getting to CN Tower