Map &

Small-Group Niagara Falls Day Tour from Toronto with Boat Cruise
From CAD129.00

Toronto Zoo Tips (31)

About the Zoo

The Zoo has over 5,000 animals representing over 460 species.

Approximately 1.2 million visitors per year.

Walking trails:
There are over 10 km (6 miles) of walking trails.

287 hectares (710 acres). One of the largest zoos in the world.
Exhibits and Layout:
The Zoo is divided into six zoogeographic regions: Indo-Malaya, Africa, the Americas, Australasia, Eurasia and the Canadian Domain. Animals are displayed indoors in tropical pavilions and outdoors in naturalistic environments, with viewing at many levels.

Must Sees:
Gorilla Rainforest (Africa Pavilion), Baby Komodo Dragons, first born in Canada (Australasia Pavilion), Sumatran Tiger Cubs, first born in Canada (Indo-Malaya Pavilion), African Savanna, Zellers Discovery Zone featuring Kids Zoo, Splash Island and Waterside Theatre.

General Admission (ages 13-64) $28.00
Senior (ages 65+) $23.00
Child (ages 3-12) $18.00
Child (ages 2&younger ) free

orlandom's Profile Photo
May 31, 2015

Toronto Zoo

I just got back from a day at the zoo. My friend's kids had a P.D. (teacher's day off for PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT) What do you know? The kids were able to get in for free and there was no charge for parking !!! Take advantage if you can.

Suzanne123's Profile Photo
Nov 19, 2011

Toronto Zoo

It is a Canada's largest zoo.

The Toronto Zoo is located in the north eastern part of Toronto. Encompassing 710 acres (2.90 km²), the Toronto Zoo is one of the largest in the world. It is divided into four zoogeographic regions with numerous indoor pavilions and outdoor exhibits. The zoo is home to over 5,200 animals representing over 450 distinct species.

Mar. 10 - May 19
9:00am - 6:00pm
(last admission 5:00 pm)

kris-t's Profile Photo
Nov 12, 2011

World Class Zoo in Toronto

Experience a unique wildlife at the Toronto Zoo, one of the largest zoos in the world having an approximately 5,000 animals being housed and taken cared of. This will definitely be a wonderful experience for your kids. It is huge at 287 hectares and over 10 kilometers of walking trails.

Come and visit the Zoo. This is a 'must see' place in Toronto, a one event you should never miss. Please note that it is accessible by car and public TTC Bus Transit. For a complete and detailed information on what is happening and what we are offering that will inspire you, please refer to the website I have provided below.

freddie18's Profile Photo

533 Kingston Rd, , Ontario, L1V3N7, Canada
4626 Kingston Road, M1E 2P6
4584 Kingston Rd, M1E 2P4
20 Milner Business Court, Toronto East, Scarborough, Ontario, M1B 3C6, Canada

Come see my animal friends!

** Please Note **
You will not be able to see any Polar Bears at TZ for a while. Currently under construction is a brand new Tundra Exhibit, and when it is finished it should be amazing. Featuring the Artic Fox, Caribou and of course everyone’s favourite...Polar Bears!

Currently The Toronto Zoo is featuring two baby Siberian Tigers, two baby Orangutans and make sure to say hi to my Gorilla boyfriend Sadiki, who is about three and a half.

Check out this article I wrote about visiting the zoo.
Visit The Zoo

I have been a volunteer tour guide (school groups only) since 2004, so if you have any questions... if I don't know the answer, I can find someone who does!

Better to drive, but you can take public transit.
Take the Bloor/Danforth subway east to the last stop of Kennedy.
Go upstairs to the Bus' and take the 86A. Make sure to get on the 86 "A", it will take you right to the entrance, just bring a book. It will be a long transit ride.

lohki's Profile Photo
Jan 24, 2009

The Toronto Zoo

If you come to Toronto with children(and even if you don't) go to the Metro Toronto Zoo. It is without doubt one of the best zoos in the world. The Metro zoo is particularly large and it will take at least half a day to visit all of the exhibits. The animals are all grouped as according to the continents (or sub-continent) they come from. The African zone is particularly well displayed with wide and open pens where the animials can roam freely. I am also particularily fond of the zone dedicated to North American animals. This is located deep within the Rouge Valley and is also quite spacious. Some might find the walk up and down a little exhausting (in which case you should see your family doctor because you are out of shape) I do have some complaints about the zoo, mostly relating to a general tiredness feel that has sunk in over the years and for the declining state of maintenance. Still it is an excellent zoo. It is also lovely park especially in the autumn when the leaves turn colour.

Paul2001's Profile Photo
Sep 21, 2008

Talk with the animals

I love visiting zoos, and getting the change to actually meet some of the local citizens instead of just rubbing elbows with tourists.
The zoo was a great way to kill a few hours before we had to head to the airport. It also gave us a chance to stretch our legs before being cooped up in the plane for the long ride home.
This zoo is large, but well thought out in its design. The animals looked very happy and content.

raevnzno's Profile Photo
Feb 10, 2008

a Bit Expensive, but very big

the zoo is a tad expensive, however it is a very big zoo. it has very good south east asia exhibits. its australian exhibits are also very good. it is hard to get lost, as there are many signs, and you get a good map at the entrance.
best time to visit is october and november, when the animals are out and walking about, instead of lazing around.

nelro's Profile Photo
Jan 04, 2008
freddie18's Profile Photo

"My Toronto - "Yours to Discover""
MissAntarctica2002's Profile Photo

"Close To Home"
CdnJane's Profile Photo

"Andre Rieu's Magic Hits Toronto"
coolpanda87's Profile Photo

"TORONTO Canada"
Paul2001's Profile Photo

"Paul2001's Big T.O. Page"

Great day out

This is a great zoo and well worth a visit.
Bit outside the city but you can get a bus there and back.
By TTC The TTC operates two bus routes to the Toronto Zoo, from four rapid transit stations. At the Zoo, all TTC buses serve a bus stop conveniently located close to the main entrance.

The 86A Scarborough bus route operates to the Zoo from Kennedy Station every day during the summer. Buses run from about 6am to 8pm. After Labour Day, 86A Scarborough buses operate to the Zoo from Monday to Friday only.

The 85 Sheppard East bus route operates to the Zoo from Don Mills Station and Rouge Hill GO Station on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. 85A "Via Toronto Zoo" and 85B "To Toronto Zoo" buses serve the Zoo directly, from about 7am to 8pm. Other 85 Sheppard East buses serve the Sheppard Avenue/Meadowvale Road intersection, where customers can transfer to 86A Scarborough buses for the short trip into the Zoo.
visit the TTC at

megolodon's Profile Photo
Apr 19, 2007

Toronto Zoo

Zoos are a great place to see and learn about animals from around the world. They are also centres for zoological research and conservation and therefore play an important role in natural science and creating public awareness of pressing zoological and ecological issues. The Toronto Zoo is deeply involved in creating awareness about Canadian issues such as loss of wetland habitats and its inhabitants (especially reptiles and amphibians), as well as highlighting diminishing ranges of many species, especially birds, due to loss of habitat. I really appreciated this 'local' focus of our home zoo.

Having said that, the Toronto Zoo is a pretty good zoo. Some of the animals are still in smallish pens and are seen pacing in boredom, but the zoo is continuously working on improving the living conditions and keeping the animals stimulated. The zoo is divided into regional themes: African Savanna, Indo-Malaya, Eurasia, Americas, Canadian Domain, and a Discovery Zone for the kids. I particularly liked the pavilions as they had the most amount of information about the animals in them (I was a bit annoyed that many of the outdoor displays had simply the name of the animal and not much else). My favourite region was the African Savanna and least favourite was Eurasia, which involved a lot of walking and few animals. Make sure to wear comfy shoes!!

There are several restuarants around the park to eat at (fast food), but they're expensive, so bring a packed lunch if you're budgeting. Backpacks are allowed in the zoo. There are also a few gift shops where you can purchase souvenirs. Donations are appreciated and there are donation bins located in all of the pavilions.

The Toronto Zoo is open year-round except Christmas Day. Hours:

Babzz's Profile Photo
Oct 10, 2006

Metro Toronto Zoo

I love seeing animals so naturally suggest the zoos of cities. The Toronto one, however, is not just a nice zoo that I enjoyed and recommend. In my opinion, it is truly the greatest zoo that I have ever been to. It is truly spectacular. If you enjoy zoos like me, do not miss this one.

I do know for certain, that it is huge. Theymake an effort to display any unusual animal such as a white lion. Another example, is that they wont just have rhinocerouses. They will make sure that they include a rare breed of rhinocerous too. The Zoo has over 5,000 animals which represent 460 species.

Some of the greatest days of my life, were at the Toronto zoo. I seldom hesitate to take visitors there. The only problem, however, is that it requires lots of walking. I do know, one can hire special mobiles for less-abled people.

I could continue writing about highlights there. I do remember that the ostriches are curious. When we stood by the fence to see them, they came directly opposite us to stare at us too! We felt like we were in the zoo!

Martman's Profile Photo
Mar 07, 2006

Enjoyable day out

The first thing we did when we got to Toronto was go to the zoo and I'm glad we did this first as we spent all day there and walked for miles. It is certainly the largest zoo we have visited and we have been to a few. There is about every type of animal you can think of here. The zoo is well spaced out and the enclosures are large so that the animals have enough room.

Our highlights were the Snow Leopard, Red Panda and Moose.

This is a great day out for all members of the family. It is also available with the Citypass which makes it a cheap day too.

We used public transport to get from downtown Toronto and it took about 1 hour 15 minutes as we had to change buses but don't worry you won't get lost.

clmbsb's Profile Photo
Oct 21, 2005

Things To Do Near Toronto Zoo

Ontario Science Centre

Since opening its doors in 1969, the centre has fascinated more than 40 million visitors, including more than 220,000 students per year, with the wonders of science and technology. Our entourage of 17...

Yonge Street

You want a place to people watch in Toronto. Look now further then Yonge and Dundas Square located along Yonge St. in downtown Toronto. Eaton Centre is close by. The place is basically the "Times...
Things to do

Enjoyed walking around this neighborhood with many Victorians. According to the Cabbagetown Preservation Association; It comprises "the largest continuous area of preserved Victorian housing in all of...

Allan Gardens

It is one of the prettiest places to see in Toronto any time of the year. It is the oldest park in the city built in 1858. I saw elaborate and wide selection of tropical, sub tropical and exotic plant...

Distillery District

Wonderful colorful & charming shops, galleries, condo's, event spaces, many restaurants with outdoor dining, street performers, concerts, movies and festivals. The distillery came to life at...
Things to do

I just walked along this street. They said celebrities whenever in Toronto can be spotted here dining or clubbing. Yorkville is a mixture of high end stores, beautiful condos and restored victorian...

Getting to Toronto Zoo

We don't yet have an address for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!

• Sunday 09:30 to 18:00