Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Quebec City Helicopter Tour
"After meeting at the ticket office in Quebec City at your chosen departure time you’ll be driven to the heliport for your helicopter tour. Aboard a 4- to 6-person state-of-the-art helicopter soar over Quebec City for 12-15 minutes and admire incredible aerial views of Old Quebec and its fortifications. Spot Château Frontenac Cap Diamant the Plains of Abraham Ile d'Orléans and the bridges spanning the mighty St Lawrence River. You’ll fly over all the must-see natural wonders and popular urban areas of this 17th-century capital city. Your expert pilot will provide interesting and informative commentary
From CAD141.00

"Quebec City
"Quebec City Its River and Its Landscape Helicopter Tour""Enjoy a truly breathtaking sightseeing experience on a 30-minute “Québec City Its River Its Landscapes” tour. Along with all the City Tour attractions including the Québec bridges the Plains of Abraham
From CAD207.00

Quebec City Walking Tour
"Conducted year-round rain or shine this walking tour starts in the Upper Town district of Old Quebec and finishes in the Lower Town. You'll discover Quebec City's history from 1608 to present on this enjoyable walking tour. While listening to the entertaining and informative commen you'll gain a sense of the day-to-day lives of the people who have lived in this lovely fortress city over the centuries. You will visit sites such as the Quebec Citadel Chateau Frontenac Quebec fortifications Basilica Notre-Dame
From CAD31.00

Local food and drinks Tips (21)

French Food and Drink # 10 - Local Beers!

If you have been following my pages like Vancouver, Haines Alaska and other you will know I always try to highlight some of the local beers from the area.

Quebec is not different. Unibroue is a local craft brewer. They have several different kinds so you can look out for their brands if you want to try the local beers.

I enjoyed the Blanche de Chambly! This picture was taken at the Carnaval where you could try several of their their beers in small portions.

French Food and Drink # 9 - The Apple Cider

Here in this picture I am enjoying some locally produced Minot Apple Cider. I really enjoyed this as well. Much nicer that filling up on beer all the time, LOL :-)

La Cidrerie du Minot, a cidermill located in Quebec’s Southwestern Townships, cultivates its own apples on a 52-hectare orchard 60 kilometres south of Montreal.

With its gravelly soil and a unique microclimate nurtured by the St. Lawrence and Richelieu Rivers, Lake Champlain and the Adirondacks, this is an ideal location for making cider. The exceptional growing conditions are perfect for the variety of apples in the Minot orchards, namely the McIntosh, Cortland, Lobo, Melba, Duchesse, Empire, Geneva, Liberty, Trent and Golden Russet.

French Food and Drink # 8 - Maple Syrup Crepe

Here is a plain crepe covered in Maple Syrup from Au Petit Coin Breton. This crepe I remember was awesome.

It wasn't too sweet either, I really enjoyed it.

There was one thing I remember when I think of these great meals I tried.

Here at home we are used to getting big plates of deep fried food with no taste and you would never get through three courses or at least I can't anymore.

Here in Quebec it was easy and very enjoyable to try the delicious appetizers, the main course and then the dessert and not leave feeling like you were going to burst but just right!

Feb 05, 2005

French Food and Drink # 1 - The Poutine! :-)

Here in the next series of tips is where I try to make you and I both very hungry with great shots of the food from Old Quebec and I promise to only show you the things kind of unique to Quebec. No MacDonald's in these pictures!!!

Here you have the famous French Poutine from Chez Ashton's.

Notice the big cheese curds! This is what makes the French Poutine so much better!

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Quebec

1215 chemin Ste-Foy, Quebec City, G1S 2N1, Canada
30 rue Audubon, G2M 1A3
1048 rue Saint-Jean, G1R 1R6
820 Eymard Ave, Quebec City, Quebec, G1S 4A1, Canada
1365, boulevard Rene-Levesque Ouest, Quebec City, Canada
640, St-Vallier Ouest, Quebec City, G1N 1C5, Canada

French Food and Drink # 7 - Main Course Crepes!

Crepes you are starting to see are very popular. Here is a crab and shrimp crepe from Au Petit Coin Breton with cheese melted over it and cooked in a cream souce.

This too was very very tasty.

You must be starting to get a feel for local french cousine now, I am giving you lots of ideas :-)

French Food and Drink # 6 - Fondued Cheese

Here in this picture you can see the Fondued Cheese I had from Au Petit Coin Breton.

This was very tasty, at first I thought I might have to cook it myself in a fondue but it came out already cooked.

I really enjoyed this! The cheese was very tasty, soft and warm.

French Food and Drink # 14 - Wild Meat Pie

Here in this picture I was having Lac Saint Jean Wild Meat Pie from aux Anciens Canadiens Restaurant.

Different wild meats such as Caribou are popular and cooked very very well.

The vegetables on this plate where half warm and half cold which was nice.

I am telling you to trust me that your taste buds will be happy in Quebec!!

Feb 05, 2005

French Food and Drink # 2 - Maple Candy!

Here in this picture a local guy at the Carnaval was serving maple candy from a traditional sugar shack.

This is very traditional and I would try if I were you while in Quebec. I got this picture right up on the Carnaval groups.

Outside of that time of year it might be a little harder to find.

Jefie's Profile Photo

Jefie

"Quebec, mon amour!"

jamiesno

"Quebec City, Quebec, Canada"
Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Bwana_Brown

"Quebec City - A Bit of Europe Close at Hand!"
mim95's Profile Photo

mim95

"Quebec, the charming French town"
Greggor58's Profile Photo

Greggor58

"Une Petite Tour de La Ville de Quebec...."

French Food and Drink # 13 - Maple Butter

Here is a real treat that I bought some of to bring home.

In the picture you can see maple butter from Chez Marie a traditional baker shop in Chateau Richer.

It is great on freshly made bread as you can see in this picture.

I really enjoyed yet another maple product.

Feb 05, 2005

French Food and Drink # 4 - Caribou - The Drink!

Caribou, a feisty alcoholic beverage, was popularised ever since the first carnival. The recipe is attributed to Ti-Père, a commerce that was first established on Ste-Thérèse Street in the lower city, then, more recently, in Old Quebec. Suffice to say a typical drink of caribou contains brandy, vodka, sherry and port... Wow!

The bar tender I spoke too said my particular drink of Caribou included the Caribou wine mixed with 100% alcohol "Alcool" and it was heated up like coffee!!

I tried very hard, I really tried my best to acquire a taste for it but it didn't come naturally. I promise to try again next visit :-)

French Food and Drink # 12 - French Bagette

Ok we can't be sitting in fancy restaurants all the time if your touring around at a frantic pace or on a budget so there are more options for trying the local cousine!

I wandered into a small convenience store and bought a freshly made bagette with a strong mustard on it but it was very tasty.

This store had all the ambiance of some of the fancy places as well. The local regulars where there buying cigarettes, getting a coffee and chatting about the local gossip. They were very expressive and willing to help with a few questions I had.

It was a nice fun experience and we ended up having some laughs with the people there, they were very friendly.

French Food and Drink # 15 - Maple Syrup Pie

Here is another great example of local cousine and this one is for the person with a very sweet tooth.

It's Maple Syrup Pie from aux Anciens Canadiens Restaurant.

This concludes my look at the different very tasty foods of Quebec. I think you should have some ideas now on things that would be considered local.

They obviously enjoy their crepes, poutine, wild meats, fresh bread and maple products.

There are just so many different restaurants that I think you will not be disappointed in any of them in old Quebec! Enjoy because I think Quebec has to be one of the best culinary destinations the world has to offer! Seriously :-)

Things to Do Near Quebec

Grande Allee

The Grande Allee is to Quebec what the Champs Elysees is to Paris. It's the "main drag", where things are happening. A broad avenue, it leads from the old walls to the outskirts of the city, past the...
Things to Do

Plains of Abraham (Battlefields Park)

What Mount Royal is to Montreal and Central Park to New York City describes the relationship of the Plains of Abraham to the City of Quebec – a green living room only with a broad dose of history...

Quebec Experience

Quebec Experience - A 3D spectacle of 30 mn. From 10AM to 10PM (15 May to 15 October). Alternatively in English and in French. Mainly 3D photographes with an astonishing mobile face on the left side,...

Musee de l'Amerique Francaise

The Musée de l'Amérique francophonei s the oldest museum in all of Canada. It was founded in 1663 by Monseigneur de Laval. It is the dedicated to the history of French culture in North America. The...

Terrasse Dufferin

Frederick Temple Hamilton-Temple-Blackwood was Lord Dufferin’s full name – try filling that out on a border control form! From 1872 to 1878, Lord Dufferin served as the third Governor General of...

Rue du Tresor

This is where French colonists used to come to pay their annual tax. The street lost that function with the cession of New France to Britain and the street became a side alley. In the 1960’s when...

Getting to Quebec

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Local Customs. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Local Customs. Help us improve our info!

Map