Map &

Sunset Sightseeing Cruise in Los Cabos
From $60.00

What to pack Tips (12)

Layers, Layers, Layers

Luggage and bags This is the Baja, so you really don't need much. I always try to bring only carry on luggage and a minimum of clothing. There's always a laundry or store with a sale going on.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear The Baja, especially the Southern Baja, is known for its sun and fun, however, even though it can be quite warm in the winter, the weather can be fickle and turn on you. As such it is always good to pack a long sleeve shirt and a light coat especially for December through February.

Cottons are good, but I prefer the new synthetics like Nike's "Dry Fit" type clothing.

And as the water is relatively warm all year round, it's always important to bring a swim suit.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies This is up to each individual, but I'd suggest always carrying a "travel roll" of toilet paper as most places you find in tourist areas don't have any.

Photo Equipment This all depends on what type of photos you want. Today's point and shoots and for that matter modern "Smart Phones" have sufficient photo capacity for most "tourists."

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear The Baja has some incredible beaches. In Mexico, beaches are "free" however in many areas, the mega hotel resorts have all but blocked access. There are locations marked Playa with an arrow which typically point to free access areas. Parking near these locations however can be problematic.

Agraichen's Profile Photo
Jan 12, 2016

Pack light... but

Luggage and bags The baggage handling at the airport in Cabo leaves a lot to be desired. If you are bringing something delicate (like wine for example) pack it well. Very well.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear It seems I have been packing lighter each time we go. However, the hotel we stay at (The Westin) has laudry facilities. But I always bring one pair of pants and a light jacket. Hat and sunglasses are a must. SPF 45 for my fair skined Irish wife. Although if you forget something or run out of supplies there is always Costco, Mega (San Jose), or Soriannas (San Jose).

bfiesta's Profile Photo
Feb 18, 2007

Snorkel gear oh Dear!

Luggage and bags Luggage it is best to travel light, meaning 2 suite cases, and a "carry on for your camera's, personal I.D. information, and jewelry. "

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear Water shoes are a plus, I carry two pair each time I travel there. One pair for social events and one pair for the beach. I take 4 or 5 swim suites and that is generally my clothing most of the day except when I go out to eat, but a resturant called Villa Serena has a pool with a beautiful view. You can swim while you waite for your lobster. You will also need good head gear such as a hat if you are going to do any walking. And for those of us who love to snorkel I suggest you go and purchase your own snorkel gear. Most tourist service will provide you with what you need if you do not have any.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies Other than sun block I get all my toilerties and medical supplies in Cabo, Cabo is a civilized town with plenty of stores, including Costco.

Photo Equipment I take 4 or 5 camera's if not more. I suggest digital camera's for senery, and people photo's. I suggest those cheap under water camera's you can buy from Fuji or Kodak. My experience is that they take just as good a picture as my digital under water camera (I have a cheap under water camera). But they take a good picture if you are close to the fish.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear Beach gear is a must. I rent a car and drive to the beach. I have a sun tent ,and it is a great! Along with a colapsable cooler for my beer (easy to put in your luggage), my snorkel gear which includes flippers, and my water shoes to get to the car.

Miscellaneous Baja is a wonderful place. Just be careful and respectful and you should have a wonderful time.

Jun 30, 2006

Keep It Simple

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear Swim suit
Something easy and comfortable for an evening on the town
comfortable sandles
A hat is a must

Toiletries and Medical Supplies the hotel I stayed at provided soap, hair shampoo, towles, hair dryer, and toilet paper. Bring everything else.

Photo Equipment What ever you fell like lugging around.

Miscellaneous My aunt brought with her a suitcase of water. You don't need to do this, just buy it there for about us$1.00. However, we did drink it all and she had an extra suitecase to bring back goodies in!

FOURPIRSQ's Profile Photo
Jul 09, 2005
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Cabo San Lucas

Av. Pescador S/N, Col. El Médano, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, 23410, Mexico
Callejon del Pescador s/n, Col. El Medano, Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, 23410, Mexico
Playa El Medano s/n, Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, 23410, Mexico
Playa El Medano, Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, 23410, Mexico
Camino Viejo a San Jose, Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, 23410, Mexico
Av. El Pescador S/N, Col. El Medano, Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, 23453, Mexico

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear Cabo was FREEZING this April compared to other times I've visited Mexico. It was over 100 everyday last year, but not this trip!

I spent almost every night in the same pair of linen pants and light sweater. Pack for varied weather! Better safe than...cold!

kcochran111's Profile Photo
Jun 04, 2004

Things You May Need

Luggage and bags Something to take your things to the beach, or to carry the things you buy at the beach

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear Bring a jacket. It can get cool at night in the "winter"

Toiletries and Medical Supplies Kaopectate, Tums, Pepto Bismol - I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from

Photo Equipment Plenty of film

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear A hat - the sun can get very hot and many people burn easily here

Jan 19, 2004

Sandals, shorts, one or two shirts and a camera

Luggage and bags It's hot, it's always hot, at night it's hot. It only rains when there is a hurricane. This is Baja...dress down.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear Sandals or no shoes.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies Please.

Photo Equipment YES! If you got it bring it. Great photo ops with the natural rocks at lands end.

EL_Bobbo's Profile Photo
Jul 02, 2003

Bring sunblock and sunglasses

Luggage and bags Pack light as it can get very hot and humid in Cabo, plus it's a long drive to and from the airport.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear Bring the bare essentials, swimsuit, shorts, t-shirt, tank

Photo Equipment A regular camera will do just fine

"Cabo San Lucas..."
Sonador3's Profile Photo

"Cabo San Lucas, Mexico"
Usctwin's Profile Photo

"Cabo San Lucas: The perfect quick getaway from LA!"
Goner's Profile Photo

"Cabo San Lucas"

Packing List

Luggage and bags Suitcases for your clothing and a backpack to carry all of those goodies you find. No laundry bag is needed since most accomodations have washers and dryers.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear No jacket. Maybe a light sweater just in case. Sandals are a must, good walking shoes, lots of shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, caps/hats, shades (very dark), rain would be welcome, therefore no rain cover or clothing should be required, beware of flash floods.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies Bring sun screen especially if you are sensitive to sunlight. All medications to last for your stay. I've heard you can obtain refills in Cabo if you run out. Narcotic medications should be accompanied by a valid prescription bottle. A small first aid kit, soap, and toiletries you normally use at home should be brought with you since Cabo is expensive for most everything except booze.

Photo Equipment I personally use a good Digital Camera which takes photos just as good as a 35mm camera. Bring plenty of film. If you bring a digital camera, be sure you have a means to transfer your images to storage at the end of the day. I take my notebook with me for the job so I can also edit them on the fly. Bring extra batteries as well.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear SUNSCREEN cannot be expressed enough. The sun in Cabo is very bright.

Miscellaneous If you are stying in a Condo with all the comforts of home (timeshare, etc), you will want to lay in some food stuffs. Beware that food is expensive in Cabo. They will not allow you to bring in meat or vegtables. Bring canned food. If you drink coffee, bring a can of coffee AND sugar. Those two items are especially expensive. Bring the munchies you like also. While in Cabo, you can keep up on your favorite TV shows. While there in '01, I was surprised to see all of my local TV stations off Satellite (Seattle KOMO, KIRO, and KING). Amazing to wake up to see the rain and traffic mess at home. Makes you appreciate where you are. The TV will depend on where you are staying. We had a couple Los Angeles stations for a couple days. CNN and some premium channels are available, but then who wants to spend their time in Cabo watching the tube when the action is in town?

armyretired's Profile Photo
Oct 05, 2002

Packing List

Luggage and bags Standard luggage, easily entered by airport security. If you plan to bring back souvenir shirts & soft stuff like that, pack an empty cloth duffle in your suitcase. Once you arrive, take it out and fill it up with goodies. Except fruit, critters or people. The USBP, Customs Svc., and USDA all frown on that.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear Take good hiking-type shoes if you plan to leave the hotel. Between the sidewalks and the rocks, you'll be glad you have them.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies Lots of hot sun almost overhead means sunblock. I'd pack a first aid kit with some antiseptic stuff for skinned knees, toes, and so on.

Photo Equipment Nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe a telephoto lens in case a whale goes by.

Miscellaneous We stay in a condo-type place, so we would pack a box full of groceries here at home, and ship it down there on the same flight we are on. Much cheaper and most likely safer than groceries there.

Oct 04, 2002

Packing List

Luggage and bags Travel light since you don't really need much while in Cabo, Wear the same t-shirt for a few weeks and you will not notice the difference,

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear Sandals , Boots , Shorts, Hats

Toiletries and Medical Supplies Lots of sunscreen , I was sunburned untill I turned 75

vpr's Profile Photo
Oct 04, 2002

Packing List

Luggage and bags Just a small bag on wheels should be enough, you don't need any heavy clothes.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear The bathing suit is a must! Evenings between October and April can be cool so a jacket may be needed. We didn't need one in February however. The rainy season is most of July through September and a rain jacket might be required.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies The pharmacies and stores have all the stuff if you didn't bring it.

Photo Equipment I didn't buy any film down there so don't know if it's expensive or not, best to bring it with you.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear Don't forget the suntan lotion - the sun can be very hot.

Miscellaneous Bring good walking shoes, some of the streets and sidewalks are uneven and old.

Goner's Profile Photo
Aug 25, 2002

Things To Do Near Cabo San Lucas

Things to Do

The Arch

This natural arch is Cabo's most famous landmark. It's only accesible by boat so you can either take a sightseeing or whale watching tour or rent a kayak and paddle out here. Right by the arch is a...

Getting to Cabo San Lucas

We don't yet have an address for this What to Pack. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this What to Pack. Help us improve our info!