Map &

SUP Lesson in Cabo San Lucas
From $55.00
Sunset Sightseeing Cruise in Los Cabos
From $60.00

La Palapa Restaurant Tips (4)

"La Palapa Real Home Made Food Cabo": The BEST!! Seafood Dishes

The service was the Best!!
We had the Flaming Banana Desert after one of the best Seafood Dinners I have ever had. Gustavo was really pouring the flame and presenting the Desert:)

Favorite Dish 1 of the 3 or 6 different SeaFood specials

La Palapa Restaurant: Great Value

Ambience is average. The wait staff is excellent, they really aim to please. It was windy one evening, we asked for and got another table and they closed the door. Lunch is very inexpensive.

Favorite Dish Everything is good. The pecan dressing on their salad is very good. The Mexican Coffee was a good show.

sgoet's Profile Photo
Apr 04, 2011

La Palapa Restaurant: Best seafood without the fishy feeling and grease.

The restaurant was a surprise. My boyfriend and I walked around the main streets looking for a local joint to eat some good traditional Cabo food. We wanted to avoid any tourist trap places that have the standard greasy and fake Mexican food. When we saw this place and the menus, we were curious. The food looked nicely arranged and it looked healthy, but delicious. In the backroom was a large white section for past guest to write reviews and we did just that afterwards. It was nice to see all the comments from tourists and we were curious to try it out. The place was very cozy, but elegant and you could see the kitchen was kept up. My boyfriend and I are always worried when we go into places where we can not see the conditions of the kitchen. I ordered a grilled fish with side order of Spanish rice sprinkled with lime. My boyfriend ordered seasoned calamari and white parsley rice. We were very surprised that there was virtually no grease on our places and everything had a very distinctive, but clean seafood scent. We ate the whole plate and was full, but not weighed down. For dessert, we had flan and fried plantains with ice cream. The dessert was rich and filling, but also did not weight you down with too much unnecessary sugar. Overall, the dining experience was a nice elegant and cozy alternative to greasy tourist places. We also met the owner and his son who was very friendly in greeting and ensuring a good dining experience with all their quests.

-mark and von
spring, 2005

La Palapa Restaurant: Mexican seafood at its best

After we'd finished our margarita's (and internet surfing) at The Corner Cafe & Cantina, we headed off in search of an awesome lunch. When I was here in 1994, I met a local merchant/restaurant owner who invited me to his establishment. Well back then, I though that it was the best seafood I have ever tasted.

Ten years later, I wondered if the place was still open, and if it was, I barely remembered where it was located (Squid Roe comes to So we walked the streets for about 5 minutes and stumbled upon the was still open!!! We looked at the menu outside and decided that we had to eat here :-) Awesome choice...there was a couple already eating ant they offered rave reviews of La Palapa.

Favorite Dish A lot had changed since I was last at this restaurant...the owner had retired but his son (Gustavo Sanchez) had taken over the business. It had closed for about 6 months (retooling) but was doing good business thing had not changed...the food was magnificent.

For lunch, we had a Green Salad (with homemade pecan dressing) and the Seafood Combination Special (grilled mahi-mahi, sautéed tilapia, lobster tail, sautéed shrimp, shrimp wrapped in bacon covered with red/yellow peppers and garlic butter) with veggies and rice. To wash this down, Gus "hooked us up" big time with 4 kicking margarita's. A nice way to end our stay in Cabo San Lucas.

BLewJay's Profile Photo