Grocery Stores, Cabo San Lucas

• Grocery Stores
    by malianrob

Know about this? Rate It!

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

CostCo: Big Box Shopping

by Agraichen Written Dec 27, 2015

While most people go to Cabo San Lucas for the (normally) warm, fun and sun water sports and miles of pristine beaches, there are some that live there and in other more remote parts of the Baja that need to shop for necessities. Thus Costco becomes a sort of destination trip for many as most of the small towns and villages in the Baja do not have stores that carry "most" things that households typically require.

NOTE if you are heading north on Hwy 1 to Costco, you must exit the highway just as you see the store on the left then make a U turn and STAY on the frontage road instead of getting back on the Highway.

What to buy: Quantities of most any food and household products in large sizes at reduced prices.

Address: Federal Highway 1/Carr Transpeninsular

Directions: North on Hwy 1 toward San Jose del Cabo. Located on west side of highway.

• Mega in San Jose del Cabo: Shortchanged at Mega

by kswan Updated Mar 29, 2007

I was recently scammed at the Mega in San Jose. I used a 100-peso note for a 49-peso purchase. The clerk rang it up as a 50 and handed me one peso in change. Since I was certain I had only new bills straight from the ATM I knew I had nothing smaller than a 100; so I called her on it. Other customers (Mexicans) tried to help me, but to no avail. She stonewalled and refused to check in her drawer. It wasn’t worth fighting over $5 so I left. But I am now forewarned, and so are you.

What to buy: Just be careful

What to pay: Exact change if you have it

Address: San Jose del Cabo, BCS

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Grocery Stores: Costco

by malianrob Written Feb 22, 2006

Yes Cabo has a Costco and its just like in the states. When we come to Cabo with the kids we usually eat in the condo. This saves us alot of money because the food can get expensive in Cabo. so we usually bring some things from home since the flight is so short or we will go to Coscto.

• Adventure Travel