Police, Cabo San Lucas

Covered for your next adventure?
Get travel insurance you can count on.

Know about this?

• Entry forms

by MargaretM22 Written Aug 7, 2015

Who knew you had to save documents when entering Mexico. I filled out all the paperwork they gave me, showed my passport etc. when entering the country...well no one tells you to keep the little entrance forms. I got to the airport to go home and did not have the entry form I used to enter the country and like the other poster said I had to pay $50 for the immigration officer to hand me another form. Another ripoff! What could I do but to pay him I wanted to go home!

• V_747's Profile Photo

Save all Documents from the Airplane!!!

by V_747 Written Nov 30, 2006

Upon entering Cabo, they give you some immigration papers on the airplane. What they don't tell you is that if you lose these papers you cannot leave the country! How do I know this? It happened to me! It was a good thing that I got to the airport early! They even tried to get me to pay $75 USD to process the documents! I had to plead and plead, then after playing their back and forth games I was finally let go! It is cases like these that make me dislike Mexico!

• Luxury Travel
    • Spa and Resort

• EL_Bobbo's Profile Photo

Watch out for security posing as police for bribes

by EL_Bobbo Written Jul 2, 2003

If you take a leak outside they will fine you...come on! It's Baja Mexico! Anyhoo...it cost us $20 USD and it was jsut security. The difference is the Police will shoot you and you can just push the security guards and run. We found this out later when we sobered up.

Instant Answers: Cabo San Lucas